egg whites from the shell vs. egg whites from the carton

1. egg whites from the shell vs. egg whites from the carton

any differance between the two nutrtionaly?

2. The sodium may be slightly higher. I noticed it on a carton I bought. One serving was 13g protein and 200mg sodium; with 2 whole eggs there would be ~13g protein ~100mg sodium.
  3. Never enough

Theres the whole issue of biotin depletion in the from the shell whites (if used raw) as well as how bioavailable the protein is in the from the shell whites (if raw). If you are cooking, not an issue.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   

4. I think nutritionally they are pretty much the same. They usually pasteurize the ones in the cartons I believe

5. I think they are pretty much the same, with either one youre still gonna get quality protein

6. Quote Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
    I think nutritionally they are pretty much the same. They usually pasteurize the ones in the cartons I believe
    yea i noticed that on the back of one of the cartons, it exctually recommened it being put into a protein shake, which tells me it there would be little to no chance of salmonella or i guess it could be drunk straight from the carton for a quick protein snack.

7. I say in the shell, even though I think the other's are right in that they're the same... something about egg whites being poured out of cardboard instead of cracking the shell that bugs me.

However, I would be careful about the eggs lately with the recall in effect.

8. Im a carton man myself. Quick, easy, and theres pretty much no difference in nutrition facts. Just once you open a carton, you have to finish it within like 4-5 days or it goes bad. Its easy if you just eat them everyday.

9. I drink quite a bit of egg whites, so I use the pasteurized ones. The ones i eat(whole/white) are from the shell.

10. Good question.
    I'm a carton man, but have been wondering about getting an order in at http://www.eggwhitesint.com/.
    Best place? Any other suggestions?

11. before i use carton eggs from (cotsco) and now i use raws

I see some videos of Ronnie Coleman using this: http://www.eggology.com/Public/Home/index.cfm

12. I did notice my wife bought cartoned egg whites and it had maltodextrin in it. Not a huge deal I guess but I assume "real" egg doesnt have that

Similar Forum Threads

1. egg whites
    By beefydude in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 10:03 AM
  2. Eating raw egg whites out of the carton?
    By ZoomZoom88 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 11:06 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 01:54 AM
  4. Egg Whites International liquid egg whites
    By Stingray in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 09:34 AM