pre bed carbs?

austinfrench5

Awards
hey guys. im about to start a bulking phase and am wondering if i should be eating carbs before bed. i drink 30 grams of carbs with my protein shake before bed but should i be eating more carbs before bed like pasta of brown rice. any advice would be appreciated

Shane0Mac

Awards
generally speaking, carbs before bed isnt what you want. some of it will turn to fat. protein before bed is good though

SBT

SBT

Awards
depends also on what time you workout... if you are working out later at night, I think a little carbs in that last meal is a ok

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey guys. im about to start a bulking phase and am wondering if i should be eating carbs before bed. i drink 30 grams of carbs with my protein shake before bed but should i be eating more carbs before bed like pasta of brown rice. any advice would be appreciated
It's dependent upon you. Some like to eat pre-bed and the macronutrients don't affect their progress. Others recommend not having carbohydrates so close to sleep, since they blunt the Growth Hormone spike that occurs then. If you want carbohydrates, I would recommend having them at least two hours before you go to bed, and then have your protein shake - and perhaps add some good fats to that shake - pre-bed.

generally speaking, carbs before bed isnt what you want. some of it will turn to fat. protein before bed is good though
Actually, carbohydrates consumed before bed will NOT "turn to fat", as it takes a few days for this process to occur. However, if you're consuming in excess of what you need, any extra calories - whether they are protein, fat, or carbohydrates - will eventually get stored as fat if you don't use them.

~Team APPNUT