New and no idea where to start

travnock

Awards
Wzup peoples?? I was recommended to this site by my cousin who started weight training after a knee surgery and enjoyed the rehad about turned it into a full time thing. I on the other hand have 2 problems. One im HANDICAP. I walk on forearm crutches (not the ones under ur arm but wrap around under ur elbow) so a lot of the so called cardio exercises i cant do (run, jumping jacks, bike riding, etc..) basically anything regarding primary leg use. I am a pretty good size now but i wanna add a lot of volume to my chest and i'd like to see my ab muscles but again.... Per my disability I cant do a complete sit up. A crunch, i can prob get about half of my back off the ground so i can get the muscle to respond. If pics would help I'll post but I need to know where CAN i start? can i lose the excess fat in my tummy area 1st which isnt much or can i go into a more strict died and into weight training. I've looked every where i've been told all the answers are here. Someone hook me up. FYI dont get mad at me but im posting this is seperate forums here so I make sure to reach all that can help me.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
first of all, how is your diet? post a sample day..what you would eat + supplements

travnock

Awards
first of all, how is your diet? post a sample day..what you would eat + supplements
see thats the thing i dont really have a diet. normal day would be breakfast...

maybe scrambled eggs and toast... bowl of cereal like mini wheats.. or a carnation instant breakfast or a bowl of oatmeal

lunch... i work at a bank so i have to eat fast usually like a "smart ones" microwave lunch something like that

Dinner... im all over the place.. anything from a Caesar salad to, Pasta like Chicken Alredo, to Chinese food like Chicken and Broc or something like that.

I walk on the crutches so i get a workout just by moving from place to place. I can post a pic of my upper body if you think that would help give you an idea on where I am and where im describing where i wanna be.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
nah no need for pictures, ill post more info on diet for you tomorrow when i come back to work

andrewcb

Awards
seek a chiropractors opinion on what you can and cant do/should and shouldnt do as far as a workout. as we dont know the severity of your condition. also we dont know how you feel doing each exercise....get a professional to help you in person and let these guys just perfect it for you.....just my thought. would hate for some1 to tell you to do one thing not knowing what your capabilities truely are and you suffer for it! good luck dood

surgeon4men

Awards
1. Commit to consuming 4 - 6 small meals and snacks everyday.

2. To succeed, you must plan ahead by packing your foods the night before. Thus, you should always have fresh and low-fat foods around.

3. Keep it simple. Don't get too caught up on the specifics or your diet. Start by simply just counting calories.

4. Eat your foods slower.

5. Make healthier food selections like fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals, and beans, low-fat or nonfat dairy products, low fat meats, fish and skinless poultry.

6. Avoid foods that are high in fat and calories.

7. Avoid foods that are high in sugars such as pastries, candy bars, pies and candy.

8. Use a variety of fruits and vegetables in your nutrition plan. Start by trying to eat 5 total vegetable and fruit servings every single day.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
alright well first of all, before stepping foot in the gym you need to dial in the diet 100%. all results reflect how well the diet is followed. i follow the paleo way of eating and its very effective. see if you can do it yourself

eliminate all sugars, dairy and grains. eliminate all processed foods like TV dinners, deli meat, etc. if it comes in a box, dont eat it. this diet requires a ton of cooking but it will make you super lean and strong.

so a sample day with 3 meals would be like this, combine foods how you want:

1. whole eggs, bacon, fruit, vegetables. cook eggs in 100% butter. eat real pork bacon. try to eat as much vegetables as you can.

2. spinach leaves with olive oil, chicken, turkey breast, steak, salmon/tuna

3. more meat like steak,chicken or salmon/tuna with vegetables

for snacks use raw nuts like almonds, walnuts, pecans. also eat fruit for snacks.

ill post more as i get more free time

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wzup peoples?? I was recommended to this site by my cousin who started weight training after a knee surgery and enjoyed the rehad about turned it into a full time thing. I on the other hand have 2 problems. One im HANDICAP. I walk on forearm crutches (not the ones under ur arm but wrap around under ur elbow) so a lot of the so called cardio exercises i cant do (run, jumping jacks, bike riding, etc..) basically anything regarding primary leg use. I am a pretty good size now but i wanna add a lot of volume to my chest and i'd like to see my ab muscles but again.... Per my disability I cant do a complete sit up. A crunch, i can prob get about half of my back off the ground so i can get the muscle to respond. If pics would help I'll post but I need to know where CAN i start? can i lose the excess fat in my tummy area 1st which isnt much or can i go into a more strict died and into weight training. I've looked every where i've been told all the answers are here. Someone hook me up. FYI dont get mad at me but im posting this is seperate forums here so I make sure to reach all that can help me.
Already answered in http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/159469-new-forum-looking.html - you really only need ONE thread.

~Team APPNUT

Acesopro

Awards
sparkpeople.com is also a good website to help you track your calories. Been using it for over a year now.

travnock

Awards
aight well check this out. I work at a bank and sometime im pressed for lunch. are boxed lunches like "smartones" or "leanones" bad for me. the ladies that i world with that died say they are recommended for lunches when you dont have time to cook.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
they aren't bad for you, but certainly don't have the protein, carbs, and good fats that make up a good balanced meal. they are generally loaded with sodium, have maybe 10-15 grams of protein (40-50 grms. a meal is optimal), and the carbs are generally in form of simple sugars. better off preparing a meal and bringing it in from home in a tupperware container. b/s chicken breast, brown rice, and a vegtable., somethng of that nature... i doubt the ladies, though they have good intentions, go to the gym and hit the weights on a regular basis. those lean cuisine, smart meals, etc. aren't going to cut it.

travnock

Awards
if i dont have time to complete a meal and have to take a "smart meal" is it ok to take sups to make up for the missed meals?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if i dont have time to complete a meal and have to take a "smart meal" is it ok to take sups to make up for the missed meals?
Supplements are NOT meals. Make sure you have a few snacks on hand if you can, so that if you don't have the time for a proper meal, you can at least eat something decent - handful of nuts, protein bar, musclegel; even a protein shake pre-mixed will do, or an RTD or MRP (at least MRPs will have enough macronutrients to 'make-up' for a meal).

~Team APPNUT

travnock

Awards
ok, man i need some of you guys to come to the gym with me. my gym has 3 personal trainers all 3 are in totally different directions. its like having a soccer coach, basketball, and baseball but i play Tennis... its mind blowing how 3 guys all looking like they belong in a mag can all be in left field with me

frefly120

Awards
hi,whazzz up,maybe you can help me out,have you heard about cjc1295??????do you know anything about it???