Glucose - AnabolicMinds.com

Glucose

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

Glucose

When is the best time to eat something to raise glucose levels, pre or post workout

Also what would be best for this, i heard things like gummy bears are really helpful

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TeamT10 View Post
    When is the best time to eat something to raise glucose levels, pre or post workout

Also what would be best for this, i heard things like gummy bears are really helpful
    You can do either. Pre-training, it will give you some energy for training - depending on what you eat, how long before training, and how long you will be training for. Post-training, it will help enhance recovery and muscle creatine accumulation (if creatine used post-training).

Anything with sugar in will give you a fast release of glucose - so gummy bears will, yes. Otherwise, my recommendation would be to have a mix of complex AND simple carbohydrates: Pre-training have a meal that includes complex carbohydrates ~90-120 minutes pre-training; post-training, have simple sugars with protein and creatine immediately after, and then a meal containing complex carbohydrates, protein, and fat ~30 minutes (but no later than 60 minutes) after that.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

always a big help thanks rosie

i dont eat anything pre workout for my am, because i work out at 5am and i like the empty stomache run, plus i heard it heps with natural growth hormone levels, and then post i do my usual (protein, fiber, omegas, glutamine, creatine) shake, but i was thinking of adding the carbs in it to help glucose post, my pm workout i always have a banana about 60 minutes prior, and then dinner 30 minutes post (lean proteins, vegetables, complex carbs) which seems to work, but iv heard no carbs after 5, which unfortunately 6pm is where my post workout falls
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

you might consider doing some bcaas before you workout in the morning. shouldn't make you full and will give you some aminos in the blood stream. i would use glucose or something else to spike insulin pwo
  5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamT10 View Post
    always a big help thanks rosie

i dont eat anything pre workout for my am, because i work out at 5am and i like the empty stomache run, plus i heard it heps with natural growth hormone levels, and then post i do my usual (protein, fiber, omegas, glutamine, creatine) shake, but i was thinking of adding the carbs in it to help glucose post, my pm workout i always have a banana about 60 minutes prior, and then dinner 30 minutes post (lean proteins, vegetables, complex carbs) which seems to work, but iv heard no carbs after 5, which unfortunately 6pm is where my post workout falls
    No worries

I personally would take the glutamine out altogether and definitely add in ~50g of carbohydrates (fibre does not really count). Dinner is fine, but there's no need to stop having carbohydrates after 6pm.

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries

I personally would take the glutamine out altogether and definitely add in ~50g of carbohydrates (fibre does not really count). Dinner is fine, but there's no need to stop having carbohydrates after 6pm.
    Rosie why do you say to take out glutamine? I take glutamine in the morning before my fasted cardio should I not be doing this?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

No worries

ya im interested into why you suggest taking out the glutamine
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

there are studies suggesting that supplementing oral glutamine does nothing. you already get enough through food, considering you eat plenty of meat.
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by josheyy View Post
    Rosie why do you say to take out glutamine? I take glutamine in the morning before my fasted cardio should I not be doing this?
    During my degree I did my meta-analysis on glutamine, and the overall conclusion was that it was pointless for anyone but sedentary individuals who did nothing at all - in active individuals, even in high doses, glutamine did not enhance the immune system, nor aid in recovery, which are the primary reasons most people use it.

10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

During my degree I did my meta-analysis on glutamine, and the overall conclusion was that it was pointless for anyone but sedentary individuals who did nothing at all - in active individuals, even in high doses, glutamine did not enhance the immune system, nor aid in recovery, which are the primary reasons most people use it.
    heh thats interesting, good thing it hasnt been a staple for awhile, otherwise yay wasted money
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Using a glucose tester
    By Steelwolf in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 11:34 AM
  2. Low Glucose?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 03:14 PM
  3. Glucose Levels on AP
    By pm39120 in forum Supplements