Insomia attack - AnabolicMinds.com

Insomia attack

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Insomia attack

hi guys! I'm having hard to sleep this couple of days and I am wondering if this a start of insomia?.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Yes, go ahead and start up a fight club, in a few days you will turn into brad pitt...

But seriously idk, you taking anything diff supp wise? change of diet? alot on your mind? I just pop some ZMA and that usually does the trick for me..
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TipTopShape View Post
    hi guys! I'm having hard to sleep this couple of days and I am wondering if this a start of insomia?.
    Nah, sometimes my body gets out of whack and I go days without sleeping. I think I'm up to 5 days without sleep last time it happened. Probably just overtraining a bit.

Black your bedroom out, no light at all, as in you can't see your hands in front of your face, get the temperature down to about 65-68, and take 5g Melatonin or 2 Biotest Z12. Make sure you've got 10-12 hours to sleep, so go to bed early. This should put you out and help you recover.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  161 lbs.

Are you finding it difficult it get to sleep, or to stay asleep?

My problem is staying asleep!
  5. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mav6 View Post
    Nah, sometimes my body gets out of whack and I go days without sleeping. I think I'm up to 5 days without sleep last time it happened. Probably just overtraining a bit.

Black your bedroom out, no light at all, as in you can't see your hands in front of your face, get the temperature down to about 65-68, and take 5g Melatonin or 2 Biotest Z12. Make sure you've got 10-12 hours to sleep, so go to bed early. This should put you out and help you recover.
    Melatonin keeps me up and makes me feel like crap in the morning.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer2be08 View Post
    Melatonin keeps me up and makes me feel like crap in the morning.
    Yeah, you definitely drag ass in the morning after dosing melatonin. How much are you taking though? Some guys have to take up to 10mg before they feel any effect? You could always try some GABA if you're find that you're too mentally alert at night. I take 1.6g of GABA an hour before bed, it's supposed to be good for your GH pulsation as well.
  7. MK9

5-htp will help out, and some chamomile tea. There are times I get wound up so I drink some tea, and read a book.
    The actual moving of your eyes while reading will cause you to get sleepy
    MK9
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.

One scoop of MP's Bullet Proof with a cup of PP's Dream Tea puts me out in five minutes. It is a must for me on cycle. I still might wake up once or twice during the night, but I am able to fall right back asleep. It can make me feel a little droggy in the morning but nothing that will keep me from getting to work or my morning workout. You will also remember alot of dreams in vivid detail. Like when you were a kid. The other night I had incredible sex with an old girlfriend I have not thought of in twenty years.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I like Natural Calm for little relaxing before bed. I used to try the chamomile tea, but I just never felt like it was strong enough. Be warned though, 2 tsp Natural Calm is about all the more you want to take. More than that and it has a laxative effect. I mean that warning with much more enthusiasm than text can express.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

Supplement wise: 5-HTP and GABA would do the trick. If you can add L-Theanine even better.

Lifestyle: Another trick is good old warm milk (not microwaved). The smell and taste well make anyone feel comfortable and induce a sense of relaxation. For many, a warm shower before bed also helps reduce stress and prepares them to sleep. Don't play with your mobile phone at night for example or laptop as it might make you more alert, even reading a book for some can cause insomnia as it makes them mentally more alert though physically they are drained. Adjust the room temperature as well for your comfort level as irritation can make people lose their sleep.

Many reasons why insomnia kicks in is due to stress (mental stress or physical stress). So avoid training late at night, avoid over training as not only it will impact your sleep pattern but also your appetite, you will notice you are tired and less hungry since it impacts metabolism. Also, avoid taking pre-workout supplements that contain stimulants after 6 PM, stick with basic pre-workout supplements for night usage such as CGT-10 from Optimum Nutrition or White Flood.

Good Luck

Similar Forum Threads

1. VAT Attack
    By wrasslin116 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
  2. vat attack
    By at1010 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 05:14 PM