IFBB pro designed diet

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
This diet was designed by an IFBB pro. I am 12 weeks as Im writing this, but my diet is the same as it was 4 weeks ago when I started this. Current stats are 6' 230lbs 5% bf. I was about 215lbs 4% when I started this diet 4 weeks ago.

7A
4 egg whites
4 whole eggs
1 C oatmeal
2 slices whole wheat toast
1 T regular jelly
Fish oil caps

10A
8 oz steak
12 oz potato

1P
50g whey
1 apple
Fish oil caps

3P
8 oz chicken
2 C rice

6P
8 oz steak
1 C rice

7P
Train

8P (IMMEDIATELY POSTWORKOUT)
50G Whey

8:20P
2 scoops Massport (by infinite labs)

10P
8 egg whites
1 C oats

12P
ZMA

Other supps include
Kidney caps
Milk thistle
Fish oil
Liquid Mulit vit/min
Vit C
Glucosamine/Chondroitin
ZMA
Whey
Massport by infinite labs

H2O is around 1 gallon/day

Notice there aren't any veges? The veges are optional. Usually I don't have room, but I haven't been very constipated so Im thinking Im good. They will get added in as we get closer. What am I forgetting?

G

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOW. This looks great. Sorry I have nothing to add, just had to comment. MAy have to try this.

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
WOW. This looks great. Sorry I have nothing to add, just had to comment. MAy have to try this.
Thanks for the comment. So far it's working great! My coach has me eating a good variety of food.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Wow thats alot of eggs. Not to mention food overall. I bet its a very expensive diet. just the eggs steak and chicken.. times that by 7 days a week. wow. I'd love to be on this strict of a diet but I'm not sure if I could afford it lol.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
You put on 12 pounds of muscle in 4 weeks? Where did you list the anabolics? Its a decent diet but I can't believe the gains.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea no vegetables or fruit, i guess huge is more important than healthy

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
haha the worlds becoming a sad place

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
this diet is so basic, you dont have to be a BB pro to design it. who still eats eggwhites instead of 8 whole eggs especially when in bulk? 6 grams of amazing fat per yolk! yolk contains vitamin A, BCAAs, anabolic arachidonic acid, not to mention cholesterol which converts directly into testosterone.

theres not that much fat in this diet at all. instead its all protein, straining the liver and kidneys. you can get so many more calories (9 per gram) by eating fats. steak is good but theres a whole lot of omega 6 in grain fed beef so you wanna also eat fish to balance the 3 to 6 ratio a little bit. eat more animal fat, saturated fat.

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
yea no vegetables or fruit, i guess huge is more important than healthy

Vegetables rotate in around 2-3 weeks in lue of some of the carbs. Watch for the updates. Now micro's come from liquid vitamins twice/day.

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
this diet is so basic, you dont have to be a BB pro to design it. who still eats eggwhites instead of 8 whole eggs especially when in bulk? 6 grams of amazing fat per yolk! yolk contains vitamin A, BCAAs, anabolic arachidonic acid, not to mention cholesterol which converts directly into testosterone.

theres not that much fat in this diet at all. instead its all protein, straining the liver and kidneys. you can get so many more calories (9 per gram) by eating fats. steak is good but theres a whole lot of omega 6 in grain fed beef so you wanna also eat fish to balance the 3 to 6 ratio a little bit. eat more animal fat, saturated fat.
False. There is over 150g fat/day in this diet. Please note fish oils are being supplement now until we replace the steak with fish around 8-10 weeks out. The purpose of the thread was informational, not so much a solicitation of feedback, but thanks for the .02

As you mentioned, the diet is extremely basic. That's the point. There is nothing crazy about this diet. It's a fair variety of foods that have fueled growth and strength gains. This diet has allowed me to maintain 5% bf. I used to blow up to 270lbs eating tons of crap, but that does no good. It's just that much more weight to lose, and that much more taxing on the body.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Here's what I say, if thats really you in your sig.. lol.. then by all means apparently w/e your doing its working.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This diet was designed by an IFBB pro. I am 12 weeks as Im writing this, but my diet is the same as it was 4 weeks ago when I started this. Current stats are 6' 230lbs 5% bf. I was about 215lbs 4% when I started this diet 4 weeks ago.

7A
4 egg whites
4 whole eggs
1 C oatmeal
1 T regular jelly
Fish oil caps

10A
8 oz steak
12 oz potato

1P
50g whey
1 apple
Fish oil caps

3P
8 oz chicken
2 C rice

6P
8 oz steak
1 C rice

7P
Train

50G Whey

10P
8 egg whites
1 C oats

12P
ZMA

Other supps include
Kidney caps
Milk thistle
Fish oil
Liquid Mulit vit/min
Vit C
Glucosamine/Chondroitin
ZMA
Whey

Notice there aren't any veges? The veges are optional. Usually I don't have room, but I haven't been very constipated so Im thinking Im good. They will get added in as we get closer. What am I forgetting?

G
came off a contest rebound?

enoc09

Awards
bingo antonG42O, i am reading his book and this diet is so close to what he stated in the book. still, I will being checking in to see what i can learn from your experience

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
That actually looks decently affordable too....depending on steak sales, chicken is cheap, eggs are cheap, etc,etc

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a biochemist so i dont know how exactly it works. I do know though that testosterone is derived from cholesterol.

the point is to embrace and not fear the whole egg.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a biochemist so i dont know how exactly it works. I do know though that testosterone is derived from cholesterol.
You are correct; testosterone and all other steroidal hormones are derived from cholesterol. Now if only cholesterol was directly converted into testosterone... It would be a wonderful world. I am sorry if I came across as rude, I just wanted to make sure there was no misinformation being spread.
Words of wisdom right here

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
Here's what I say, if thats really you in your sig.. lol.. then by all means apparently w/e your doing its working.
That is Dorian Yates, 3 weeks out from the 92 or 93 Olympia.

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards

I agree completely. The incredible edible egg, right?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep us posted on your prep, this is quite interesting to read. I take it even though you are incorporating a decent amount of carbs the total amount you take in is pretty low for your body size or are the anabolics helping keep the fat gain to a minimum. From my experience if I throw that much carbs into my diet I will get soft and more than likely get fat gain.

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
Keep us posted on your prep, this is quite interesting to read. I take it even though you are incorporating a decent amount of carbs the total amount you take in is pretty low for your body size or are the anabolics helping keep the fat gain to a minimum. From my experience if I throw that much carbs into my diet I will get soft and more than likely get fat gain.
''

5 weeks of this diet and I have gone from 4-5% bodyfat. The GH would probably be the main contributor to keeping my skin tight.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established

come on man, where do you get this? this is a fallacy. Excess protein is either converted to glucose or stored as fat

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
hmm interesting, certaintly more carbs then i thought, i always belived it was all about brown rice with the pro's yet i see whole wheat....? hmm interesting. im am excited to see this end, PLEASE POST ANY AND ALL ADJUSTMENTS TO THE DIET U MAKE AND MAKE TONS OF NOTES! even though IMO i dont agree with some of the things, it is still EXTREMELY important to have this input! so REPS TO YOU!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
come on man, where do you get this? this is a fallacy. Excess protein is either converted to glucose or stored as fat
ok true, but it does have to be processed doesnt it? this may be extreme but people with failing kidneys or liver failure have to be placed on low protein diets in order to survive. the protein breakdown products build up and cause a hepatic coma in those patients. not saying any of this relates to us but you have to admit, long term effects of 400g+ of protein a day havent been evaluated. i eat a sh#t ton myself but i try to get more fat than protein. for some reason people avoid eating whole eggs and only stick to lean meats. i believe thats an overload. then again i didnt go to school for this so please shed the light

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
ok true, but it does have to be processed doesnt it? this may be extreme but people with failing kidneys or liver failure have to be placed on low protein diets in order to survive. the protein breakdown products build up and cause a hepatic coma in those patients. not saying any of this relates to us but you have to admit, long term effects of 400g+ of protein a day havent been evaluated. i eat a sh#t ton myself but i try to get more fat than protein. for some reason people avoid eating whole eggs and only stick to lean meats. i believe thats an overload. then again i didnt go to school for this so please shed the light
its broken down into amino acids by the enzyme protease, in the stomach. No whole proteins make it to either organ. I think you are right regarding those with preexisting kidney and liver disease.

these two excerpts are from an electronic version of nutrition and metabolism journal:

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/2/1/25

Athletes, particularly in sports requiring strength and power, consume high levels of dietary protein [89,90]. In fact, many athletes habitually consume protein in excess of 2.0 g/kg/day [91]. Supplementation with amino acids will further increase dietary protein levels in these individuals [92]. Yet there is no evidence that this population is at greater risk for kidney disease or losses in renal function [90]. Poortsmans and Dellalieux [93] found that protein intakes in the range of ~1.4–1.9 g/kg/day or 170–243% of the recommended dietary allowance did not impair renal function in a group of 37 athletes. We found no data in the scientific literature to link high protein intakes to increased risk for impaired kidney function in healthy, physically active men and women.

Observational data from epidemiological studies provide evidence that dietary protein intake may be related to the progression of renal disease [52]. In the Nurses' Health Study, protein intake, assessed with a semi-quantitative food frequency questionnaire, was compared to the change in estimated GFR over an 11-year span in individuals with pre-existing renal disease [53]. Regression analysis showed an association between increased consumption of animal protein and a decline in renal function suggesting that high total protein intake may accelerate renal disease leading to a progressive loss of renal capacity. However, no association between protein intake and change in GFR was found in a different cohort of 1,135 women with normal renal function (Figure 1.). The latter finding led the authors to conclude that there were no adverse effects of high protein intakes on kidney function in healthy women with normal renal status.

i totally agree with you on the whole egg idea. Never done egg whites myself. Reps for that. In all my studies, including first hand assurrance from a pathologist, ive found that consuming cholesterol and sat. fat does not necessarily increase VLDL's... its all dependent on liver function and genetics as to what type of fat particles are packaged by the liver and transported in the blood.

To quote my A&P professor: "Why do you think these farmers can wake up every morning and eat 4 or 5 whole eggs and still live to be 80 or 90 with no triglyceride issues?"

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
hmm interesting, certaintly more carbs then i thought, i always belived it was all about brown rice with the pro's yet i see whole wheat....? hmm interesting. im am excited to see this end, PLEASE POST ANY AND ALL ADJUSTMENTS TO THE DIET U MAKE AND MAKE TONS OF NOTES! even though IMO i dont agree with some of the things, it is still EXTREMELY important to have this input! so REPS TO YOU!
As the show drew nearer, the following was switched...

1)2 whole eggs, then 1 whole egg
10 egg whites
1 C oats

Red meat eliminated at 6 weeks out.

Every two to three weeks we would carb deplete using the following diet for a MAXIMUM of 5 days:

1) 8oz chicken
1 C oatmeal

2) 8oz chicken
4oz green veges

3) Same

4) Same

5) 8oz tilapia
4oz green veges

6) Same

7) Same

This tactic is what worked for me, with a third eye being an IFBB pro. This is not a cookie cutter diet that anyone can or should use. It's just what I did.

FubarFit

Awards
How come I thought the body didnt process fat as easily and it slowed everything down? I enjoyed reading all this though and I like the incredible edible egg bit lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How come I thought the body didnt process fat as easily and it slowed everything down? I enjoyed reading all this though and I like the incredible edible egg bit lol

Anton and I both adhere to Primal/Paleo diets where there are no grains, legumes, or soy. Most of the calories in these diets come from fats (usually eggs, EVCO, nuts, etc.) with the only carb sources being fruits, veggies, and the occasional red potato.

As the show drew nearer, the following was switched...

1)2 whole eggs, then 1 whole egg
10 egg whites
1 C oats

Red meat eliminated at 6 weeks out.

Every two to three weeks we would carb deplete using the following diet for a MAXIMUM of 5 days:

1) 8oz chicken
1 C oatmeal

2) 8oz chicken
4oz green veges

3) Same

4) Same

5) 8oz tilapia
4oz green veges

6) Same

7) Same

This tactic is what worked for me, with a third eye being an IFBB pro. This is not a cookie cutter diet that anyone can or should use. It's just what I did.
That seems insanely low on fats. How long does this phase usually last?

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
Wow... Interested in seeing how this pans out. I never got the egg white thing either.

FubarFit

Awards
Anton and I both adhere to Primal/Paleo diets where there are no grains, legumes, or soy. Most of the calories in these diets come from fats (usually eggs, EVCO, nuts, etc.) with the only carb sources being fruits, veggies, and the occasional red potato.

Hey so how many calories do you get in a day. I try to eat balanced 300/200/100. so thats not even 3000 i get my fat from almonds, peanut butter or walnuts probably in meat because I eat a lot of meat but try to keep it lean

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards

Just a depletion phase. NO more than 5 days max.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
frikken LOVE IT!! Looks kickass 110% to me. Especially if you were starting out at 4% bodyfat, sounds like the guy is trying to build you back up and then bring you right back down again and time it just right. You guys would be amazed at how basic a lot of the diets are the pro guys do. Keep things simple, thats the secret. Everyone always tries to overcomplicate stuff!! I had an IFBB pro do my diet once, and the funniest thing was nothing really changed that much the entire 14 wk diet. Like where I used to think every few wks I had to eat less and less carbs or change things, this guy kept things the same and smooth and steady

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
Hey so how many calories do you get in a day. I try to eat balanced 300/200/100. so thats not even 3000 i get my fat from almonds, peanut butter or walnuts probably in meat because I eat a lot of meat but try to keep it lean
How much do you weigh? That diet should allow a 200lb person of reasonable bf% to maintain a decent amount of muscle?

New diet tba. Been on it for 2 weeks, but IDK if the person helping me wants me to post it.

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
frikken LOVE IT!! Looks kickass 110% to me. Especially if you were starting out at 4% bodyfat, sounds like the guy is trying to build you back up and then bring you right back down again and time it just right. You guys would be amazed at how basic a lot of the diets are the pro guys do. Keep things simple, thats the secret. Everyone always tries to overcomplicate stuff!! I had an IFBB pro do my diet once, and the funniest thing was nothing really changed that much the entire 14 wk diet. Like where I used to think every few wks I had to eat less and less carbs or change things, this guy kept things the same and smooth and steady
Bro, are you in Cali? Nice back shot bro.

Sklander

Sklander

Awards
  • Established
monster diet, bro. Love the simplicity.

this reminds me of how arnold outlined a "get big diet" in his book. It had a lot of steak and eggs and just basic fat, carb, protein. Get your micros from diff stuff you put into a shake during the day or right before bed. Spinach based shakes have done me wonders... always having energy... you can put anything in a shake.

Anyway, fu*kin man diet. love it.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

7A
4 egg whites
4 whole eggs
1 C oatmeal
1 T regular jelly
Fish oil caps

10A
8 oz steak
12 oz potato

1P
50g whey
1 apple
Fish oil caps

3P
8 oz chicken
2 C rice

6P
8 oz steak
1 C rice

7P
Train

50G Whey

10P
8 egg whites
1 C oats

12P
ZMA

Other supps include
Kidney caps
Milk thistle
Fish oil
Liquid Mulit vit/min
Vit C
Glucosamine/Chondroitin
ZMA
Whey

G
You are forgetting to ask for a refund.....

The jelly was a nice touch...

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
You are forgetting to ask for a refund.....

The jelly was a nice touch...
The guy who helped me was local, who I have known for many years. He didn't really charge me that much. Not to mention, I was very happy with the results. Good assumption though.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
OP, sounds like you are a pro bodybuilder or upcoming amateur, keeping bf that low is very impressive, could you maybe post what your trainer or the other pros you now run for cycles, I am just interested what some of these guys run

Now you don't need to say what you do, that is fine, but I would love to hear what maybe gets recommended?

Any insight would be awesome, and if you are natty, well then that is awesome too!!!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you see his pics? he isnt natty lol

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
OP, sounds like you are a pro bodybuilder or upcoming amateur, keeping bf that low is very impressive, could you maybe post what your trainer or the other pros you now run for cycles, I am just interested what some of these guys run

Now you don't need to say what you do, that is fine, but I would love to hear what maybe gets recommended?

Any insight would be awesome, and if you are natty, well then that is awesome too!!!
That'll cost you...jk.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/156915-ifbb-pro-designed.html

That's what was recommended for me. Unfortunately, I cant say what different pro's use. I never wanted to come across being disrespectful by asking.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i wanna see the pics! (nohomo) all i see is the dorian yates avatar

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
oh damn yeah dude your a beast