FDA Says Walnuts Are Illegal Drugs - AnabolicMinds.com

FDA Says Walnuts Are Illegal Drugs

  1. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122079

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    FDA Says Walnuts Are Illegal Drugs


    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?



  2. Senior Member
    WarcraftJJS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    93587

    Reputation Reputation

    Crap I better hide my walnuts!! The man is coming for me soon. HAHA. Hope I don't get fired for having Illegal Drugs in my desk at work.

    And what about the kids OHHH the kids they will be hooked on this bad stuff for years!!! What is this world coming to. The kids can't even have a snack before the FDA makes it Illegal.

    By the way I'm also going to go into the Illegal busness of Walnuts. I'm going to be rich soon.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  3. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11113

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftJJS View Post
    By the way I'm also going to go into the Illegal busness of Walnuts. I'm going to be rich soon.
    source please?

    It's ok, I've got a 'script
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,253
    Rep Power
    3298

    Reputation

    Woah it's ridiculous that the FDA is in bed with all the big name food distributors that contribute to America's heart diseas as well as to the pharmaceutical companies.... SAD world we live in isn't it?
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  5. Senior Member
    WarcraftJJS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    93587

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    source please?

    It's ok, I've got a 'script
    I gotta guy for that.

    Just call me the Walnut Mafia.

    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  6. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    The article is little more than silly, angry propaganda. This is a mislabeling issue, and not a classification issue.

    In the same way that dietary supplements have regulations for which claims they may make, as per the standards pursuant to (primarily) the FTCA (Federal Trade Commission Act) 5, and the DHSEA (Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act), the food industry is bound by the similar regulations.

    As a result, there are restrictions as to what "health claims" both industries can make with regard to their products, and these restrictions include certain standards of evidence. According to the FDA, who is right in this instance, this particular company was making health claims without a sufficient amount of evidence to validate their specific health claims.

    For reference, here are the allowable health claims for nuts:

    http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComp.../ucm064923.htm
  7. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122079

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    OMG
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  8. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235091

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    The article is little more than silly, angry propaganda. This is a mislabeling issue, and not a classification issue.

    In the same way that dietary supplements have regulations for which claims they may make, as per the standards pursuant to (primarily) the FTCA (Federal Trade Commission Act) 5, and the DHSEA (Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act), the food industry is bound by the similar regulations.

    As a result, there are restrictions as to what "health claims" both industries can make with regard to their products, and these restrictions include certain standards of evidence. According to the FDA, who is right in this instance, this particular company was making health claims without a sufficient amount of evidence to validate their specific health claims.

    For reference, here are the allowable health claims for nuts:

    http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComp.../ucm064923.htm
    Thank god someone posted this. I agree with keeping the government out of supplements, but come on this article is so blatantly twisting the facts to make a point.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  9. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122079

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Thank god someone posted this. I agree with keeping the government out of supplements, but come on this article is so blatantly twisting the facts to make a point.

    Bud you say "keeping the government out of supplements" is good; but what the "company" putting crap in the supplements, underdosed ingredients or maybe put half of the ingredients listed on the label?
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  10. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    Bud you say "keeping the government out of supplements" is good; but what the "company" putting crap in the supplements, underdosed ingredients or maybe put half of the ingredients listed on the label?
    None of that changes that a) the article is blatantly incorrect and b) the company was making specific health claims without meeting the standard of evidence.

    The FTC/FDA differentiate a claim into one of two types: a "structure/function claim" and a "health claim." A "structure/function" claim only makes claim based on the pharmacology of the compound, and does not make any positive claims as to the the health benefits it may have. I can assure you, this is a very fine line. A "health claim" then, obviously makes positive claims as to the health benefits a product may have.

    An example would be:

    "Certain studies suggest but do not prove that in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise 'Compound X' may promote the healthy metabolism of 'other compound p'."

    This is a structure/function claim.

    "Walnuts cure ****!"

    Is a health claim.
  11. Professional Member
    SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,253
    Rep Power
    3298

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    None of that changes that a) the article is blatantly incorrect and b) the company was making specific health claims without meeting the standard of evidence.

    The FTC/FDA differentiate a claim into one of two types: a "structure/function claim" and a "health claim." A "structure/function" claim only makes claim based on the pharmacology of the compound, and does not make any positive claims as to the the health benefits it may have. I can assure you, this is a very fine line. A "health claim" then, obviously makes positive claims as to the health benefits a product may have.

    An example would be:

    "Certain studies suggest but do not prove that in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise 'Compound X' may promote the healthy metabolism of 'other compound p'."

    This is a structure/function claim.

    "Walnuts cure ****!"

    Is a health claim.
    Ah this definitely puts things in perspective....
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  12. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235091

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    Bud you say "keeping the government out of supplements" is good; but what the "company" putting crap in the supplements, underdosed ingredients or maybe put half of the ingredients listed on the label?
    Oh I don't mean it in that way. I am actually for government regulation, but not in the sense of picking and choosing what ingredients can be in the market. I believe the government should enforce accurate labeling, but nothing more.

    Example: I don't think that the government should be able to ban SD. I do believe however that if the label says 10mg/ml of 2a,17 a-dimethyl-5a-androst-3-one-17b-ol then they have the right to enforce that it is 10mg/ml of 2a,17 a-dimethyl-5a-androst-3-one-17b-ol.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  13. Professional Member
    BigBlackGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,919
    Rep Power
    76964

    Reputation Reputation

    Anything to help the pharmaceutical companies continue to make money on medicine that almost always has the side effect of "increased risk of death", right guys?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. i hate Walnuts
    By BoyFromAus in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
  2. Walnuts
    By native in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 12:51 PM
  3. Walnuts: Crack Open a Key to Good Health
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 03:28 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 02:49 PM
  5. Hooked-Illegal Drugs
    By Mulletsoldier in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 04:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in