So we are all officially mental?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.
    Answers

So we are all officially mental?

Choosing healthy foods now called a mental disorder

have a read of the above link-I'm sure many of you will be angered by how retarded some people can be...

Enjoy

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

R O F L. That is the most retarded thing I have ever read in my life. It doesn't even make any sense. It's like saying driving safe is a mental disorder because you want to avoid all the unwanted injury and payments to fix your/other peoples' cars.

3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFury View Post
    R O F L. That is the most retarded thing I have ever read in my life. It doesn't even make any sense. It's like saying driving safe is a mental disorder because you want to avoid all the unwanted injury and payments to fix your/other peoples' cars.
    hahaha

•   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckDB View Post
    Choosing healthy foods now called a mental disorder

have a read of the above link-I'm sure many of you will be angered by how retarded some people can be...

Enjoy
    maybe an insanity defense for murder

BITCH WOULDNT GIVE ME MY GRILLED CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Answers

I'm a former psychology major but I got out of that and jumped into biology.. too unscientific for my liking. While studying as a psych major we went through the DSM's so I know quite a bit about mental disorders.

I will tell you that the article is blown out of proportion. ANY SINGLE mental disorder known to America is put in the DSM 5 (will be released in 2013). It's a diagnostics book for mental disorders. You can NEVER EVER be labeled with any disorder in this book unless it is "impairing your ability to function in society."

So I think there ARE some people that are so health conscious that they cannot live a normal life, they suffer from anxiety and nervousness.

People like us would never be labeled with this disorder trust me. The article implies this for entertainment reading purposes.

6. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Well, you have to read the original article really

The obsession about which foods are "good" and which are "bad" means orthorexics can end up malnourished. Their dietary restrictions commonly cause sufferers to feel proud of their "virtuous" behaviour even if it means that eating becomes so stressful their personal relationships can come under pressure and they become socially isolated.
    Deanne Jade, founder of the National Centre for Eating Disorders, said: "There is a fine line between people who think they are taking care of themselves by manipulating their diet and those who have orthorexia.
    So they recognize that there is a fine line between it, and just taking care of your health. Is salt a necessary part of your diet? Definitely to some extent. And I guess that is a part of this as a disorder that its obsessive behavior, and not necessarily 100% rational.

You know that some organic foods are worse than their non-organic counterparts? To be labeled organic they have to only use certain pesticides and fertilizers that are certified as organic, many of which can cause health problems as bad as non-organic variations, and some of which can harbor salmonella and other bacteria as well.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

can you imagine becoming socially isolated because of wanting to eat healthy. I imagine if someone disconnected themselves from my life because of my eating habits then they really didnt diserve to be in my life in the first place, just tell em late and keep on bout my business

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Answers

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Muscular Dysmorphia yet...

Oh well... interesting find, although IMO the author really tried to sensationalize it.

Whatever. Fat people demanded an excuse to be fat and the psychiatric community provided it.

9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Muscular Dysmorphia yet...

Oh well... interesting find, although IMO the author really tried to sensationalize it.

Whatever. Fat people demanded an excuse to be fat and the psychiatric community provided it.
    Coincedence that fat people are USUALLY VERY lazy> No. Coincedence that Most fat people hate on people who are in shape NO

This is one of the craziest things I have read- the adonis complex is more scientific and logical- this is just bs
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html

10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Coincedence that fat people are USUALLY VERY lazy> No. Coincedence that Most fat people hate on people who are in shape NO
    I thoroughly enjoy the part where my strong sexual desire for in-shape, lean, favorably compositioned females is considered shallow and prejudiced. It is just so unquestionably inconsiderate of me to equate these qualities and genetics which bring about this body composition with the future reproductive success of my progeny.

11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 10bathroomsO View Post
    can you imagine becoming socially isolated because of wanting to eat healthy. I imagine if someone disconnected themselves from my life because of my eating habits then they really didnt diserve to be in my life in the first place, just tell em late and keep on bout my business
    Oh, I can and do...and I bet more than one of us here do as well.

Lets see...friends and co-workers rail on me all the time for not eating like they do. Passing on the plate of donuts being passed around. Stacking my plate with meat and veggies, and nothing else. My co-workers don't even bother inviting me out to team lunch anymore. All they do is go to the local pizza place, or worse...its a lost cause, and I won't eat there.

Even my friends and family get in on it. Friends poke fun when we try to find a place to eat, or get pissed at me when I don't eat everything they made for me. Sorry dude...not going to put that in my body. Even my church group has said a few words to me when I pass on the desert.

So yeah...its real, at least for me it is. Its not like I say "oh man, you aren't going to eat THAT are you?" All I do is pass it along, and not put some on my plate.

12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drivehard View Post
    Oh, I can and do...and I bet more than one of us here do as well.

Lets see...friends and co-workers rail on me all the time for not eating like they do. Passing on the plate of donuts being passed around. Stacking my plate with meat and veggies, and nothing else. My co-workers don't even bother inviting me out to team lunch anymore. All they do is go to the local pizza place, or worse...its a lost cause, and I won't eat there.

Even my friends and family get in on it. Friends poke fun when we try to find a place to eat, or get pissed at me when I don't eat everything they made for me. Sorry dude...not going to put that in my body. Even my church group has said a few words to me when I pass on the desert.

So yeah...its real, at least for me it is. Its not like I say "oh man, you aren't going to eat THAT are you?" All I do is pass it along, and not put some on my plate.
    feel your pain bro, i'm in the exact same situations all the time, especially at work. i almost feel embarrassed at times, but then i realize they are the ones who should be embarrassed. anytime someone says something, i just say something to the effect of "i'll eat my way, you eat your way."

13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Answers

I was already diagnosed as mental, but this is too much for even a crazy person

WTF, wanting to be healthy is mental now huh? Great now they are gona ban apples.

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Answers

lol

15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

to the thread title.

yes, we are all mental.

•