1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

preworkout nutrition/shake question

Hey guys quick question......... I usually wake up and eat a big breakfast then wait about 2 hours to hit the gym, would u say that this is okay or shoudl i add in a shake with sum fruit or oats right before? My thing is i dont really want to wait for that to digest to go to the gym, and if jsut having hte big breakfast then waiaitng the 2 hours then going to the gym would be fine. What do you guys do, how long do u wait between a meal or how long do u wait before having a pre workou shake and then waiting to work out?

Hope thats not too confusing lol, thanks guys

2. purebred

Continue as you were. Pre-workout shake < Whole Food Meal (Protein/Carbs)

K.I.S.S.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.5%

yea i was just wondering if i should then have a shake before i workout even though i just ate a big breakfast like 2 hours before
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

You're 125 pounds man? You need to eat and eat as much as you can handle.

Eat a breakfast, have a preworkout shake your stomach can handle before you work out.

Then finish up with eatting all day long.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.5%

i been lol..... up to 130 if thats anything lol still need some help
  6. purebred

Save your "pre-workout shake" for post-workout (when you actually need it). If you're eating a solid meal pre-workout you'll be quite alright. 1.5 scoops whey protein isolate and some pulverized oatmeal in your shake with milk and you're good to go.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.5%

i usually drink a shake with about 25 g hydrowhey , like 5 g casein and 35-40 g glycomaize then eat a big meal bout 1.25-1.5 hours later hows that? ia ctually drink sum of the shakeduring the w/o cuz i work out pretty long anywhere from 1.75-2 hours usually done witht he shake round the 1.5 hour mark then go home and eat asap
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.88%

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    Hey guys quick question......... I usually wake up and eat a big breakfast then wait about 2 hours to hit the gym, would u say that this is okay or shoudl i add in a shake with sum fruit or oats right before? My thing is i dont really want to wait for that to digest to go to the gym, and if jsut having hte big breakfast then waiaitng the 2 hours then going to the gym would be fine. What do you guys do, how long do u wait between a meal or how long do u wait before having a pre workou shake and then waiting to work out?

Hope thats not too confusing lol, thanks guys
    I go to the gym one to one and a half hour after eating a decent size breakfast. Breakfast usually consist of 1C of Oats, 1/2C blueberries, 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs.

After the gym I slam a protein shake and eat within one hour later.

My advice to you is, stick with your breakfast and hit the gym a bit sooner. Whole foods is where its happening, don't get caught up with to many shakes. Shakes are good, but remember they are for supplementation and convenience.
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Well, I hear you say big meal, but at even 130lbs I'm not thinking its all that big....

I train fasted first thing in the morning. Makes deadlifts and squats more entertaining.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.88%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Well, I hear you say big meal, but at even 130lbs I'm not thinking its all that big....

I train fasted first thing in the morning. Makes deadlifts and squats more entertaining.
    I've tried it and hate it. Some live by it.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.5%

squats and deads fasted...damn thats gotta be rough......... also cant see that being great for muscle.

My breakfast is usually 4 eggs 2 whole 6 oz milk 3/4 cup oats 1/4 cup berries chopped veggis and ham in the eggs......id have to say thats a pretty big breakfast but i may try getting to the gym sooner, just not tomrrow, leg day, dont wanna be throwin up haha
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.88%

squats and deads fasted...damn thats gotta be rough......... also cant see that being great for muscle.

My breakfast is usually 4 eggs 2 whole 6 oz milk 3/4 cup oats 1/4 cup berries chopped veggis and ham in the eggs......id have to say thats a pretty big breakfast but i may try getting to the gym sooner, just not tomrrow, leg day, dont wanna be throwin up haha
    Give it a try and see how you feel. I'm usually ok with an hour.
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

did deadlifts for 315 today like that. its hard, but better for fat loss. Overall for muscle growth its not a huge difference though, so long as you get good nutrition after. Plus it allows for (oddly) better protein uptake if you have a relatively high gi carb meal after. Thats where all those post workout drinks science comes from, a few studies that were done showing higher protein uptake with simpler carbs postworkout, but the studies were all fasted workouts (which of course the post workout drink companies sort of neglect to mention)
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.5%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    did deadlifts for 315 today like that. its hard, but better for fat loss. Overall for muscle growth its not a huge difference though, so long as you get good nutrition after. Plus it allows for (oddly) better protein uptake if you have a relatively high gi carb meal after. Thats where all those post workout drinks science comes from, a few studies that were done showing higher protein uptake with simpler carbs postworkout, but the studies were all fasted workouts (which of course the post workout drink companies sort of neglect to mention)

wow.....interesting, if it aint hurtin ya then all the pros to ya bro, thats hardcore i know i couldn't workout hungry unless im super jacked up on jacked or white flood or asgt (my pre w/o's) lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. nutrition and pwo shake question
    By bi0hazurd in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 11:54 AM
  2. FUELD by Velocity Nutrition...healthy preworkout??
    By jrwoytanowski in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 01:10 PM
  3. Preworkout Question
    By MMAsss in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 02:43 AM
  4. preworkout dosage question....
    By rolandajoint in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 01:28 AM