SHOULD I DRINK MILK?

xxjoker122

Awards
im trying to find a way to add some extra calories to my diet and alot of people say to drink milk, is it good for me, when should i take it, and if so what meals should i drink it with just wanted to see what you people said thanks for the help (=====

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love milk. I drink like 2 gallons a week.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
with every meal, and extra in your shakes.

Cyplex

Awards
first off I love the taste of milk but I always considered it to be a dead food to the point your body cannot break it down and be able to absorb the vitamins and minerals contained in milk.

I always found it odd that The USA has the highest consumption of milk and the highest rate of osteoporosis.

brownchoclit

brownchoclit

Awards
go for it bro...i drink about 750ml's of skim milk a day :)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
first off I love the taste of milk but I always considered it to be a dead food to the point your body cannot break it down and be able to absorb the vitamins and minerals contained in milk.
Wait, what? So should we even use whey protein? If you've got an article or something I'm more than curious.

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Genetics plays a large role in determining how we can utilize milk. Most of us of Northern European descent can break it down and use it.

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
I use milk when I need to up my calories. Go for it!

xxjoker122

Awards
im asking cas im about to run a halotest cycle and was wondering if it would be good cas it keeps your body in a anbolic state?

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
im trying to find a way to add some extra calories to my diet and alot of people say to drink milk, is it good for me, when should i take it, and if so what meals should i drink it with just wanted to see what you people said thanks for the help (=====
yes you should drink milk.

yes it is good for you

you should drink it throughout your day with every meal if you want to/can

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established

I always found it odd that The USA has the highest consumption of milk and the highest rate of osteoporosis.
Do you have anything to back up that claim by chance?

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I personally drink milk when extra calories are needed to add weight. At this point in time I cutting calories and trying to reduce some weight. Letting go of milk for a while has helped reduce my midsection.

Yes, if you are trying to add extra calories and build more muscle drink milk.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea like everyone said if you want extra calories.. whole milk will give you lots of fats, carbs, and proteins, and calories. Drink it as much as you can if bulking. Milk is also 87% water so don't worry about drinking tons of water with the milk you will still get hydrated.

If you are cutting skim milk is a good choice for that extra protein with low calories, and fats, but be careful--still has lots of carbs so moderation, even of skim milk when cutting.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
...it has a butt-load of sugar too.
Approximately 12-13 grams of lactose to 8 fluid oz.

So it would depend on what your specific definition of "butt-load" would be.

I for one am all for milk, unless it makes you gassy. Then stay the hell away from me.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Anyone remember that milk commercial? "What goes with pie, milk, milk, milk, what goes with beans....?"

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
Yea like everyone said if you want extra calories.. whole milk will give you lots of fats, carbs, and proteins, and calories. Drink it as much as you can if bulking. Milk is also 87% water so don't worry about drinking tons of water with the milk you will still get hydrated.

If you are cutting skim milk is a good choice for that extra protein with low calories, and fats, but be careful--still has lots of carbs so moderation, even of skim milk when cutting.
i prefer the borden "hi protein" milk. it's got more protein and less fat that whole milk, and tastes richer IMO.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i prefer the borden "hi protein" milk. it's got more protein and less fat that whole milk, and tastes richer IMO.
Never heard of it. How much more protein? and how much more cost lol?

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of it. How much more protein? and how much more cost lol?
Not everywhere I shop has it but walmart always seems to keep it in stock. It's got 5g fat and 10g of protein per cup while whole milk has 8g fat and 7g of protein I think. On the other hand...it does cost like $5 a gallon but tasts SOOOO GOOOOD! especially with oreo's :lol:

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not everywhere I shop has it but walmart always seems to keep it in stock. It's got 5g fat and 10g of protein per cup while whole milk has 8g fat and 7g of protein I think. On the other hand...it does cost like $5 a gallon but tasts SOOOO GOOOOD! especially with oreo's :lol:
Those nutrition facts are pretty damn good for milk. I will take your word for the taste and try it........with.....the oreo's! :lol:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Why would you not drink milk...its like nectar of the God's

Pretty sure you could sustain your body indefinitely on milk if you had to.

I drink 16oz per meal, and 16oz in each shake I have.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
milk from a cow is the worst thing u can drink...drink rice or almond milk

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im asking cas im about to run a halotest cycle and was wondering if it would be good cas it keeps your body in a anbolic state?
In line with this question here I strongly advise you to refrain from using steroids. Drink the milk, don't take the halotest...please.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
i prefer almond milk as well, if i need extra cals i do a spoon of PB or some extra lean meat or something like that, not hard to add extra cals in other ways that doesnt have like 12g sugar..

KingLouisXXIV

Awards
Not at all... There is a lot of bro-science out there which hypes milk up as bad for one's hormones.

Well, the only concern anyone could have with cow's milk is the growth hormones used on cows. And this will not even noticeably harm you-- mainly its a "theoretical" harm.

And if you're worried about growth hormones in milk? Buy organic...

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
i drink a gal of whole every other day i startd doing this when i learnd about the 20 rep squat routine were on your squat days u drink a gal of whole milk and i gaind like 15 lbs in two months. 1 gallon has like 2500 cals so it really helps get extra

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In line with this question here I strongly advise you to refrain from using steroids. Drink the milk, don't take the halotest...please.

Totally agree with dropping the halo.

And milk is a great addition, just look around for a brand that suites your needs. For instance I have found a brand my local grocer provides that has half the sugar and twice the protein of regular skim milk and is also hormone free.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I drink a gallon of whole milk daily and will be doing that until the end of summer!

Acesopro

Awards
I drink about 16oz of milk a day. 8 oz with one meal and then 8oz with my Casein at night.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Well, the only concern anyone could have with cow's milk is the growth hormones used on cows. And this will not even noticeably harm you-- mainly its a "theoretical" harm.
As far as rBGH is concerned I wouldn't even say its "theoretical." Its a peptide hormone. Its not going to get absorbed.

As far as the steroids administered to the animals... it's hard to say. Its hard to quantify how much, if any, are going to survive digestion and first pass hepatic metabolism. I don't doubt the possibility, but its variable on the oral bioavailability of the specific steroid.