Fruits while dieting/carb watching?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
okay so i have a bunch of fruits that i got for free, long story and im cutting and a part of me says no they are bad because of the fructose that they contain but then again another part say they are fruits how bad can they be.

can someone enlighten me, can i eat fruits while dieting not necessarily on keto diet but just watching my carbs, right now my diet consist of mainly chicken, fish (tilapia), and vegetables mainly celery, lettuce, brocoli, cauliflower, and some carrots. that is my basic diet plan, no rice, bread, tortillas, etc all my carbs come from vegetables. i would say my daily carbs are like 50g tops and all from vegetables. i eat like 5 a day one of which is a protein diet with milk, 2 eggs, ice, peanut butter, cinnamon, and protein powder?

so can i eat fruits while cutting?
can i make smoothies out of them? are my vegetables good?
is a cheat day really necessary?
what should my cheat day look like?
should i up my carbs a tad as i plan to use ECA?
how much fat should i eat? protein?
what is best while on this type of diet, cardio or plyometrics(p90x)?
weight training im doing strength training with my buddy and we workout very intense for 3 days(dc training)
should i switch to a higher rep like 8-12? or is stregnth training okay (like 5 reps max)
i have been doing this for a week or so i have maybe dropped 2 lbs or 3

sorry, i know thats a lot of questions and i would really appreciate any input thanks guys

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
anyone?

B

Bacya

Awards
When is the last time youve heard of someone getting fat from too many apples?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When is the last time youve heard of someone getting fat from too many apples?
true, but ive heard that fruits have fructose and other sugars would this be bad

B

Bowhunternp

Awards
I would stay away from tropical fruits (pineapples, etc). They have the most sugars.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Apples n blueberries are good to go. Bananas n pineapple n stuff like that id stay away from unless on a carbup.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You can eat anything as long as you consider the quantity.

Yes you can still eat fruit and lose weight as long as your calorie intake is below maintenance.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what about rasberries and strawberries?
strawberry smoothies and raspberry smoothies?

D

DenDestroys

Awards
Nitrox hit the nail on the head with that post. I eat fruits every meal since working with my trainer and I'm the leanest I've ever been. Your portions and nutrient timing is the most important factor.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Portions, timing, eating whole fruits (so you get the fiber), having the fruit along with high protein solid foods (to slow insulin response), etc.

There are enough health benefits to eating fruits to offset any difference that eating them is as far as insulin response so long as you eat reasonable portions. All things told fat loss is more about calories in vs expenditure than anything specific to carb intake. Actually from personal experience I tend to retain a little less water if my carbs primarily come from whole fruit vs oats + whole grains.