Best Ways To Prevent/Cure a Hangover?!!?!? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 7

Best Ways To Prevent/Cure a Hangover?!!?!?

Page 7 of 8 First ... 25678 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  114 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

Baking soda
    Take two ranitidine OTC medication 20-30 minutes prior drinking. You will never know again what a destroyed stomach is after drinking.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've never had one. Always wanted to know how it feels like.
    DO IT FOR THE "HOLY, SH*T, YOU GOT HOT"...
  3. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Consider yourself lucky. Some of them are debilitating.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post

Consider yourself lucky. Some of them are debilitating.
    I don't believe it when my BFF tells me that she blacks out from drinking. I'm like how do you not remember what you did?!
    DO IT FOR THE "HOLY, SH*T, YOU GOT HOT"...
  5. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't believe it when my BFF tells me that she blacks out from drinking. I'm like how do you not remember what you did?!
    I have blacked out a couple times in my younger years, its no fun and for me it hit before i knew it.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I have blacked out a couple times in my younger years, its no fun and for me it hit before i knew it.
    A few times??? I used to black out A LOT! I was a wild cat tho lol! Real wild! I called blacking out time traveling hahaha
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Some people I know, mainly friends from college, thought of a hangover as a badge of honor. I never shared that perspective. Some still hold it.

One thing to consider is Mango. Mango has an enzyme acetylaldehyde dehydrogenase. Acetylaldehyde is what really wacks us out from drinking and mango supplies us with additional enzyme to flush it out. Consider L-glutamine as well. During drunken sleep the body halts products of glutamine, the most abundant AA in the body. Although be cautious glutamine at that point can act like a stimulant hence why some people get shakey from rebound.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  8. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post

Some people I know, mainly friends from college, thought of a hangover as a badge of honor. I never shared that perspective. Some still hold it.

One thing to consider is Mango. Mango has an enzyme acetylaldehyde dehydrogenase. Acetylaldehyde is what really wacks us out from drinking and mango supplies us with additional enzyme to flush it out. Consider L-glutamine as well. During drunken sleep the body halts products of glutamine, the most abundant AA in the body. Although be cautious glutamine at that point can act like a stimulant hence why some people get shakey from rebound.
    Is their any other food or supplement that has a acetylaldehyde dehydrogenase ?
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    Is their any other food or supplement that has a acetylaldehyde dehydrogenase ?
    i know the polyphenols in green tea have been shown to break it down. The best I can tell you is search the web.
    If you ever wondered why asians are "allergic" to alcohol or get the "asian flush" it's because they are genetically deficient in this enzyme.

Oh, this is a nice simply stated summary of the whole to-do http://science.howstuffworks.com/lif.../hangover4.htm
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  10. Senior Member

Best way to cure a hangover is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a Gatorade. That really gets your body in the right place fast. I love this combo does really well for me.
  11. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Best way to cure a hangover is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a Gatorade. That really gets your body in the right place fast. I love this combo does really well for me.
    I feel like I be worse cuz of the sugar but its worth a try!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Same for me but I switch out the gatorade for a vitamin water, grape revive flavor. Works every time
  13. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

What are some good mixers for preventing hangovers? So far ive got coconut water and Gatorade
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post

Apparently, specifically mango peel?

http://www.ergo-log.com/mangotime.html
  15. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by blacklac View Post

Apparently, specifically mango peel?

http://www.ergo-log.com/mangotime.html
    Do you know if anyone sells mango peel extract as a supplement?
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

A nice fat joint and a Gatorade followed by a PR smashing training session, for some strange reason ally best lifts have been done following a night of moderately excessive drinking
    The Swole Stoner
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Honestly, some hangovers you just can't cure and have to weather out. What helps me:

Staying up later as people suggested to eat and drink
    Tons of greasy or carb filled food before bed (waffles house omelets and waffles, your local late night eateries, pizza)
    Pedialyte with no flavor so no extra sugar. Pound this before bed and the next day
    Lots of water before bed
    2 Emergen c's before bed
    Wake up and eat the biggest breakfast possible before hangover kicks in
    Get moving around and active. I used to do horrific squat workouts on Sundays after Saturday benders with my buddy. We would go partially still drunk before we got too hungover and kill a workout. Always helped and we always were strong as **** for some reason
    Activated Charcoal

This is coming from somebody with extremely wild party habits and plenty of hangover experience
  18. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

What alcohols/spirits/liquors/liqueur would you guys suggest to decrease odds of a hangover?
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Party smart pills
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Dont drink
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  21. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by liftandeat View Post
    Party smart pills
    Have you tried these?
  22. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Have you tried these?
    Bump
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sprite
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

A small glass of orange juice and a teaspoon of salt. Replenishes the electrolytes from peeing frequently and only (maybe) drinking water to rehydrate.
    BOARD TYRANT
  25. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Might start to drink milk or heavy cream before I start drinking to coat my stomach.

The next day stomach pains seem to bug me the most
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  232 lbs.

This works, I am telling you!!

Before bed, drink 32oz of water and a food based multivitamin. You will feel gucci in the morning
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

I truly appreciate the answers like "don't drink" and stuff like that... Sometimes it just happens, sometimes you may not even have been that drunk the night before and it happens. I have missed sleep after drinking lightly and then feel like hell the next day.

It's like if someone were to come over and ask "Ok, so I hurt my shoulder lifting the other day, what would help me with that?" "You know what would prevent you from getting hurt in the first place? Not lifting. Don't lift."

Aside from people who are competing and whatnot, I don't understand why the frown on people who drink, seriously. Fine, you may enjoy life with being fully healthy and not drinking, but some people think that the extremes that some bodybuilders go through is ridiculous, just as some bb think that drinking is ridiculous. To each its own, why judge someone else's lifestyle?

To answer the question;

-BCAAs
    -Water, lots of water before bed
    -Multi Vitamin (as usually hangover is a lack of some of the vital vitamins)
    -Fat full before bed meal.

I usually drink coconut milk, protein and bcaa before bed, take a multi and sleep like a baby to wake up pretty darn well even after some heavy drinking. I usually try to add some coconut oil or olive oil in that shake as well.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  28. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    I truly appreciate the answers like "don't think" and stuff like that... Sometimes it just happens, sometimes you may not even have been that drunk the night before and it happens. I have missed sleep after drinking lightly and then feel like hell the next day.

It's like if someone were to come over and ask "Ok, so I hurt my shoulder lifting the other day, what would help me with that?" "You know what would prevent you from getting hurt in the first place? Not lifting. Don't lift."

Aside from people who are competing and whatnot, I don't understand why the frown on people who drink, seriously. Fine, you may enjoy life with being fully healthy and not drinking, but some people think that the extremes that some bodybuilders go through is ridiculous, just as some bb think that drinking is ridiculous. To each its own, why judge someone else's lifestyle?

To answer the question;

-BCAAs
    -Water, lots of water before bed
    -Multi Vitamin (as usually hangover is a lack of some of the vital vitamins)
    -Fat full before bed meal.

I usually drink coconut milk, protein and bcaa before bed, take a multi and sleep like a baby to wake up pretty darn well even after some heavy drinking. I usually try to add some coconut oil or olive oil in that shake as well.
    Do you take anything before or after drinking?
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Do you take anything before or after drinking?
    Nothing in particular before, but I always make sure to have something after; usually coconut milk with whey protein and bcaas.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  30. New Member

This is what works for me

First thing after waking up from a night out

1 banana
    Multivitamin
    Coconut water
    Poweraid zero
    Saltine crackers
    Greens supplement
    Tylenol

Eat/drink and return to bed

Wake up

Chicken burrito with everything

Head to the gym and sit in the sauna then do some light cardio if I'm not feeling pukey
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

A gallon of water over the couple hours before drinking, drinking vodka/water/lemon. Or scotch and soda. But never mix with any sugary mixer like coke or lemonade or cranberry or tonic.

And a benadryl to prevent the wake up caused by adrenaline spike when the alcohol is finished being processed. But I can't remember the last time I drank so much I was hungover. Or perhaps my methods work...
  32. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Has anyone ever gotten drunk in a hot tub before?
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

My hangover cure is alkastzer, gatorade, and some form of caffeine... It has definitely helped me get through some ****ty hangovers.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Yes very
    The Swole Stoner
  35. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post

Yes very
    Did u get drunk faster from the heat or did you sober up quicker from your metabolism? How was the hangover?
  36. New Member

Yes. Not sure why, maybe because of dehydration caused by the heat. That's my guess
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20708681/

Acetyl-l-carnitine. Surprised this wasn't mentioned earlier. Should take the headache aspect down a notch
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

pediasure for hangovers works like a charm!
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

39. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Wocheezy View Post
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20708681/

Acetyl-l-carnitine. Surprised this wasn't mentioned earlier. Should take the headache aspect down a notch
    Interesting. What dose would you take? Also would you take with alcohol or before drinking all together?
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  171 lbs.

I've heard Chaser is great for preventing hangovers the next day.

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Hangover
    By bigpapa in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 05:54 PM
  2. How To Cure A Hangover
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 04:12 PM
  3. Hormonal ways to prevent excess body hair?
    By Flay in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 08:52 PM
  4. Hangover B Gone
    By TruffleShuffle in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 07:06 AM
  5. hangover help
    By sreed11 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 09:33 AM