Best Ways To Prevent/Cure a Hangover?!!?!?

Page 10 of 13 First ... 89101112 ... Last

  1. and gatorade!
    •   
       


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    I need to know what are some of the best ways to prevent a Hangover. I hate the headaches, body aches, nausea, stomach pains, etc... all around feeling of a hangover. I'm planning on doing a trip over the summer for a couple of days and odds are that i am going to be drinking a couple of days in a row, so a hangover is the last thing i need. WHat is the fastest way i can recuperate from a hangover? Are their any supplements/vitamins/drinks/foods/etc.. i can take to prevent/cure a hangover? All tips/tricks would be greatly appeciated!
    Another beer.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Mind View Post
    New Year's Day Hangover Cure (tested and works)

    1 x 16oz can unsweetened coconut water
    1 x 8oz cup of yerba mate (this was in a tea bag, which I strongly dislike)
    1 x Kale Protein Shake (1/2 cucumber, lots of kale, almond milk, ginger, protein)
    1 x 10mg astaxanthin softgel (also contains some vitamin E) - Protocol for Life brand
    3 x Pure Encapsulations Athletic Nutrients capsules

    Worked very well and I drank at least 14 oz of whiskey on NY, although it was after a meal of legendary proportions.

    I will report back with any new successful combos after this weekend.
    Nice Stack

  4. I don't drink heavy anymore, but I'll sub for ideas just in case.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    •   
       


  5. That's right! Drink lots of water or rehydrating drink. That's because the ethanol in what you drink causes increase urine production that results to dehydration, which in turn, causes headache, fatigue and dry mouth.

    If it didn't help you, you can eat eggs to combat the symptoms , and you can also try a spoonful of baking soda mixed in water. If you can, try to do some exercise to raise your metabolism that clears toxins. Because exercise brings oxygen to your cells, it will increase the speed of detoxifying harmful compounds.

  6. Does anybody have any remedies for the sour/destroyed stomach after a night of drinking?

  7. Pop a Molly

    Snort some coke

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post
    Pop a Molly

    Snort some coke
    As appealing as that sounds, I would like to survive the hangover... Lol

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    Does anybody have any remedies for the sour/destroyed stomach after a night of drinking?
    Baking soda
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    Does anybody have any remedies for the sour/destroyed stomach after a night of drinking?
    As Spaniard said, baking soda and water. I have a buddy who will only drink whiskey, it upsets his stomach so he throws baking soda into warm water and chugs it. Gross but he swears by it.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post

    As Spaniard said, baking soda and water. I have a buddy who will only drink whiskey, it upsets his stomach so he throws baking soda into warm water and chugs it. Gross but he swears by it.
    Yea it has something to do with alkalizing you blood ( similar to apple cider vinegar) but when would you dose? Before or after drinking?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post

    Yea it has something to do with alkalizing you blood ( similar to apple cider vinegar) but when would you dose? Before or after drinking?
    He does after, as needed

  13. Anything for a foggy head?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    Anything for a foggy head?
    Caffeine
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

    Baking soda
    Take two ranitidine OTC medication 20-30 minutes prior drinking. You will never know again what a destroyed stomach is after drinking.

  16. I've never had one. Always wanted to know how it feels like.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  17. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    I've never had one. Always wanted to know how it feels like.
    Consider yourself lucky. Some of them are debilitating.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  18. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post

    Consider yourself lucky. Some of them are debilitating.
    I don't believe it when my BFF tells me that she blacks out from drinking. I'm like how do you not remember what you did?!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  19. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    I don't believe it when my BFF tells me that she blacks out from drinking. I'm like how do you not remember what you did?!
    I have blacked out a couple times in my younger years, its no fun and for me it hit before i knew it.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  20. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I have blacked out a couple times in my younger years, its no fun and for me it hit before i knew it.
    A few times??? I used to black out A LOT! I was a wild cat tho lol! Real wild! I called blacking out time traveling hahaha
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  21. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    I've never had one. Always wanted to know how it feels like.
    Some people I know, mainly friends from college, thought of a hangover as a badge of honor. I never shared that perspective. Some still hold it.

    One thing to consider is Mango. Mango has an enzyme acetylaldehyde dehydrogenase. Acetylaldehyde is what really wacks us out from drinking and mango supplies us with additional enzyme to flush it out. Consider L-glutamine as well. During drunken sleep the body halts products of glutamine, the most abundant AA in the body. Although be cautious glutamine at that point can act like a stimulant hence why some people get shakey from rebound.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  22. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post

    Some people I know, mainly friends from college, thought of a hangover as a badge of honor. I never shared that perspective. Some still hold it.

    One thing to consider is Mango. Mango has an enzyme acetylaldehyde dehydrogenase. Acetylaldehyde is what really wacks us out from drinking and mango supplies us with additional enzyme to flush it out. Consider L-glutamine as well. During drunken sleep the body halts products of glutamine, the most abundant AA in the body. Although be cautious glutamine at that point can act like a stimulant hence why some people get shakey from rebound.
    Is their any other food or supplement that has a acetylaldehyde dehydrogenase ?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Z28Luver7777 View Post
    Is their any other food or supplement that has a acetylaldehyde dehydrogenase ?
    i know the polyphenols in green tea have been shown to break it down. The best I can tell you is search the web.
    If you ever wondered why asians are "allergic" to alcohol or get the "asian flush" it's because they are genetically deficient in this enzyme.

    Oh, this is a nice simply stated summary of the whole to-do http://science.howstuffworks.com/lif.../hangover4.htm
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  24. Best way to cure a hangover is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a Gatorade. That really gets your body in the right place fast. I love this combo does really well for me.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Hangover
    By bigpapa in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 06:54 PM
  2. How To Cure A Hangover
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
  3. Hormonal ways to prevent excess body hair?
    By Flay in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 09:52 PM
  4. Hangover B Gone
    By TruffleShuffle in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 08:06 AM
  5. hangover help
    By sreed11 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Log in
Log in