how important is a multivitamin??? ha

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

how important is a multivitamin??? ha

hey guys, everything i get into as far as protein, pre wrkout etc gets pretty expensive and multi's seem pricey as well. just wondering if multi's are that important or what haha stupid question..

thanks in advance

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Answers

Multis aren't that expensive, and I dunno do you think your health is important? haha I'd get multis before pre workout supps but thats just beacause I like my healthy body lol
    Follow me on instagram for:Workout advice and tips, Diet pics, Inspirational pics, And best....pics of me!!!! haha
    INSTAGRAM: GUN_WALKER3
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Multi's are good stuff. Truth be told, I'm not too convinced there is a huge difference between the cheap and expensive multi's. Sure, your more expensive multi's are probably going to have more bioavailable forms of vitamins, but multi's are overdosed anyways. You'll never get 100% absorption with a multi, if your body doesn't need it its going to be excreted and different nutrients/minerals need different environments to be optimally absorbed anyways.

But i'd still get a multi, even if its a cheap one. Diet wise, multivitamins are an insurance policy. It'll fill in the cracks, so to speak, because (outside of health conditions that will effect absorption) your body will be able to get what your diet is not optimally providing.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Answers

animal pak

cheap with everything u need and more pluss aminos
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  152 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Eric160 View Post
    animal pak

cheap with everything u need and more pluss aminos
    It's not that cheap. There are a lot cheaper options.
    Animal pak is a quality multi though.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

thanks guys, appreciate it
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Animal pak is a quality multi though.
    Agreed. AP kicks ass, haven't gotten it in awhile though....
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

AP is expensive tho... haha
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

ive been using Russian Bear Multivitamins.

these got alot of different stuff in it like some herbs and anabolic activators as well as antioxidants.

but ya you can just buy some reg vitamins at you local drug store and take twice a day (1 with breakfast 1 with dinner) and youll be good. i also believe that vitamins are vitamins why pay more for the same stuff. o yah thats right the package does look cooler.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

cant go wrong with flintstone vitamins
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I've been taking Centrum for years, what's the jury on those?
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I am never without my Orange Triad. When NP has a sale I always stock up.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  13. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I am never without my Orange Triad. When NP has a sale I always stock up.
    This is what I am currently taking, and I actually started taking it as a result of winning a controlled contest, which turned me on to them.

Vitamins are Vitamins. Also sure, they might have a bit more of certain vitamins then are needed. However, you can't deny that the nutritional needs of an athlete are higher then that provided by your average daily. I am more then happy with my Orange Triad, and can't really image a reason in which I would switch from them.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  14. Registered User
    Answers

MVP by MST all they way, the best MV on the planet.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.
    Answers

i use orange triad and duel tabs
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

best bang for buck multi IMO is NOW's ADAM or ON's Opti-Men
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.
    Answers

AOR'S Ortho-core. Great MV
  18. Board Supporter
    Answers

If your diet sux then multi's are important. If your diet is excellent then not so much.

Costco multi ftw...
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    If your diet sux then multi's are important. If your diet is excellent then not so much.

Costco multi ftw...
    diet on or not multis can be had dirt cheap and should be a part of your regimen
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Hell's Yeaah! I am repping the now ADAM Multi vitamins from nutraplanet...
    Like $10 for 1 months supply you cant go wrong with that....

There have been times though when my diet was focused around the dollar store and I couldn't even afford vitamins, like several months straight , (being self employed can be very tough) but for the most part if I have the money I wont skip them not even for a day....

I like to think of them more of peace of mind and insurance rather than necessary. I would much rather spend the $10 a month than get sick and lose 3 weeks worth of gains (or more, getting pneumonia is not bueno...)
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by buuzer0 View Post
    I've been taking Centrum for years, what's the jury on those?
    i've read that synthetic vitamins can cause cancer. and centrum has synthetic vitamins.

http://www.chiff.com/a/natural-vitamin.htm is an example i found in 5 seconds just now.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I used to think that a MV was extremely important. Now, not so much. If your diet is focused around whole foods with minimal processing, your body will get more than enough vitamins and minerals.

For the bodybuilder crowd, however, that seem to avoid fruit and rarely consume veggies: get tested to find out what vitamins you're actually lacking. I think supplementing with individual vitamins is much better than a one size fits all multi.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    i've read that synthetic vitamins can cause cancer. and centrum has synthetic vitamins.

http://www.chiff.com/a/natural-vitamin.htm is an example i found in 5 seconds just now.
    Interesting. Guess I should look into buying a new type of vitamin, something more natural.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by roachboy101 View Post
    hey guys, everything i get into as far as protein, pre wrkout etc gets pretty expensive and multi's seem pricey as well. just wondering if multi's are that important or what haha stupid question..

thanks in advance
    multi's are over-rated.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    multi's are over-rated.
    They are cheap as hell so until they are absolutely proven well over-rated, im going to continue using them
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

If your gonna take em you gotta take the best. why would you try so hard to get the best supps and crap out on a store brand multi. Life Extension all the way..
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Realistically if you are eating properly you do not need a multi-vitamin. In fact there are vitamins and minerals that can be harmful if you take too much.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Swoleosis View Post
    If your gonna take em you gotta take the best. why would you try so hard to get the best supps and crap out on a store brand multi. Life Extension all the way..
    Like a lot of people are saying if you have a decent diet then a MV isnt quite so important. If i was doing a hard core cut then i think a quality MV is in order but, IMO to dump a lot of money on a MV is more or less a waste. I dont really drop a lot of money on supps anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Realistically if you are eating properly you do not need a multi-vitamin. In fact there are vitamins and minerals that can be harmful if you take too much.
    Iron is really the only one this is one that comes to mind that you can more easily over do and most mens multis dont have any in them. I dont know of any other ones that are all that easy to over dose on but im really not knowledgeable on the majority of vitamins
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
    Like a lot of people are saying if you have a decent diet then a MV isnt quite so important. If i was doing a hard core cut then i think a quality MV is in order but, IMO to dump a lot of money on a MV is more or less a waste. I dont really drop a lot of money on supps anyhow.

Iron is really the only one this is one that comes to mind that you can more easily over do and most mens multis dont have any in them. I dont know of any other ones that are all that easy to over dose on but im really not knowledgeable on the majority of vitamins

All the fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K) have a toxic level and are more of a concern than water-soluble vitamins because they are stored in the body longer. Also, zinc, magnesium, calcium, and others can have reach toxic levels, affect they way our body's work, or even cause irreversible harm.

Not that all of these are easy to meet. Some are easier than others and most of the time is not a concern, but when people have certain illness or star mega dosing multivitamins and take other supps that have a lot of the same things in then you start reaching the possibility of surpassing the UL guidelines.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  184 lbs.
    Answers

not important at all. studies prove that people who supp with a multi have a shorter life expectancy. Google the Harvard study.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Chicken causes cancer mate:
    http://cancer.about.com/od/foodguide/a/grillingmeat.htm

I don't buy into the cancer thing tbh. Why? Literally everything causes cancer...I'm serious google <anything> cause cancer? and you will find some study about it lol.

That being said, I take Adam, 10bucks is great.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Iseconed ADAM.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  118 lbs.
    Answers

Multivitamins are very important for me because I have this tendency of getting sick if I work out too much. If you want to be at the top of your health, you should allot budget for multis. I don't think they're too expensive though.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Answers

A good multi is great, but they are usually overdosing you. Now Green pills, those things almost give me a high when I take them. I feel so amazing.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by votum View Post
    Chicken causes cancer mate:
    http://cancer.about.com/od/foodguide/a/grillingmeat.htm

I don't buy into the cancer thing tbh. Why? Literally everything causes cancer...I'm serious google <anything> cause cancer? and you will find some study about it lol.

That being said, I take Adam, 10bucks is great.
    inorite
    Just about everything is going to release free radicals into your system. If its dumping a **** ton then i can understand but i hate fear mongering
  36. Registered User
    Answers

inorite
    Just about everything is going to release free radicals into your system. If its dumping a **** ton then i can understand but i hate fear mongering

whatever dude.

exercise your freedom to not be ''scared'' by 'fear mongering'.

with so many carcinogens present in modern society to be exposed to, you would think people would try to limit the ones they can .

and yes, i agree with the poster who said some chicken can cause cancer........this is why people prefer their chicken to NOT have hormones pumped into them. DUH? thats why people use organic foods.

in any case, the moral of the story is : if you're going to use something as a supplement, why supplement with trash?

if you're going to buy coq10, get ubiquinol.
    if you're going to get milk thistle, get liver juice ( 80% absorbed vs 8%).
    and if you're going to get vitamins, make sure they aren't synthetic.

thats all.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Answers

whatever dude.

with so many carcinogens present in modern society to be exposed to, you would think people would try to limit the ones they can .

and yes, i agree with the poster who said some chicken can cause cancer........this is why people prefer their chicken to NOT have hormones pumped into them. DUH? thats why people use organic foods.
    *****That particular article talks about charring meat makes it cancerous But there are other articles that talk about chemical changes (possibly creatine as well. its been a while i dont remember.) in the meat (pork and beef are the only ones ive seen) that cause free radicals to form just from cooking in any fashion. Organinc foods wont save you from any of that. DUH? *****

in any case, the moral of the story is : if you're going to use something as a supplement, why supplement with trash?
    *****Because some of us cant afford 30+ dollars a month on vitamins?*****

*****these are ideal suggestions for anyone but it all boils down to money*****

thats all.
    That is all
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Answers

That is all
    Get ADAM. Cheap as the **** in stores.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Get ADAM. Cheap as the **** in stores.
    I actually use them. I wasnt aware the tabs were not synthetic though i never actually cared to check. Still might be a little pricer than those who can onlly really spend money on the basics are going to want to spend.

Again though there are so many things out there that will throw free radicals your way that you cant criticize synthetic vitamin users if your not avoiding everythg within your resonable ability.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Answers

whatever dude.

thats all.

I don't have a choice for the most part mate. I drink milk that has a shelf life of 2 years at 70 degrees. That can't be that good for you. ALL the food I eat is processed too...but there is no organic food in a chow hall, hell, some of the beef is actually horse too (horse is delish though)

My point was more of a "look, everything causes cancer, don't sweat the small ****" approach. Synthetic vitamins may cause cancer, grilling chicken may cause cancer, you can't even count the things that MAY cause cancer. Instead of worrying about your vitamins maybe being synthetic and maybe causing cancer, worry about not smoking, and not sitting in tanning booths every day. There is too much crap that might give you cancer, and really...synthetic vitamins...there is no way to even prove those cause cancer...because you can't survive on vitamins alone. You can't have a successful control group to even figure that one out lol. I dunno man, I respect your opinions, but truth is some people can't afford designer vitamins, and some people just dont care.

To support my statements:

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/wha...cer&floc=wn-nx

There. All of us will have kidney cancer. This study was published in the International Journal of Cancer too. I dunno man. Cancer causing studies are bs to me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Multivitamin ???
    By raven00 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 01:05 AM
  2. best multivitamin
    By ehs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 02:26 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 06:04 PM