few questions?help! - AnabolicMinds.com

few questions?help!

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

few questions?help!

for lunch i eat a salad and two chicken breasts. The salad i put fat free ranch on and the chicken breasts i just tear up and dip in regular ketchup. Is this ok to do? my buddie who lifts tried to tell me that the ketchup is bad for me?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  181 lbs.

Ketchup has a ton of sugar in it. Definitely skip this and the FF ranch isn't the way to go either. Just b/c it's fat free doesn't mean it's good for you.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

It won't be terrible for you but lets talk about the rest of your meals. If that's the worst thing you're doing, you'll be fine.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Some people get overly anal about every calorie that they consume and, IMO, it's counterproductive. At the absolute most, you're adding 100 calories to your meal with the condiments in a meal that is low in calories regardless. I'm not a huge fan of ketchup, but, as long as there is not any high-fructose corn syrup in it, you'll be fine. The vinegar and lycopene override the amount of sugar within it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  181 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Some people get overly anal about every calorie that they consume and, IMO, it's counterproductive. At the absolute most, you're adding 100 calories to your meal with the condiments in a meal that is low in calories regardless. I'm not a huge fan of ketchup, but, as long as there is not any high-fructose corn syrup in it, you'll be fine. The vinegar and lycopene override the amount of sugar within it.
    Most ketchup is made w/ high fructose corn syrup. Heinz and hunt's both are, for example.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gainsvillian View Post
    Most ketchup is made w/ high fructose corn syrup. Heinz and hunt's both are, for example.
    That's why you look for one without HFCS...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Board Sponsor

Yep there's a tradeoff between taste and indulgence usually. A little ketchup - if it makes the meal more palatable - can go a long way in preventing "meal burnout", which is when you're sick and tired of eating the same thing day in and day out and more inclined to cheat.

Definately look for a better and healthier ketchup than Heinz tho.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

ok thanks guys! is their anything you guys suggest using? I am not trying to be a bodybuilder i just like to eat semi healthy. I use honey mustard sometimes if its the fat free kind.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by at1010 View Post
    ok thanks guys! is their anything you guys suggest using? I am not trying to be a bodybuilder i just like to eat semi healthy. I use honey mustard sometimes if its the fat free kind.
    i mean if you wanna do better eat the salad with extra virgin olive oil
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

ok thanks ill give it a try and what about the chicken??
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

ok thanks ill give it a try and what about the chicken??
    just season it when you cook it and eat it...lol not everything has to have ketchup on it!
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

i am in college they grill the chicken breasts and i cant just eat the things plain half the time they are dry as hell.
  13. New Member

the few g of sugar and few calories here and there from condiments can add up! use sparingly

-Alex
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

i am in college they grill the chicken breasts and i cant just eat the things plain half the time they are dry as hell.
    then i guess eat them bad boys with ketchup until you have your own kitchen, then you can george forman your chicken to perfection
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

hell yeah man i love when i am home cause i can grill, but the prob is college life makes it hard. The dinning halls dont have a great assortment of choices to i eat chicken, chicken, chicken, salad and fruit...
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

hell yeah man i love when i am home cause i can grill, but the prob is college life makes it hard. The dinning halls dont have a great assortment of choices to i eat chicken, chicken, chicken, salad and fruit...
    yeah dining halls/cafe is usually straight $hit. colleges often hire same food distribution companies that prisons do lol

plus there is a lot of speculation about them adding laxatives into food to avoid lawsuits in case you eat something undercooked.

get off campus man. find a house or an apartment. this way you can control exactly what you eat and have some privacy from public safety/party poopin police
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

yea dude trust me as soon as i CAN I AM hahah
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I think you have to find a balance between dedication and enjoyment. I mean, I love bodybuilding and I think I'm fairly dedicated but I'm sure as hell not going to give up what I enjoy eating just to stay a little leaner or get a little bigger. It's all about finding the right balance. I mean, unless you're wanting to get into competitive bodybuilding or something. I spent a few years trying to be really, really dedicated and sure, I got more results quicker but it wasn't as fun as what I'm doing now! lol
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

i agree typo i mean i eat healthy but i am not a pro bb so i just wanted a few tips on leaning out a bit, but again i am not a pro so on the weekends i will have a piece of pizza i might just do a bit more cardio thats all.

Similar Forum Threads

1. questions about what to use..
    By roachboy101 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 06:03 PM
  2. MGF questions
    By Jack3DCOPPER in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 12:16 AM
  3. Some LG questions
    By Cfour in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 3