KFC's new Double down sandwich

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
And it's because of things like this America is the fattest country in the world lol

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
KFC's promo video..

http://www.kfc.com/promos/commercial_doubledown.asp

Seriously when I was on a keto diet eating out was a pain and expensive. Inbetween classes I would usally get some double cheese burgers from mcdonalds and just throw away the bun and still be hungry this sandwich would have been perfect. 2 grilled chicken breast, cheese, and bacon.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I eat KFC every sat. Two grilled chicken breasts, green beans, and corn. MMMmmmmm.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
ok its all fun and good in terms of being grilled/macros/etc but...... have anyone ever seen that documentary where they explain how kfc gets their chicken? at their cost level, its not even a chicken anymore really. just a blob of genetically engineered meat with no feathers and half complete organs. then they raise this alien blob (on artificial feed of course) just long enough to produce a ginormous chicken breast. pump that thing full of water, wash it with some chlorine to kill any bacteria from the facilities and WHAMMMM you got yourself a yummy kfc sandwich. fast food $hit doesnt belong on anyone's menu

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
i read it actually has north of 1300 calories, far above what KFC claims. So although even grilled it may be "low carb" it certainly doesnt fit into any diet save for bulking.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
fast food of any kind is never a good choice.have a raw salmon spinach on whole grain.something your body can use

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
i read it actually has north of 1300 calories, far above what KFC claims. So although even grilled it may be "low carb" it certainly doesnt fit into any diet save for bulking.
Two grilled chicken breasts contains 70g pro and 8g fat. Fits great into a keto diet and can even be used on a cut.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
fast food of any kind is never a good choice.have a raw salmon spinach on whole grain.something your body can use
when your on the run, where the hell would u find that at ?

RedneckDB

Awards
when your on the run, where the hell would u find that at ?
exactly, best bet if you haven't prepared something and your on the run is either grabbing a shake/protein bar from a health food shop if you can find one or if eating out go for something like jacket potato/tuna/salad style meals if on a cheap budget.....or go for mixed grill options and have a potato instead of chips :)

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Two grilled chicken breasts contains 70g pro and 8g fat. Fits great into a keto diet and can even be used on a cut.
Even so, after reading this...

ok its all fun and good in terms of being grilled/macros/etc but...... have anyone ever seen that documentary where they explain how kfc gets their chicken? at their cost level, its not even a chicken anymore really. just a blob of genetically engineered meat with no feathers and half complete organs. then they raise this alien blob (on artificial feed of course) just long enough to produce a ginormous chicken breast. pump that thing full of water, wash it with some chlorine to kill any bacteria from the facilities and WHAMMMM you got yourself a yummy kfc sandwich. fast food $hit doesnt belong on anyone's menu
...I'm disgusted.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your from deptford right? If your interested I can hook you up with some local farmers to get organic fruits and begged and free range grass fed meat. Send me a pm and I'll send you some farmers info's.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
that is IF they come in grilled chicken, and that does not account for the "two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce." that it also has on it...1300+ calories.
During my cut, I take in 1500-1800 per day. How can I rationalize taking in 72% of my total caloric intake in one meal?
If somebody is cutting @ 2500/day, maybe 1300 could fit into that. Doesnt for me. You have me by 50lbs, so I bet you can cut at that level.

DeFos3

DeFos3

Awards
Took the words right out of my mouth

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
KFC website says 460 calories for the grilled varation. Maye what you read was 1500 caloires for the entire meal including soda and fries.

I posted this as an option for people on KETO diets. When I was on keto I would be at school from 8am to 1030pm and a half hour from my house so shakes and bars won't always cut it. I uses to eat the weirdest food combos I would eat from convience stores like jerky and boiled eggs or pepperoni sticks and hotdogs. The easiest was 2 double cheese burgers without the bun but was always left hungry.. This sandwich looks filling and a good keto fast food choice.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Whatever guys, i'm dieting down and eat this every saturday and am still losing weight at a rate of 1-2lbs per week. The food there is awesome and I don't care what anyone else has to say!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
that is IF they come in grilled chicken, and that does not account for the "two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce." that it also has on it...1300+ calories.
During my cut, I take in 1500-1800 per day. How can I rationalize taking in 72% of my total caloric intake in one meal?
If somebody is cutting @ 2500/day, maybe 1300 could fit into that. Doesnt for me. You have me by 50lbs, so I bet you can cut at that level.
All I was saying was that two chicken breasts are 70g pro 8g fat....i would never eat a sandwich there.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Whatever guys, i'm dieting down and eat this every saturday and am still losing weight at a rate of 1-2lbs per week. The food there is awesome and I don't care what anyone else has to say!
all power to you, just know where it came from.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
all power to you, just know where it came from.
I am aware. I follow a strict diet mon-fri...sat and sun are my days to loosen up. I don't gorge myself....but just eat what I want when i'm hungry. Nothing structured.

SamuraiSid

Awards
Im happy to hear all the keto dieters are in love with the idea of the sandwich, but come on.

Carbs or no carbs, **** is ****.

I just saw the commercial for this the other day and thought to myself, "Oh great, you know society is doing great when we throw out the bun in liue of a heart attack"

superfreak

Awards
Its amazing what people are willing to eat after you deep fry it and throw a little bit of salt, cheese and BBQ sauce on it. Im willing to bet you could literally deep fry a piece of sh!t throw some seasoning on it and some cheese, BBQ sauce and sell that mutha f*cker.

orangerain

Awards
I'd still avoid buying food from fast food chains. I don't think they're as healthy as the ones prepared from home.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
Boner!

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Looks tasty. 540 cals for the fried, 470 for the grilled. Sodium is off the charts.

Gotta call shenanigans on this. They do apparently abuse their chickens tho.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
I could go for some off those abused alien chickens right now.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Looks tasty. 540 cals for the fried, 470 for the grilled. Sodium is off the charts.

Gotta call shenanigans on this. They do apparently abuse their chickens tho.
hahaha my friend please dont tell me you actually think this is quality chicken? the nature of fast food is cost cutting, what gives when you cut costs....quality. ill try to find this documentary, it might have been mentioned in Food Inc. Today we have the technology to raise blobs of meat in complete darkness spraying them with hormones and pesticides. The FDA approves this sh!t because hey nobody has died from eating a chicken breast! Bro they are not even giving these chickens food!!!! Its a hose that goes around and sprays liquid crap all over them so they can eat it off each other. you wanna eat KFC then be my guest, just dont claim to be a healthy eater.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha my friend please dont tell me you actually think this is quality chicken? the nature of fast food is cost cutting, what gives when you cut costs....quality. ill try to find this documentary, it might have been mentioned in Food Inc. Today we have the technology to raise blobs of meat in complete darkness spraying them with hormones and pesticides. The FDA approves this sh!t because hey nobody has died from eating a chicken breast! Bro they are not even giving these chickens food!!!! Its a hose that goes around and sprays liquid crap all over them so they can eat it off each other. you wanna eat KFC then be my guest, just dont claim to be a healthy eater.
If you remember the name of the movie shoot me a pm or post it here, I would love to watch it. I don't think any other movie was mentioned in food inc. I did read omnivore dilemma, great book! Read it if you haven't

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I am interested in producing my own genetically engineered chickens. Please do post the video. First is chickens. Next will be humans.

Tyler3295

Awards
Just because you occasionally eat KFC doesn't mean you aren't a healthy eater..

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I am interested in producing my own genetically engineered chickens. Please do post the video. First is chickens. Next will be humans.
should we include a heavy dose of GH with their testosterone? I was thinking about big boned angry chickens, i want to drink the rage from their veins

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
should we include a heavy dose of GH with their testosterone? I was thinking about big boned angry chickens, i want to drink the rage from their veins
Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established
I saw a video on YouTube - some animal rights activists total job at a chicken processing factory/farm. Not as extreme as the above-mentioned video, but pretty f*ckd. The chicks were on a belt to fall into the grinder (live), and some of them were falling off and snagging up in the gears.
Still- no Killer Chickens From Outerspace

SamuraiSid

Awards
If you remember the name of the movie shoot me a pm or post it here, I would love to watch it. I don't think any other movie was mentioned in food inc. I did read omnivore dilemma, great book! Read it if you haven't
Food inc is a decent documentary. I belive it was shot over in europe, and there is no speaking during the documentary, just the beautiful pictres of cows being ripped apart by giant machines.

As well Michael pollin has a few other really good books. But his most recent, which just came out, has had the best reviews thus far. I heard he discusses ObamaCare and why he doesnt belive it will work.

Good book, good guy.

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
KFC wasnt mentioned specifically, but I know Mcd's was. KFc was mentioned in a documentary and I want to say Michael Moore produced it, but not quiet sure.
Yeah its all about money when it comes to fast food. I just hope I dont have a gnarly case of CJD coming in the mail when I'm 50 cause I munched on a few burgers :(.

Please do post the link for that documentary when you can find it. If you want a new view to the cruelty of creatures check out Vivi Sect..
MK9

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I personally think their grilled chicken tastes like ass. It leaves this funky chemical aftertaste in your mouth. If I'm eating KFC, its going to be the Colonel's best with the skin removed.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Man, you are just full of BS misinformation... Educate yourself.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/kfc.asp

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Man, you are just full of BS misinformation... Educate yourself.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/kfc.asp
LOL at your link, educate myself by reading snopes.com, a random 3rd party website?

what are u trying to say? that they use healthy organically fed chickens? there is nothing "real" about the chicken bro. ask them for a list of ingredients that goes into this "chicken". i cant believe you seriously found this bogus website to refute these false rumors that tarnish the good reputation of KFC.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
LOL at your link, educate myself by reading snopes.com, a random 3rd party website?

what are u trying to say? that they use healthy organically fed chickens? there is nothing "real" about the chicken bro. ask them for a list of ingredients that goes into this "chicken". i cant believe you seriously found this bogus website to refute these false rumors that tarnish the good reputation of KFC.
The imaginary documentary you described about imaginary KFC with alien chickens sounds fantastic.

Do you have any other amazing made up stories about fast food to share with us?

http://www.unh.edu/BoilerPlate/kfc.html

Even if the rumors where true, which they aren't, genetically modified food > natural food. That is the entire point of modifying it.

Also, whoever mentioned Michael Pollan, he is a journalist with an M.A. in English. The guy is not an authority on anything, except writing crappy books.

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
Here is the problem with mass produced chickens, and cattle. THey are not raised on farms, but grown on factories (verbatim from Food Inc).
Secondly the chickens are kept in the dark, the grow in 3 months what would naturally take 6 months, and they continue growing at a rapid pace which places heavy strain on their skeletal structure so they just end up sitting down, and over time plenty do die because of the rapid growth and strain it places on the body.

The flipside to this is going to a farmer that raises their own chickens, lets them eat whatever chickens eat (I know its not cow parts which is what they are fed in grain), and the end result is a healthier chicken, and the consumer has a healthier meal.

Naturally the resistance to any of this is "dont tell me what to eat", no one is, its educating people on what is happening, and you can make the choice to support aggro-culture (pun intended), and thus this chain reaction results in employees being treated no better than the poultry they process, the big cats get their pockets lined, and all sorts of ills.
Watch the documentary Food Inc while you eat a chicken burger :)
MK9

Last edited:
MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
Well if a chicken is fed good clean foods and not loaded with hormones and antibiotics, you the consumer reap the benefits of eating good healthy clean meat vs hormone\antibiotic treated chickens that are raised in an unhealthy chicken house.
All windows are closed in those places, no sunlight, and they are over crowded, and its just nasty.

I have recently been eating grass fed beef, and strictly grass fed, not grass fed, and then finished off with some grain..no no..
I dont get that toxic sleepy feeling that I would get from a restaurant cooked steak, and actually have energy and feel good.
I know its not chicken, but I am comparing the quality of grass fed\free range vs. factory produced.

Happy chickens are healthy chickens :)
MK9

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
If the cals are too much, just split it and save a breast and slice of bacon for later... IMO you're better off stopping at a grocer and buying one of those $5-7 rotisserie chickens they always have waiting.

I've worked at KFC when I was 16, 16 years ago.... Never again will I eat there...

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
Well if a chicken is fed good clean foods and not loaded with hormones and antibiotics, you the consumer reap the benefits of eating good healthy clean meat vs hormone\antibiotic treated chickens that are raised in an unhealthy chicken house.
All windows are closed in those places, no sunlight, and they are over crowded, and its just nasty.

I have recently been eating grass fed beef, and strictly grass fed, not grass fed, and then finished off with some grain..no no..
I dont get that toxic sleepy feeling that I would get from a restaurant cooked steak, and actually have energy and feel good.
I know its not chicken, but I am comparing the quality of grass fed\free range vs. factory produced.

Happy chickens are healthy chickens :)
MK9
Because the chickens are "happy," they will produce meat that is healthier for humans to consume? Real scientific. :rolleyes:

And wtf is a "happy" chicken? If I cut the head off a chicken and continue to feed it and keep it alive in the free range environment you describe, it is happy? Do chickens feel happiness at all? Is it even remotely relevant?