Am I doing it wrong?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.77%

Am I doing it wrong?

So here's the story. Just recently (end of January) I was pretty much fed up with the turn my life had taken. I went from being a kickboxing instructor to a fat turd who sat at home playing world of warcraft 12 hours a day. My diet went to complete crap. I finally realized how big I had gotten and decided to turn my life back around. I weighed in on my scale at 207 pounds. (My scale is probably off a bit, but that's pretty much irrelevant lol) I am 5'8", and I have one arm so I should be a little heavier if I had a normal body.

I made extreme changes to my diet. I have a bowl of cereal for breakfast (either Keloggs corn flakes, or cheerios - both are the nasty non flavored 100 calories a cup ones), and for lunch I'll either have a tv dinner or a skimpy subway sub with chicken. (I eat half then the other half ~ 3 hours later) Then I have a tv dinner for dinner. (I can't cook and I live by myself :[!) I usually have these:

Since I can't post links/pictures just google "Healthy choice steamers"

So my daily calorie intake is sub 1500 for the most part. I work out like a fiend. I am back into my kickboxing, and got reinstated as an instructor because "I proved that I am serious about it" again. Since the end of January and weighing in at 207, I have lost an incredible amount of weight. None of my clothes fit anymore, and all my belts are way too big. My scale puts me at 163. I usually train for kickboxing (which is VERY physically demanding at least 2 hours a day, 4/5 days a week.)

Now my issue is, with such a terrible low calorie diet, am I going to hit a wall? Is it going to get to the point where my body starts to burn muscles for energy instead of carbs/fat? What can I do to improve my diet so I don't start taking backsteps?

Also, I own a bowflex (I bought it a long time ago, don't make fun of me) and I want to start lifting for strength. I don't want to get really big, because I'd like to fight at 155 when I'm ready to fight again. How should I change my diet to maximize my results in both areas?

I've been a member for quite some time, but never really posted. Thanks in advance for any and all answers.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

ugh, cut out the TV dinners, that would be a good start. as far as you hitting a wall, yes you probably will but why not wait till you do? if you're seeing good results with what you do, why stop. are you losing strength?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.77%

Not as far as I can tell. I'm not sure if it's overall strength (for instance I train with an 18 oz glove and my shoulder is never tired anymore), or if it's just body conditioning, but I see vast improvements.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.25%

better learn how to cook, nothing more than throwing food together in a pan/grill
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    better learn how to cook, nothing more than throwing food together in a pan/grill
    he's right bro. anyone can put chicken in a pan for 45min. on 375F throw some spices on there ans toss it in the oven. ground beef in a stove top pan and brown that stuff......when i started cooking trial and error were where it was at......still is as a matter of fact
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.77%

I've baked chicken and stuff in the past, but it made for a bland dinner. Unseasoned/un-spiced chicken. Should I just go with that anyway?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.38%

Brown rice is easy fixin too. Boil water, add rice, cook 5 min. Start the chicken or beef early and do up the rice and veggies when the meats half way or a little past- saves money for more aupps too.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  248 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.4%

shoot for 6 small meals a day, thats what i have learned here and i've dropped 40lbs. i have a couple protein shakes in between meals and workouts or a couple tbsp of natty pb. and lennox is right, cut those tv dinners man.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Quote Originally Posted by 1ArmMan View Post
    I've baked chicken and stuff in the past, but it made for a bland dinner. Unseasoned/un-spiced chicken. Should I just go with that anyway?
    hell no man. get some spices in there, don't be afraid of them. anyone who can eat un-seasoned chicken for months on end must be crazy. mix it up, heres what i just threw in the oven then i'm off to do cardio for an hour.

9 chicken breasts (trimmed the fat and tendons off of them)
    put them into a baking dish, put aluminum foil down and sprayed it with non-stick spray
    took Italian seasoning, cajun seasoning, and some all spice (morton nature's seasons)
    put all the spices on the breasts evenly
    turned oven on 375
    covered the pan with another piece of aluminum foil
    it will be in the over for about 1 hr. until i get back from the gym

done son
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  248 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.4%

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    hell no man. get some spices in there, don't be afraid of them. anyone who can eat un-seasoned chicken for months on end must be crazy. mix it up, heres what i just threw in the oven then i'm off to do cardio for an hour.

9 chicken breasts (trimmed the fat and tendons off of them)
    put them into a baking dish, put aluminum foil down and sprayed it with non-stick spray
    took Italian seasoning, cajun seasoning, and some all spice (morton nature's seasons)
    put all the spices on the breasts evenly
    turned oven on 375
    covered the pan with another piece of aluminum foil
    it will be in the over for about 1 hr. until i get back from the gym

done son
    do you find that dries them out? i've tried this and they were like a dry popcorn fart. i've been boiling them and then storing them in a freezer bag with the seasoning, keeps them somewhat moist.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy74 View Post
    do you find that dries them out? i've tried this and they were like a dry popcorn fart. i've been boiling them and then storing them in a freezer bag with the seasoning, keeps them somewhat moist.
    no, the trick is, like i mentioned....cover the pan with foil. when reheating in a microwave use a little no cal butter, either spray or squeeze. you can also put some juice from other sources like jarred peppers, either sweet or hot, dump some juice on there. why use all the peppers and leave the juice. make sure you cover the container when reheating to lock in that juice, not tightly though, otherwise it will explode in the micro
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.38%

How the hell do you play world of Warcraft one-handed (serious question). That's incredible. If you can do that cooking will be a breeze
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.77%

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine000 View Post
    How the hell do you play world of Warcraft one-handed (serious question). That's incredible. If you can do that cooking will be a breeze
    I have a 14/15 button mouse lol
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.38%

That's gotta take some coordination. Kudos! Improvise adapt overcome
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%

Marinate the chicken breasts before you cook them. Something as simple as conola oil with minced garlic and lawrys will be suffice. Buy some steaks pan-seer both sides in a pan with some conola oil then stick it in the oven until its done. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.. pasta and rice.. The grocery store is bigger than the frozen food isles..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Somebody tell me what is going wrong
    By bakerderek0 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 10:30 PM
  2. Ok what Am I doing wrong?!?!?
    By WarcraftJJS in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 12:44 PM
  3. if im wrong please tell me
    By lou38 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3