vicodin during a cycle?

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
ok guys,

i broke some fingers and i am really tempted to take some vicodin cause the pain is off the chain! problem is, im on my 2 week of hdrol and furuza..

should i hold off on the vicodin?

Thanks a lot guys

jamez45

Awards
If it were me i would hold off on the pain pills...vicodin has about 325-500 mg of asprin depending on what dosage they are, not a good thing to add to a liver stressing steroid.
but just my opinion...

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
ok guys,

i broke some fingers and i am really tempted to take some vicodin cause the pain is off the chain! problem is, im on my 2 week of hdrol and furuza..

should i hold off on the vicodin?

Thanks a lot guys
You should try some aspirin or ibuprofen first, although they do slow protein synthesis.

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
ok thanks guys! Ill prob have to try some ibuprofen then.. i need something! it hurts bad

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i would not take oral pain pills with an oral steroid. If the pain is that bad u probably cant lift well anyway - i'd strop ur cycle and start pct.

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
Cmon what kind of ? is this?
HELL NO you dont take a painkiller and Vicodin !
Do you want to end up in rehab?

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Cmon what kind of ? is this?
HELL NO you dont take a painkiller and Vicodin !
Do you want to end up in rehab?
I agree with not taking vicodin or tylenol; if he needs to take ibuprofen or aspirin once or twice while on cycle he would be fine as they are not hepatotoxic. Like I said they do decrease protein synthesis and are hard on your stomach lining and kidneys which is why they need to be used sparingly on cycle or not.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
Well.
With a broken finger how much are you really going to get out of the rest of the cycle?? Aside from legs finishing the cycle IMO would be a waste. I would stop cycle. Take some inhebit E and some pct assist. Use the vikes as needed. H-drol and Furuza have pretty short half lifes.
That's what I would do.

JP.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Well.
With a broken finger how much are you really going to get out of the rest of the cycle?? Aside from legs finishing the cycle IMO would be a waste. I would stop cycle. Take some inhebit E and some pct assist. Use the vikes as needed. H-drol and Furuza have pretty short half lifes.
That's what I would do.

JP.
Holy crap, i'm an idiot; I didn't even see that about the broken fingers. Yeah with broken fingers I would stop the cycle. Hit me over the head with a fish :trout:.

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
haha thanks guys. i appreciate the answers. I was going to stop a couple days ago, but didnt. but its pretty dang clear that i need to stop. so its over. Thanks again guys :)

musclehustler

musclehustler

Awards
I mean truthfully, ON cycle you wouldnt feel as much pain because the PH would help you out, but once you were done with your cycle,,,,, trust me you will be in a world of hurt without that PH assistance,,, stop now! take time off get yourself together,, do low higher reps , less weight and use correct form! take care of your injury first!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with not taking vicodin or tylenol; if he needs to take ibuprofen or aspirin once or twice while on cycle he would be fine as they are not hepatotoxic. Like I said they do decrease protein synthesis and are hard on your stomach lining and kidneys which is why they need to be used sparingly on cycle or not.
It's the tylenol that's in vicodin that is really the hepatoxic factor. Also, all NSAID/s are taxing to the liver and the kidneys, some more than others. This includes ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen. Even then we all know the human body can be quite resiliant and people can get away with double slamming their liver, buuuuut it's that % where someone does real and permanent damage that in general we try and stay away from doing that. Just throwing out some fyi stuff.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
It's the tylenol that's in vicodin that is really the hepatoxic factor. Also, all NSAID/s are taxing to the liver and the kidneys, some more than others. This includes ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen. Even then we all know the human body can be quite resiliant and people can get away with double slamming their liver, buuuuut it's that % where someone does real and permanent damage that in general we try and stay away from doing that. Just throwing out some fyi stuff.
youre right but my point is that if the finger(s) are broken then he isnt going to have a good rest of the cycle. better to save the rest of it.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, they are all taxing on the liver for sure; I was just pointing out that Vicodin and Tylenol (Due to containing acetaminophen) are worth avoiding even more so than Ibuprofen and Aspirin since acetaminophen is so hepatotoxic.