Early Morning Workouts - AnabolicMinds.com

Early Morning Workouts

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

Early Morning Workouts

Ok here's the deal, I either have class or work from 9-5 mon-fri. Being a college student that usually leaves my nights pretty booked up with studying, papers, etc. So I like to go lift in the morning. I've never minded getting up an hour or 2 early so it fits easily into my schedule. Also I like to get in there before all the "spring breakers" who have no dedication at all and crowd out the gym doing nothing but curls all evening. The question is... is this a good idea working out on a basically empty stomach?

I usually get up and grab a handful or two of raisins, a scoop of natty PB, and a protein shake with some blueberries in it and hit the gym. Is this enough to not be considered an "empty stomach?"

I guess it also depends on your goals. Right now mine are to put on a few lean pounds but to keep my BF low since I'm about to go on cycle. (To all of you cycle nazis I definitely do have an entire PCT and cycle support ready)

Any help/insight about the working out early thing would be great. I'm still learning and appreciate anyone smarter than me helping out. Thanks

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdilliner View Post
    (To all of you cycle nazis I definitely do have an entire PCT and cycle support ready)
    LMAO....^^ very clever. i work out right before work everyday. i'm cutting right now so i eat 3 egg whites before i go but when i was bulking i was eating pretty much what you have listed and 3 egg whites. i have a hard time lifting on a full stomach so i would have at least some fast and slow digesting protein with some sort of carb
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

What carb would you suggest? Maybe some oatmeal? I just have a time constraint with class or work at 9 so I try to avoid waking up too early so I can still get my 7-8 hours. Egg whites are a problem since I can't cook where I live, maybe I can boil them at home and take them with me. Hmm...

It just seems like I read somewhere that if you don't have carbs or something to burn you burn muscle is that true?? I figured it would burn fat, but hey idk. I'm pretty lean so losing muscle would be bad

Oh and I mix my morning shake with some milk to try and get some more fats and protein in my stomach befor lifting
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdilliner View Post
    What carb would you suggest? Maybe some oatmeal? I just have a time constraint with class or work at 9 so I try to avoid waking up too early so I can still get my 7-8 hours. Egg whites are a problem since I can't cook where I live, maybe I can boil them at home and take them with me. Hmm...

It just seems like I read somewhere that if you don't have carbs or something to burn you burn muscle is that true?? I figured it would burn fat, but hey idk. I'm pretty lean so losing muscle would be bad

Oh and I mix my morning shake with some milk to try and get some more fats and protein in my stomach befor lifting
    quick and easy carbs....toast, wheat toast. i eat just enough to kick the hunger pains away for the couple of hours i'm in the gym and have a cooler filled, ready to go when i get done

Similar Forum Threads

1. Early workouts
    By jessta in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 06:52 PM
  2. Early Morning workouts...to eat or not to eat??
    By redrocket399 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 06:27 AM
  3. early morning workouts
    By chris1381 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 03:03 PM
  4. early morning workouts
    By chris1381 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 12:37 PM
  5. Early Morning Cardio