Bought a juicer, any recipes?
- 02-13-2010, 05:14 PM
- 02-14-2010, 10:11 AM
- 02-14-2010, 12:37 PM
I've read mixing grape juice with certo is good for arthritis. I haven't personally tried it though.
And for insomnia: The first recipe that can help insomniacs is a combination of beets and celery. The complex carbohydrates and starch in beet root can help promote sleep. Celery can be a good tonic for insomniacs because it has a calming effect on the central nervous system.
02-14-2010, 02:59 PM
02-17-2010, 01:47 PM
hey man - are we talking blender type thing? I'm thinking 'magic bullet'. hope it helps...
I love making smoothies, they're a great healthy way to have a quick bite.
-fat free yogurt
-low fat organic peanut butter
it's good to sneak in healthy fiber and things similar to flax seed - sometimes even metimucil - because fiber helps you feel full. Any healthy little bits that you normally wouldn't want to eat you wont' even notice you're eating it when it's in a smoothie. You can also use orange juice, but pay attention to how much sugar is in it - berries are already sweet enough.
02-17-2010, 02:14 PM
02-17-2010, 02:23 PM
No prob. Another good source for good recipes for smoothies is the Abs Diet Ultimate Nutrition Handbook from MensHealth. I'll keep my ear to the ground for any more specific info on what you asked about.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Killerb in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 9Last Post: 08-22-2010, 03:40 PM
- By cheezscott in forum RecipesReplies: 6Last Post: 10-20-2008, 06:21 PM
- By wojo in forum RecipesReplies: 25Last Post: 09-05-2007, 10:43 PM
- By BigVrunga in forum News and ArticlesReplies: 28Last Post: 08-01-2006, 04:16 AM
- By bellicose in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 34Last Post: 01-12-2004, 04:24 PM