View Poll Results: Should I increase how much I eat, within reason?

Voters
14. This poll is closed
  • Yes, You can build more muscle

14 100.00%
  • No, At your workout rate you will only gain more flab.

0 0%

Do I need to eat more?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. After a 1 hour workout, I'd make sure I downed at least 600 calories within 30 minutes.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cervantes View Post
    Okay. Thats what I am planning on doing. How do I know if its just going to be stored as fat, instead of muscle? Like I said I want stronger, not flabbier.
    I would suggest getting a body fat tester. You can either buy calipers or the electronic kind. Calipers are probably more accurate, but it takes some practice to do correctly and the test takes a couple minutes to do. The electronic testers cost a bit more but the results are instant. However, I think they are of questionable accuracy and can be effected by lots of factors. However, if you do the test at the same time every day, you'll get a consistent reading and can use this as a guide.

I have calipers and also an Omron electronic body fat tester. You can get them off Amazon for about $35.

Also, it's a bit of a pain, but try keeping a food log. Write down what you're eating and how many calories (and what type) and add it all up at the end of the day. I did this recently and was surprised to learn that I was consuming way more carbs than I actually thought.

Good luck to you.
    •   

3. Yeah cool. Looked up the stuff on carb cycling and got some good ideas. Also, I will check and see if the gym I go to has some calipers, since they do have a full health center, its part of a university, so I imagine they have people training for that.

4. you wont be able to bulk on 2000 calories but you may be able to recomp around 2500 calories mixed with carb cycling like what has been mentioned.
    For me, the action IS the juice.

5. Quote Originally Posted by greaser View Post
    Also, it's a bit of a pain, but try keeping a food log. Write down what you're eating and how many calories (and what type) and add it all up at the end of the day. I did this recently and was surprised to learn that I was consuming way more carbs than I actually thought.
    This is the best advice out there. Get a digital food scale and keep a log.

Weight management is about adjusting portions, quantities, and calories. If you are not tracking this then you are just guessing. The range for getting it correct is somewhat small (500 calories) and is very easy to blow it by guessing wrong.

Carb cycling, keto diets, supplements, etc all come a distant second to calorie/quantity counting for weight management effectiveness.