How to get coconut oil into shakes ?

  1. How to get coconut oil into shakes ?


    MCT did not work out.

    Regular coconut oil is solid at room temp. Heating wont help when it hits the cold plain yogurt shake.

    Anybody know the trick? Do I warm it and then blend it with another oil so its always liquid ?

    Maybe I should just shave it like cheese



  2. Quote Originally Posted by bengelha View Post
    MCT did not work out.

    Regular coconut oil is solid at room temp. Heating wont help when it hits the cold plain yogurt shake.

    Anybody know the trick? Do I warm it and then blend it with another oil so its always liquid ?

    Maybe I should just shave it like cheese

    like you said shave it in. Do what you have to do.

    Not sure if its that same but have you looked into coconut flour? Good fats+ fiber.

  3. Coconut milk.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    like you said shave it in. Do what you have to do.

    Not sure if its that same but have you looked into coconut flour? Good fats+ fiber.
    This...my new favorite.
    Check out Bob's red mill...it's very cheap.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  5. Thanks guys I was not aware of the flour, I guess its just ground up coconut ?

    http://www.bobsredmill.com/organic-c...r-mtx6135.html

  6. Well the excitement is waning now. The INFLAMMATION FACTOR (-1798) of this oil is astronomcal.

    Dr. Weil lists the good the bad and sums it up by saying 'no'.

    http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA316479

    Is there some other oil you can take it with the balance it out ? I have ulcerative colitis in the large intestine so I generally aim to be alkaline diet.

    Perhaps some avacado oil and canola in with it.

  7. PRAL =0.49 Protein + 0.037 Phosphorus- 0.021 Potassium - 0.026 Magnesium - 0.013 Calcium

    The PRAL of this is probably close to zero.

    The high inflammation factor is coming from the sat fats and is slightly misleading. Most sat fats are thought to be very inflammatory in nature because they can lead to obesity and/or metabolic syndrome.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  8. Awesome ! I thought it might be getting dumped into the broader group, I will go educate myself on PRAL and its effect on computing INFLAMMATION FACTOR.

    Also I probably consumed way too much yesterday, once per day ought to be enough.

  9. I picked up some Barleans extra virgin coconut oil from max muscle here in columbus. breaks up just fine for me in shakes. mostly i use it to cook with but every so often i'll throw it in a shake.

  10. Thank you I will try the one here in Boulder.

  11. I messed around with a chocolate concoction a few days ago.
    I just mixed coconut oil and chocolate with xylitol, melted it in the microwave, then poured it on a greased plate in the refer.
    I did not turn out hard enough but it could be done with a few adjustments. It tasted fine.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by bengelha View Post
    Well the excitement is waning now. The INFLAMMATION FACTOR (-1798) of this oil is astronomcal.

    Dr. Weil lists the good the bad and sums it up by saying 'no'.

    http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA316479

    Is there some other oil you can take it with the balance it out ? I have ulcerative colitis in the large intestine so I generally aim to be alkaline diet.

    Perhaps some avacado oil and canola in with it.
    just pointing out that website/article hasn't been updated in 5 years.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 01:37 PM
  2. coconut cream = coconut oil?
    By wontdie in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 07:10 AM
  3. need help with coconut oil
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 08:32 AM
Log in
Log in