Please critique my diet

DieselFreak

Awards
Ok, I have been doing pretty good the past few months at my diet and have been steadily losing a little fat. But spring and summer will be here before I know it and it takes me a while to really trim down so I want to get really serious and start cutting the rest of the winter. Ive always been just a big guy and never been very cut so I want to see how cut I can get this year.

My stats are 24yrs old 6'3" 253lbs, and if I had to guess 17% bf, havnt measured in a while.
Here is my daily diet so far.

breakfast 6:30am:
PBJ sandwich on whole weat bread, all natural PB and sugar free jelly
50g Nitro Core protein shake

9:00 Break
can of tuna
3 bolied egg
cup of low fat Activia yogurt

12:00 Lunch
Turkey and lowfat cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread
cup of lowfat cottage cheese
Fruit of some sort apple/banana/orange

3:00 break

workout around 6:00 followed by a 50g Issopure Zero carb protein shake

dinner around 9:00
usually either fish(talapia/salmon), steak, chicken breast
sweet potatoe/ steamed broccoli/ other steamed veggies

Before bed: 4 raw eggs (Pastuerized) blended with some OJ

So where do ya'll think I need to make changes? I didnt used to do much cardio either and the past few weeks I have been really trying to step it up in that area. I usually follow this diet pretty good all week but sometimes wake up too late to make my lunch and end up eating out at like subway or something.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Activia? Sugar Free Jelly? Low-fat crap? The only quality carb source I see is sweet potato and possibly the bread. You could probably tone back the protein a little. Don't be a girl and steam your veggies. That meal sounds so flavorless it hurts. Put some butter in your world.

Don't take it too seriously. Quality food and quality workouts. Simple.

DieselFreak

Awards
Activia? Sugar Free Jelly? Low-fat crap? The only quality carb source I see is sweet potato and possibly the bread. You could probably tone back the protein a little. Don't be a girl and steam your veggies. That meal sounds so flavorless it hurts. Put some butter in your world.

Don't take it too seriously. Quality food and quality workouts. Simple.
Oh I do put a lil butter and salt :) gotta make it taste somewhat good lol

I have really been trying to cut back on sugar and carbs.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
too much whey. save it for postworkout and eat whole proteins (eggs, meat, fish) during the day

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
You def. could use more carbs.
really i thought there was enough there...bread, yogert, s potato, fruit...to the OP do you feel run down, how are you're workouts? are you just getting through them or are you energized in the gym?

davidl351

Awards
you should replace some of your protein shakes with whole foods, like other posters stated. almonds, beans, sprouts, etc. are all good sources of protein, vitamins, and minerals.

you should think about adding in more vegetables. if you can't, i suggest picking up a whole foods supplement.

more fat also. normal dietary guidelines state that your diet should consist of 20-35% fat, which i think is a good number for any athlete. just add some olive oil to some of your meals for easy fat.

DieselFreak

Awards
really i thought there was enough there...bread, yogert, s potato, fruit...to the OP do you feel run down, how are you're workouts? are you just getting through them or are you energized in the gym?
When I first started cutting back all the bad carbs I used to eat I would get tired a lo easier, but now that my body has gotten used to the amount of carbs that I have been eating I feel just great in the gym with plenty of energy!