Critique my diet!

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197.5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.29%

Critique my diet!

*first let me say i am deployed overseas, so any crazy food suggestions will be impossible at this time, but are still welcome for when i get home.
    -Heres what my diet is currently. My goal is to gain alot of lean muscle, currently working on a 2 month cut though, to try to get some better Abs going on:

Meal 1
    1 serving nutraplanet Fish Oil
    Muslce milk Oats
    normal size can of tuna (not sure of the oz) w/hot sauce
    a piece of any fruit i can get
    8oz all natural ruby grapefruit juice

Meal 2
    2 handful of assorted raw nuts

Meal3
    1 serving nutrplanet fish oil
    2 grilled, boneless skinless chicken breast-or-2 6oz (roughly) slices of some sort of steak, roast beef-or-2 6oz Turkey Cutlets (either boiled or grilled, not sure...)
    1 cup of random veggies, overcooked usually
    another cup of random veggies (still overcooked)
    4 Hard boiled eggs, no yolk
    8oz all natural ruby grapefruit juice

Preworkout
    2 scoops muscle milk
    1 scoop nutraplanet waxy maize "kwik carb"

postworkout
    2 scoops muscle milk
    1 scoop waxy maize

Meal 4
    handful raw nuts
    piece of random fruit

Meal 5
    4 hard boiled eggs, no yolk
    4 slices of bacon
    8 oz all natural ruby grapefruit juice

Meal 6
    4 whole eggs (fried) w/hot sauce
    1 cup random diced fresh fruit
    1 cup random diced fresh fruit
    1 cup cottage cheese w/sliced peaches, pineapple, or mixed fruit (canned variety)
    1 cup fruit smoothie (milk, yogurt, random fruits that i can never tell what they are, usually containing bananna)

1 more serving of fish oil before bed

like i said, i am deployed in iraq, but any suggestions are welcome, and ill try to adjust as best as possible. im just curious if this diet is somewhat good for my goals. I do cardio (running) 3 times a week usually 2.3 miles, then 2.6 miles, then 4.9 miles. my workout out split is 5 days on 2 days rest, with the 4.9 miles usually on the second day of rest.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.72%

If you're focusing on lean muscle gain, Muscle Milk might be too nutrient dense for optimal gains. Not to mention its friggen expensive. If you have whey protein on hand I would try that for awhile and see if you get better body composition... but if you need the calories then stick with the muscle milk.

Overall you look fine to me. Personally I'd opt out from the fruit juice, IMO they are as bad as soft drinks because of the high sugar content. In your position I'd switch that with skim milk. You might find the raw nuts more palatable if you made a trail mix instead, nuts are nutritionally dense enough to slow gastric emptying that if you threw in M&M's and dried fruit the simple sugars should have negligible drawbacks.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197.5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.29%

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    If you're focusing on lean muscle gain, Muscle Milk might be too nutrient dense for optimal gains. Not to mention its friggen expensive. If you have whey protein on hand I would try that for awhile and see if you get better body composition... but if you need the calories then stick with the muscle milk.

Overall you look fine to me. Personally I'd opt out from the fruit juice, IMO they are as bad as soft drinks because of the high sugar content. In your position I'd switch that with skim milk. You might find the raw nuts more palatable if you made a trail mix instead, nuts are nutritionally dense enough to slow gastric emptying that if you threw in M&M's and dried fruit the simple sugars should have negligible drawbacks.
    Allright, i have an unopened jug of ATW whey isolate ill switch to, and as far as the nuts, they are all mixed together and i actually like them. so thats fine how they are. Im not sure what you were saying about the drawbacks? is that a caution about eating simple sugars and raw nuts alot? Ill switch to some of the yummy powdered skim milk here too. I thought grapefruit juice was good for weight loss thats why i was drinking, and also protein synthesis?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.72%

Allright, i have an unopened jug of ATW whey isolate ill switch to, and as far as the nuts, they are all mixed together and i actually like them. so thats fine how they are. Im not sure what you were saying about the drawbacks? is that a caution about eating simple sugars and raw nuts alot? Ill switch to some of the yummy powdered skim milk here too. I thought grapefruit juice was good for weight loss thats why i was drinking, and also protein synthesis?
    I was referring to the drawbacks of simple sugar in general, but you know your body the best and how it responds to sugar.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197.5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.29%

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    I was referring to the drawbacks of simple sugar in general, but you know your body the best and how it responds to sugar.
    oh i got ya now! im still perfecting my whole diet, but im getting pretty good at it. just trying to get the little layer of fat off my abs and sides.. its tough! i can see my abs under but they have no definition. im sure this is a common struggle. main thing is trying to maintain the muscle while losing fat.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

swap the muscle milk out for some lipotropic protein. MM tends to be a weight gainer. Way to much fat, liptropic is cheap and very good nutrtional profile
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197.5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.29%

Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    swap the muscle milk out for some lipotropic protein. MM tends to be a weight gainer. Way to much fat, liptropic is cheap and very good nutrtional profile
    ill look into that, i just ran out of muscle milk and am running the jug of All the Way whey isolate i have now. ill search nutra for it and see what they have.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Please Critique my Diet
    By Jeff5886 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 11:41 AM
  2. CKD Diet Critique
    By OCCFan023 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 02:11 PM
  3. Critique my Diet
    By Testudo in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
  4. Someone help me, Please Critique my diet.
    By Fun2Train in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 06:14 PM
  5. Someone help me, Please Critique my diet.
    By Fun2Train in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 01:35 AM