Canola oil. Good, bad? GM not GM. - AnabolicMinds.com

Canola oil. Good, bad? GM not GM.

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Canola oil. Good, bad? GM not GM.

Okay, I'm sure you guys have heard about the controversy about canola oil and this has probably been discussed before. Some say it's bad and Canada paid the FDA to approve it and some say it's fine and is actually healthy for you. Also there is talk of Genetically modified canola oil vs. non-GM. Alot of the stuff my grandmom brings home from work(Whole Foods) is made with canola oil. I read Whole Foods doesn't use genetically modified canola oil, but I don't know how true this is. What is everyones take on this oil?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

at least from what ive read,all that oil is already spoiled and they add the coloring to make it look nice and appetizing. it tastes horrible and i would never buy it. whole foods might not be all 100% organic health food, a bunch of stuff sneaks in under the radar. why bother with canola and all that crap if you can get actual health benefits from olive and coconut? thats my take on it
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

i dont know about the health effects but i try my hardest to stay away from GM foods. these companies are trying to own life man its a bunch of BS and i dont see how they are getting away with it.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

I dont know the specifics of how its made, but I do know that the monounsaturated to polyunsaturated fat ratio is very close to olive oil and it is much cheaper. I use it for this reason.

If you didnt know mono has been shown to raise testosterone and poly has been shown to decrease it. Also poly will decrease good cholesterol at higher levels.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

it used to be made from RAPESEED which contains eruric acid. this has a toxicity in humans.

Canola oil now is made from canola plants and have less then 1.5 % of the eruric acid which is deemed safe by the FDA who set the limit at 2%

with that said there can be a toxicity, and it does taste like ****. There are much better fat sources.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    it used to be made from RAPESEED which contains eruric acid. this has a toxicity in humans.

Canola oil now is made from canola plants and have less then 1.5 % of the eruric acid which is deemed safe by the FDA who set the limit at 2%

with that said there can be a toxicity, and it does taste like ****. There are much better fat sources.
    the seeds that make the plants is the GM part of it, they alter them so that they can spray insectisides on them but the way they do it is even worse than the poisons themselves.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

woww read this article, its from 2007 but i think it still applies:

http://www.enn.com/health/article/26199

"Lab animals fed GM crops had altered sperm cells and embryos, a five-fold increase in infant mortality, smaller brains, and a host of other problems."
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    woww read this article, its from 2007 but i think it still applies:

http://www.enn.com/health/article/26199

"Lab animals fed GM crops had altered sperm cells and embryos, a five-fold increase in infant mortality, smaller brains, and a host of other problems."
    ya man its no joke. the messed up thing about it is theirs no law saying they have to label any food thats GM so you have no idea what all your eating thats been messed with. i live in tx and i know a few farmers and its FU##ED up the stories they will tell me about cross polination which they have no control over and still getting sued for it. im telling you if these companies get their way (and i dont see anyone trying to stop them) all the food we eat will be owned by one company and will be GM
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyou View Post
    ya man its no joke. the messed up thing about it is theirs no law saying they have to label any food thats GM so you have no idea what all your eating thats been messed with. i live in tx and i know a few farmers and its FU##ED up the stories they will tell me about cross polination which they have no control over and still getting sued for it. im telling you if these companies get their way (and i dont see anyone trying to stop them) all the food we eat will be owned by one company and will be GM
    is it time to abandon society? stock up on guns, canned food, and vitamin C? I feel the need for a new, healthy eating, anabolic world.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

is it time to abandon society? stock up on guns, canned food, and vitamin C? I feel the need for a new, healthy eating, anabolic world.
    i was thinking along the lines of some fight club action lol
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyou View Post
    i was thinking along the lines of some fight club action lol
    hahah project "anabolic Mayhem"

blow up the FDA buildings and start over? im down

imagine finally having truthful food labels, banning hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. mandatory gym hours for everyone
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

hahah project "anabolic Mayhem"

blow up the FDA buildings and start over? im down

imagine finally having truthful food labels, banning hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. mandatory gym hours for everyone
    It's time to break out the cookbook

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dairy Free Cheese made of Canola oil
    By Whacked in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 07:17 AM
  2. Canola oil
    By mancstu in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 02:47 PM
  3. Canola Oil Omega 3 What You Should Know
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements