Please critique my diet

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. also, switch the oatmeal at 12:15 with the bagel at 3:30. the 3:30 is your preworkout meal so you want something lower GI than the bagel to give more sustained energy. I personally wouldnt be able to drink 8 oz of eggwhites 2.5 hrs before a workout without getting a little sick. then again most of my workouts are BJJ training which is lots of running around etc, perhaps if you are just lifting your stomach can handle it.

2. Here's a final draft...for now, of my diet:

7:40 a.m. – Awake

8:00 a.m. - 12oz. Water, 45g WPC, 1 cup ground whole oats, 2 Super EPA, 1 ADAM

9:30 a.m. - 400mg Sam-e

10:15 a.m. – 1 Natural PB&J sandwich on 100% WW, 8oz. liquid egg whites, 1 Liv52

12:30 p.m. – 9oz. 99% FF turkey burger, 1 slide reduced fat cheese, 2 cups WW pasta, 2 Super EPA, 1 ADAM

2:30 p.m. – 1 Chobani yogurt, 1 orange

4:00 p.m. – 8 oz. water, 1 cup ground whole oats, 8oz. liquid egg whites

5:15 p.m. – 1 banana

6:15-8:00 p.m. – 30g BCAA’s intra-workout

8:05 p.m. – 12oz. Water, 40g Dextrose, 45g WPI

9:15 p.m. – 6 Eggs (4 whole, 2 whites), 12oz. water, 1 cup ground whole oats, 2 Super EPA, 1 ADAM, 1 Liv52

11:00 p.m. – 12oz. Water, 45g Casein, 100mg 5-HTP

11:15 p.m. – Bed
    •   

3. bodybuilding wise its a solid diet. health wise im not so sure. there is only 1 piece of fruit and not a single serving of vegetables. all the carbs are starches so thats a pretty high GI/blood sugar to maintain throughout the day. also very acidic environment because of all the starches and no vegetables to balance out the PH. oats and pasta are very quick and easy but they dont provide any micronutrients besides insoluble fiber and simple carbs. multivitamin cant give you what you need. you gotta start substituting oats and pasta with vegetables and fruit and eat more lean meats (chicken/fish), turkey burgers are ok i guess i dont know much about them.

then again ive gone completely paleo, so this is a slightly biased opinion.

4. by the way I envy your 7:40 wake up. im doing 6:20 over here..

5. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    bodybuilding wise its a solid diet. health wise im not so sure. there is only 1 piece of fruit and not a single serving of vegetables. all the carbs are starches so thats a pretty high GI/blood sugar to maintain throughout the day. also very acidic environment because of all the starches and no vegetables to balance out the PH. oats and pasta are very quick and easy but they dont provide any micronutrients besides insoluble fiber and simple carbs. multivitamin cant give you what you need. you gotta start substituting oats and pasta with vegetables and fruit and eat more lean meats (chicken/fish), turkey burgers are ok i guess i dont know much about them.

then again ive gone completely paleo, so this is a slightly biased opinion.

I do value your opinion. I agree with the lack of fruits and veggies. However, it's difficult on the go. I tried to make my diet as unprocessed as possible. The turkey burger on certain days gets substitued with lean meats etc. as it also does in exchange with my eggs at night as well from time to time. My end goal may be slightly different than yours (i.e. bodybuilding to MMA), I'd like to optimize the diet in that respect. Regardless, added veggies and walnuts/almonds are a must. Just finding the spot where to properly insert them is the issue I need to look into.

...aren't you the one who said "You can handle more eggs!"

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    by the way I envy your 7:40 wake up. im doing 6:20 over here..

Yikes, 7:40 is hard enough for me. I couldn't imagine 6:20. I respect you.
    •   

6. Yea eggs are great, I eat them with no limit. However I eat them whole, whether scrambled or hard boiled. The egg white isnt very nutrient dense and is mostly good for just protein. The yolk is where you get 6 grams of fat and anabolic acids and compounds. So drinking eggwhites is good, but eating whole eggs is even better. You can always hardboil them at night for the next week, it literally takes minutes. if you are bulking and want more calories you can use 2 tbs of coconut/olive oil when you scramble. this beats desperately chasing calories later in the day.

As far as our diets differ, they dont really have to. you are eating oatmeal and pasta because you want to eat carbs and you want calories. you can get plenty of carbs from fruits and vegetables also. there is probably no issues to quickly replenish glycogen because you are not a pro athlete that trains 2-3 times a day: the carbs you eat with breakfast pretty much completely replenish the glycogen depleted from last night. so there is no difference in replenishing glycogen whether you eat oats or brocolli. the only difference however is in calories. it is very difficult to eat a ton of calories with vegetables because they are very filling, so its obviously easier to eat 100g of carbs through grains rather than vegetables. carbs, however, arent the reason why you gain muscle as you very well know. so you can get extra calories by eating nuts, which are fat and contain 9 calories per gram instead of 4 that carbs do. so if you are bulking you can get your surplus of calories through fats just as well. just like that our diets are pretty much going in the same direction.

nuts are best eaten as a between meal snack rather than a meal. get yourself a couple thousand pack of ziplock bags.

finally, matters of convenience. ive become a master of eating on the go. even though im not really "going" just sitting in an office all day, i pack a mean shopping bag full of food from home. i cook extra chicken and bring it to places with me. i bring a bowl/spoon/fork/knife anywhere i spend extended periods of time. i make friends with cafeteria people and local businesses. i got nuts stashed in every drawer of my desk. bringing with you fruit and veggies is just as easy as a bag of ground up oats, they are not dairy they will not spoil immediately in your car. so its just a matter of preparation, im sure you got an extra minute to throw some $hit in a bag and hit the road.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Please Critique my Diet
    By Jeff5886 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 10:41 AM
  2. CKD Diet Critique
    By OCCFan023 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 01:11 PM
  3. Critique my Diet
    By Testudo in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 06:43 PM
  4. Someone help me, Please Critique my diet.
    By Fun2Train in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
  5. Someone help me, Please Critique my diet.
    By Fun2Train in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 12:35 AM