Gallon of Milk a Day...

JassUSMC

JassUSMC

Awards
Anyone here ever do the Gallon of Milk a Day (GOMAD) diet? I tried it in Cuba. Didnt notice much weight gain, didnt **** my definition at all. Was interesting.

We have our Physical Fitness Test (PFT) this Friday, so Im thinking about starting up GOMAD again. I will be on my H-Drol stack in a few weeks, and my lifting is all Olympic lifts, and supplemental lifts for Oly Lifting. I dont know the exact science with GOMAD, but from what i've heard, the free fatty acids help release igf-1...which is why you'll have whole milk or 1-2%.

I might try it as an experiement. GOMAD, plus hdrol stack, and Oly lifting (and copious amounts of running, thanks to the Corps)...Sounds like a good combination.

UKStrength

There's a decent amount of calories in 2% milk, for a gallon you're looking at ~2000kcal, hence why the GOMAD routine is good for packing on weight (liquid calories are easier to take in).

There is some evidence that caseinates help release IGF-I but at the end of the day if you're taking in a surplus amount of calories and lifting you'll grow.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have heard/seen people doing it. I always hear warnings about sodium is all, but then again its a short term deal.

Interesting thhough, half a gallon of 2% a day would be an extra 1000kcal? That would be pretty amazing for bulks.

UKStrength

Interesting thhough, half a gallon of 2% a day would be an extra 1000kcal? That would be pretty amazing for bulks.
According to fitday, yup, a grand of cals...;)

I personally would be confined to the bathroom with that much lactose, but a 'hardgainer' could easily add those cals to their diet just by drinking milk at every meal.

I don't think the sodium is a problem unless they have circulatory issues.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

I personally would be confined to the bathroom with that much lactose, but a 'hardgainer' could easily add those cals to their diet just by drinking milk at every meal.

I am a hard gainer, but through massive stuffing of my pie hole, killing it in the gym, I am overcoming that term. Took me a year and a half to get to that point, but OORAH!

1K worth of cals is always welcome. Then again I have all but cut cardio to allow this weight to be put on. I think milk may have just become my other weapon beside Tuna!

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I'd get sick of milk waayy to fast to do this... Although i could just mix it into the Shakes.

musclejunkie

Awards
I would do this in a heart beat id use whole milk tho even tho im not used to it its higher in calories and im a ecto. however convincing my mom to get 7 gallons of milk a week isn't easy shes already pissed at the amount im eating

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
2 eggs
1 cup oats
1 banana
2 scoops protein
1/2 cup cottage cheese
water to desired thickness
blend

Almost 1k drinkablecals with roughly a 40/40/20 split without tons of lactose or sodium (inexpenive too).
Add some psyllium and powdered greens and your doing your body a favor at the same time as bulking instead of consuming in excess.

Just my opinion in the matter.

JassUSMC

JassUSMC

Awards
That sounds like a lot of preparing. Im a Marine, I aint got time to bleed! Lol, always wanted to say that = P

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
That sounds like a lot of preparing. Im a Marine, I aint got time to bleed! Lol, always wanted to say that = P

All ingredients go into blender in less than a minute. About the time it takes me to field strip my AR-15. :D

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Price of just half a gallon milk in comparison though?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I totally see your point but:

Price in what? Dollars or your health?

1 cup of sugar is almost 1k cals and the cost is but pocket change.

My point was to consider an alternative that has a myriad of beneficial health aspects, packs the calories desired (and in a nice ratio btw) and is still in a drinkable form.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established

i got a half gallon of lactaid milk in my fridge for this reason. lactase pills dont work for me. just trying to find it in bulk as the price is over three times higher than regular milk and i cant find it in gallon jugs :-/

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2 eggs
1 cup oats
1 banana
2 scoops protein
1/2 cup cottage cheese
blend

Almost 1k drinkablecals with roughly a 40/40/20 split without tons of lactose or sodium (inexpenive too).
Add some psyllium and powdered greens and your doing your body a favor at the same time as bulking instead of consuming in excess.

Replace the cottage cheese with natural yoghurt and it's my daily 2nd meal.

I might throw in some frozen blueberries or sometime whole kiwifruit - skin on to get the additional fibre and nutrients. Still tastes fkg A

UKStrength

i got a half gallon of lactaid milk in my fridge for this reason. lactase pills dont work for me. just trying to find it in bulk as the price is over three times higher than regular milk and i cant find it in gallon jugs :-/
Yeah I love the lactaid milk but it is WAY overpriced.

I just stick to small amounts of cultured yogurts and cottage cheese, no problems with those.

JassUSMC

JassUSMC

Awards
2 eggs
1 cup oats
1 banana
2 scoops protein
1/2 cup cottage cheese
blend

How much does that make? Like, can I make that, and will last me through the day? I dont have much time to my self, besides once im off work. I eat at the chowhall for all my meals, and try to throw in **** between (usually cant, as usually busy). Which is why having a few gallons of milk is awesome, as I can grab it, chug some down, and be out the door.

If your **** has a good quantity, then I may try it. But if I dont access it/drink it fast/be in and out with it, then...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I totally see your point but:

Price in what? Dollars or your health?

1 cup of sugar is almost 1k cals and the cost is but pocket change.

My point was to consider an alternative that has a myriad of beneficial health aspects, packs the calories desired (and in a nice ratio btw) and is still in a drinkable form.
what does a half cup of corn oil cost? :)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How much does that make? Like, can I make that, and will last me through the day? I dont have much time to my self, besides once im off work. I eat at the chowhall for all my meals, and try to throw in **** between (usually cant, as usually busy). Which is why having a few gallons of milk is awesome, as I can grab it, chug some down, and be out the door.

If your **** has a good quantity, then I may try it. But if I dont access it/drink it fast/be in and out with it, then...
You can make as much of it as you like, but best consumed within say 6-8hrs

For a while there I was drinking half, and putting the rest in a thermos for the afternoon. Mine worked out to be 2x 500ml serves @ ~ 600cal per serve

Ultimate weight-gainer :thumbsup:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do very often actually. On the way to the gym I pick up a gallon of either skim, or lowfat, and sip it over a 4 hour period or so. Easy protein when in a hurry, and def can use the calories as I usually have a hard time getting enough in.

Ceckert51

Awards
i did not think if you were in the marines you were able to take pro hormones. i am leaving for boot camp in december and i wanna bulk up can i take a ph

JassUSMC

JassUSMC

Awards
i did not think if you were in the marines you were able to take pro hormones. i am leaving for boot camp in december and i wanna bulk up can i take a ph
Well, our OIC (officer in charge) knows that a few people in our platoon take PH's, some just started Winny and injectables...Mission accomplishment.

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
I drink lots of skim milk, maybe a quarter a day, but not a gallon. Main reason is the sugar.

12/g sugar in crap load of servings per gallon.

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
wish we had that milk here in tx

this is the regular skim 0% fat milk nutritional facts

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 cup

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
Calories 90

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 130mg 5%
Potassium 410mg
Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 12g
Protein 8g

Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 30% Iron 0%

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
walmart here carries the 2%, not the skim. which is still better than normal :)

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
My problem with milk is not the calories/sugar/sodium/fat its the way its made. Everyone knows our agriculture is cost oriented so they dont sweat too much about the final product, just the bottom line. Unles you are getting guaranteed organic milk, there are a couple differences. The broke farmer these days isnt investing in quality food for the cows, not even hay or grains... Often times they eat the beet from sugar refineries, wastes from breweries, potatoes, etc. Then the cows get sick and everyone starts shooting them with antibiotics to try to make the poor thing live a little longer. From there its a trial and error: if 1 antibiotic helps then alright, if not then lets shoot another few and see what happens. These arent patients with a health file and a family physician, just tens of thousands of animals, obviously care isnt the same. The pasteurizing process also eliminates many of milk's nutritional properties, and makes the calcium very difficult to actually digest.

The process of homogenization (forcing milk through a tiny passage at insane amounts of pressure) in turn make the milk globules very small. Usually those globules are big and can't penetrate into the blood stream, but after this process they are broken down and get into the blood stream clogging arteries.

Just playing the devils advocate, I dont wanna spend a bunch of money on organic milk when I can get all the same nutrients elsewhere. Plus Milk REALLY slows my digestion I dont know about anyone else. I remember when I was trying to gain weight a few years ago and drank all my shakes with milk. While at the same time it worked, I felt very bloated for a long time and only found relief when I cleansed my colon. I guess its good for some and not for others.

JassUSMC

JassUSMC

Awards
I'd love to find Raw Milk, but im in Spain...and on a military base. Very limited resources.

Either way, I havent been drink a gallon a day, but i've been chugging as much as I can, whenever I can. I plan to do it while im on my stack, then when I PCT, i'll drop the milk and just be protein and food...

(Btw, only reason im not taking protein is the exchange only sells ****ty kind and way over priced, 34$ for 2.5lbs. I just ordered a 10lbs bag for 74$, so it should be here next week.)

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My problem with milk is not the calories/sugar/sodium/fat its the way its made. Everyone knows our agriculture is cost oriented so they dont sweat too much about the final product, just the bottom line. Unles you are getting guaranteed organic milk, there are a couple differences. The broke farmer these days isnt investing in quality food for the cows, not even hay or grains... Often times they eat the beet from sugar refineries, wastes from breweries, potatoes, etc. Then the cows get sick and everyone starts shooting them with antibiotics to try to make the poor thing live a little longer. From there its a trial and error: if 1 antibiotic helps then alright, if not then lets shoot another few and see what happens. These arent patients with a health file and a family physician, just tens of thousands of animals, obviously care isnt the same. The pasteurizing process also eliminates many of milk's nutritional properties, and makes the calcium very difficult to actually digest.

The process of homogenization (forcing milk through a tiny passage at insane amounts of pressure) in turn make the milk globules very small. Usually those globules are big and can't penetrate into the blood stream, but after this process they are broken down and get into the blood stream clogging arteries.

Just playing the devils advocate, I dont wanna spend a bunch of money on organic milk when I can get all the same nutrients elsewhere. Plus Milk REALLY slows my digestion I dont know about anyone else. I remember when I was trying to gain weight a few years ago and drank all my shakes with milk. While at the same time it worked, I felt very bloated for a long time and only found relief when I cleansed my colon. I guess its good for some and not for others.
Excellent post, Repped.