Is Subway good for you?

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    http://www.subway.com/Nutrition/File...ngredients.pdf
    I don't see 20 ingredients for vegetables and go to your local supermarket and pick up a package of deli meat or prepackages meat and you will find the same thing.
    they aren't going to sell organic foods at subway
    Of course other deli meats are going to have the same trash that's not even remotely close to this argument. The argument is whether or not Subway is healthy and it quite simply is not. Processed white bread and garbage, additive laden meat is not healthy period. Of course there are better options or worse options thats not the point. The point is that Subway is not good for you.

I was wrong on the vegetables and 20 ingredients. Must have seen an incorrect list. However, thats not to say they arent some garbage gmo variety. Who knows there.

What that list does tell you is that every one of those breads is nothing more than refined white bread and the meats are trash.

2. Also, that chicken breast looks remarkably similar to what mechanically separated chicken is. For those of you not familiar, google it and keep a barf bag handy
    •   

3. I used to work at subway... Never eating there after working there that place is fukin gross. Microwaved soup ha wtf? It's supposed to be healthy not Some cambells soup thrown in a fukin microwave. The bread comes in a box which is as bad as the meat which is practically dog ass. Don't eat there they have cockroaches and dropped everything on the ground that you consume. Fuk subway cheap fuks

4. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    I actually carry more LBM than a lot of ppl my age at my stats
    .... And that ain't sayin much

5. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    I actually carry more LBM than a lot of ppl my age at my stats
    Fortunately you can just starve if you're looking for a ratio only. If you want an impressive fat to muscle ratio though, build some muscle before you go throwing composition insults around, especially when they don't even make sense. Google "inference" too.

The concern over highly processed meat is legitimate and it should've been left at that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    Also, that chicken breast looks remarkably similar to what mechanically separated chicken is. For those of you not familiar, google it and keep a barf bag handy
    It's processed and bleached , re-purposed chicken parts pressed into a chicken breast shape to create the illusion of eating a healthy product. Basically what you're eating is a large un-breaded chicken nugget served on a chemical loaf garnished with low cost genetically engineered vegetables. "That's subway fresh"!

7. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    It's processed and bleached , re-purposed chicken parts pressed into a chicken breast shape to create the illusion of eating a healthy product. Basically what you're eating is a large un-breaded chicken nugget served on a chemical loaf garnished with low cost genetically engineered vegetables. "That's subway fresh"!
    Exactly what I was thinking. Im going to leave it at that. If the OP can't decide after this, than that is his fault

8. Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    Of course other deli meats are going to have the same trash that's not even remotely close to this argument. The argument is whether or not Subway is healthy and it quite simply is not. Processed white bread and garbage, additive laden meat is not healthy period. Of course there are better options or worse options thats not the point. The point is that Subway is not good for you.

I was wrong on the vegetables and 20 ingredients. Must have seen an incorrect list. However, thats not to say they arent some garbage gmo variety. Who knows there.

What that list does tell you is that every one of those breads is nothing more than refined white bread and the meats are trash.
    agreed with this and yes I know the meat is grade "A" but its not any worse than deli meat at your local store
    1300 pound club, 1400 in site

9. Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Fortunately you can just starve if you're looking for a ratio only. If you want an impressive fat to muscle ratio though, build some muscle before you go throwing composition insults around, especially when they don't even make sense. Google "inference" too.

The concern over highly processed meat is legitimate and it should've been left at that.
    I wasn't the one who made a personal insult first anyway.

10. Just like any other restaurant it all depends on what you order
    •   

11. I just pounded out a 6in chipotle steak and avacodo... delish.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    Body Performance Solutions Rep

12. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    I just pounded out a 6in chipotle steak and avacodo... delish.
    Yummy

13. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    agreed with this and yes I know the meat is grade "A" but its not any worse than deli meat at your local store
    I agree other than maybe top stuff like Boars Head. I never claimed it was any worse. The op just asked if Subway was a healthy meal option or not and it isn't. That is not me saying its the worst stuff in the world, it just isn't healthy

14. I've found that a whole chicken on the grill, beer can style preferrably, makes a great sandwhich. You can even buy an organic chicken. Shred it on a whole wheat bun with onion, avocado, tomato and garlic pesto with provolone.

Roasted pork tenderloin, roast beef, beef tenderloin...

All of these can be bought whole and made at home, even organic varieties from the bread and veggies to the meat and cheese. The sandwich will absolutely be identifiable from Subway, and healthier. Even on a Submarine style roll.

15. well if you guys are looking for organic, non preservative then your food choices are going to be pretty limited anyways and yes subway would not be an option for you then.

16. You guys are pretty rude to each other we all just want to be healthy and support eachother it was pretty funny reading the posts tho gotta admit! scrawny ass hahaha jk you gym monkeys im still going to eat at subway!

17. How can this even be a argument !! Subway is shat!! It's all processed crap . Loaded with useless carbs , little to no protein ohh but hey is low in fat ! Haha

Go get a chicken breast from that dump and break it in half . The damn thing has air pockets in it .

Plus they are all owned by rude ass people . At least in my neck of the woods .
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

18. Are the Lay's baked chips ok? Lol

19. Quote Originally Posted by Vinnyboombots View Post
    Are the Lay's baked chips ok? Lol
    When they taste like cardboard and have almost the same calories as regular chips ? Not really

20. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post
    When they taste like cardboard and have almost the same calories as regular chips ? Not really
    What about the cookies?

21. Quote Originally Posted by jiggero View Post
    What about the cookies?
    Do they contain nitrates?

22. Quote Originally Posted by jiggero View Post
    What about the cookies?
    The cookies are good because they contain love!

23. Quote Originally Posted by jiggero View Post

What about the cookies?
    Just like mommy's. Lol

24. Quote Originally Posted by jiggero View Post

Do they contain nitrates?
    No nitrates just a lot of sugar.

25. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post

The cookies are good because they contain love!
    Rude ass people make cookies with love in them? Iono if thats the kind of love you want in your mouth. Lol

26. Quote Originally Posted by healthychaser View Post
    You guys are pretty rude to each other we all just want to be healthy and support eachother it was pretty funny reading the posts tho gotta admit! scrawny ass hahaha jk you gym monkeys im still going to eat at subway!
    Just tellin it like it is. Some people are just too dumb to be treated nice once its obvious they're just not gonna get it.

27. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post
    ya baked chips taste like ass

28. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

Rude ass people make cookies with love in them? Iono if thats the kind of love you want in your mouth. Lol
    They can't all be rude.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Vinnyboombots View Post
    They can't all be rude.
    Typically fast food places have kids working in them or adults that have completely failed at life . That usually ='s rude

30. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post

Typically fast food places have kids working in them or adults that have completely failed at life . That usually ='s rude
    I know, I was joking

Similar Forum Threads

1. Favorite Subway Sub???
    By 4evathrowed in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 10:42 PM
  2. What would your Subway Sub look like?
    By fisher300 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 11:25 AM
  3. Subway Jared
    By T-Bone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 09:33 PM
  4. Subway Question
    By bigred869 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 02:00 PM