alcohol?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.93%

alcohol?

not sure if this has been posted but i completely stopped drinking beer. what's a safe drink to have if i go out that wont affect me as far as all the supplements i take and the training i do? im 24 years old and single so you guys know how it is!

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.08%

what supplements are u taking? whats ur body type? how much do u wanna drink? Do u use any hormonal supps? I can give u some advice i use when i have to go out and do consume some alcohol but its not very fun, A LOT of food and A ton of water..
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.93%

Quote Originally Posted by slacker86 View Post
    what supplements are u taking? whats ur body type? how much do u wanna drink? Do u use any hormonal supps? I can give u some advice i use when i have to go out and do consume some alcohol but its not very fun, A LOT of food and A ton of water..
    im stacking cl products, 5'9 175, i dont wanna drink to much. for ex on saturday a had 6 shots of don julio and grey goose with cranberry. i was feeling ok!
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.08%

Yeah man 6 drinks is a lil more than i usually do. But this is my advice and this is just personal experience. If your going to drink alcohol drink as MUCH water as possible when you get home and take a multivitamin and eat something with some protein and carbs and as little fat as possible. The only other thing i have to say about alcohol is that it has the same caloric value as fat (9k/cal per grams) on shot is an ounce of liquid, so roughly without the extra units its 28 grams. 28 x 9 = 252 calories.. thats just something to keep in mind. Plus the sleep you get isnt as good as sober sleep, not to mention the dehydration your muscles go thru (why i drink as much water and vitamins and eat). So just do as little as you can. I personally dont touch alcohol that frequently so 2-3 drinks usually gives me enough of a buzz in social situations.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.45%

Yeah man 6 drinks is a lil more than i usually do. But this is my advice and this is just personal experience. If your going to drink alcohol drink as MUCH water as possible when you get home and take a multivitamin and eat something with some protein and carbs and as little fat as possible. The only other thing i have to say about alcohol is that it has the same caloric value as fat (9k/cal per grams) on shot is an ounce of liquid, so roughly without the extra units its 28 grams. 28 x 9 = 252 calories.. thats just something to keep in mind. Plus the sleep you get isnt as good as sober sleep, not to mention the dehydration your muscles go thru (why i drink as much water and vitamins and eat). So just do as little as you can. I personally dont touch alcohol that frequently so 2-3 drinks usually gives me enough of a buzz in social situations.

No disrespect, but you are incorrect, alcohol is 7 grams.

As far as drinking, if you are trying to lose fat, and are going out drinking often, forget about it. If you are just trying to gain size, you should be fine. If you are taking any prohormones, I would get something for your insides.

You want to stay away from the fruity and sugary crap. When I drink, I go vodka/soda with a couple slices of lime(tonic is bad/sugary). Safest route imo.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Jda777 View Post
    No disrespect, but you are incorrect, alcohol is 7 grams.

As far as drinking, if you are trying to lose fat, and are going out drinking often, forget about it. If you are just trying to gain size, you should be fine. If you are taking any prohormones, I would get something for your insides.

You want to stay away from the fruity and sugary crap. When I drink, I go vodka/soda with a couple slices of lime(tonic is bad/sugary). Safest route imo.
    No thats true my bad, still much more than the 4 that carbs and protein are tho..
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.45%

No thats true my bad, still much more than the 4 that carbs and protein are tho..
    any really f's up fat loss and lowers test production.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.89%

NAC before drinking, taurine before/during/after, milk thistle, multivitamin, food, water. There's no safe drink. The simplest answer is the best choice = whatever gets you buzzed with the least amount of kcals consumed. That normally means stuff with higher % alcohol.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.84%

Fresca (which is diet), Vodka, Lime wedge and a splash of low cal orange juice.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'6"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.46%

I drink about one night a week... is this hurt my chances of getting bigger?
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19%

I always have Vodka and orange when drinkin and have never seen any diminishing results
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85%

Quote Originally Posted by R6AAC View Post
    not sure if this has been posted but i completely stopped drinking beer. what's a safe drink to have if i go out that wont affect me as far as all the supplements i take and the training i do? im 24 years old and single so you guys know how it is!
    Well, all I can suggest to you, actually, is water. No other drinks except WATER. Why? Because water holds a huge part in our body on our daily living, specially you. You said you are in a training...
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.45%

Quote Originally Posted by margarette29 View Post
    Well, all I can suggest to you, actually, is water. No other drinks except WATER. Why? Because water holds a huge part in our body on our daily living, specially you. You said you are in a training...
    There is water in a vodka soda!

One night a week is cool. But if you do more than that, you will slow your progress.

Good luck.

If you are cutting, just do soda water or a diet coke mixed with your alcohol.

If you don't care about getting cut, it doesn't matter, you can drink juices, sugary mixers, etc....
  14. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by R6AAC View Post
    I gave up drinking years ago, I take my training far too seriously! It depends really what 'supplements' you're taking as alcohol taxes the liver quite a lot.

If you're taking any DS/PH I'd stay WELL away from it until you're completely off cycle.

If you're not on cycle, just a moderate amount of any drink will be ok (2-3 units) and (probably) not affect training too much.

Alcohol itself is often mixed in drinks to make the overall package high in calories, a standard beer can be anywhere between 200-300 kcal per pint, alcopops (VK, WKD etc) around 200kcal and cocktails and mixers can vary enormously depending on the bar ingredients.

If you really need a drink, have what you want but just use moderation, perhaps stick to straight liquor over ice if you don't want the mixer.
  15. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Getting smashed 1 day a week is fine as long as your're feeling well enough to eat the next day.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.53%

Alcohol, in moderation, can be fun every once in a while in the right situation. However, you have to take the good with the bad. You have to understand that if you're goals are to try to build muscle or to try and lose fat, alcohol will put a stop to those processes going on in the body and will likely affect you the following day, and possibly even longer (like 1-2 days afterwards). I think a lot of it has to do with the individual. I've seen younger people drink quite often and still make decent progress, while if I did the same, it just wouldn't work. So my advice, as a hard gainer: if it takes a LOT of effort to put on lean mass, just stay away from the drink as much as possible.

The following article hits on this topic quite throughly...

Bodybuilding and Alcohol: Do they Mix? - David Robinson
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson11.htm

P.S - In the long run, you can obviously still make progress even if you enjoy drinking on occasion; it will just come slower. This is assuming you're not getting tanked every weekend, which is a different story.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alcohol
    By zombiemuscle in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 11:32 AM
  2. Nolvadex suspended in Alcohol or any form of alcohol in it?
    By schwellington in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 03:15 PM
  3. alcohol
    By deadlift18 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
  4. Alcohol
    By TheKashi in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 06:56 AM
  5. Alcohol and S.E.R.Ms