what % of sugar in fruits/veggies is fructose?
- 03-29-2009, 11:29 AM
- 03-29-2009, 03:45 PM
You're overthinking nutrition.
Fruits & vegs > processed carbs.
- 04-09-2009, 11:37 AM
bump...reason im asking is cause i puke if i try to eat 4500 cals of 3 servings of oats + other stuff...its a lot easier to get the cals from orange juice/grape juice...i avoid gatoraide.
processed or not i think your insulin levels/fat storage react as if this were drinking a few bottles of coke a day.
04-09-2009, 11:38 AM
04-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Also degree of ripeness affects the sugar breakdown. Search for Green Banana for info
04-09-2009, 04:24 PM
04-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Also HFCS is synthetic (ie not naturally found in foods), i believe they just add an extra Hydrogen to fructose which makes it difficult for the body to breakdown, so it is more likely to be stored as fat than used as energy
04-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By ItsHectic in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 23Last Post: 02-28-2011, 05:51 PM
- By MakaveliThaDon in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 06-13-2010, 10:37 PM
- By Manimalia in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 40Last Post: 05-05-2008, 01:19 PM
- By sundevil04 in forum SupplementsReplies: 15Last Post: 01-25-2008, 11:09 AM
- By yeahright in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 0Last Post: 06-14-2006, 11:49 PM