LOL Red Meat Leads to Death - AnabolicMinds.com

LOL Red Meat Leads to Death

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member

LOL Red Meat Leads to Death

Want to live longer? Cut back on red meat - CNN.com

What they dont mention is the affects of a sensible diet with Lean red meat not the fatty hamburger variety.

2. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug8796 View Post
    Want to live longer? Cut back on red meat - CNN.com

What they dont mention is the affects of a sensible diet with Lean red meat not the fatty hamburger variety.
    It's not just the fat - or the hormones - or the antibiotics. Red meat is hard to digest and clogs your system. I keep my consumption down to 1 or 2 servings per week. There are plenty of other good protein sources. You don't need it to get big or strong. If you don't believe me take a look at Bill Pearl. He built his body on dairy products and eggs. Check out the photos of him in his mid to late 50s http://www.shelterpub.com/_fitness/_...rl_photos.html
  3. New Member

red meat is easier to digest then most grains and veggies, nuts, seeds...

the only thing that digest easier is eggs, milk and fruits

red meat is natures best food for humans

btw those studies are completely useless junk... i dont even bother to read them anymore
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

i'll be eating 2lbs a day soon...mmmmm beef. studies like this just make me wanna eat even more just to prove you can eat what you want and stay healthy and look good!
  5. Senior Member

I work at a BBQ part time and I go to town on the lean brisket.
  6. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I just saw this on yahoo...LOL.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

What would my Saturday & Sunday meals come to? I eat it twice a week w/that sinful plain bagel and enjoy every last bite. I think they're referring to that Butter Soaked Sirloin at the Outback. That shady restaurant that refuses to publish their nutritional value on their foods. For that reason too probably. Or that gut rot steak that Guy from the food network advertises in those stupid TGI Fridays comercials. That overgrown garbage pail kid advertising any kind of food, would surely deter me on sight.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

THIS JUST IN:

Life leads to death

*shock*
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

I hate the girls who choose not to eat read meat because of a book they read by a woman that talks about the antibiotics given to the animals. They fail to realize that mostly all of the fruits, vegetables, and grains they eat have been sprayed by pesticides and such.

...Had the argument a million times with my gf who doesn't eat red meat
  10. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by raginfcktard View Post
    i'll be eating 2lbs a day soon...mmmmm beef. studies like this just make me wanna eat even more just to prove you can eat what you want and stay healthy and look good!
    When it comes to a steak, I like mine rare and dripping blood. I understand your desire to prove the medical community wrong. Unfortunately it will take years to see the outcome of your quest. For me the proof is in the Shepard's pie. I've seen how avid meat eaters age - have quite a few in my family. Believe me, none of them looks nearly as good as Bill Pearl. If you want to avoid arthritis, gall bladder disease, gout, coronary disease, liver and gastrointestinal disorders then limit your intake of red meat. There may be other associated afflictions, but I can only speak from family experience. Either you eat to live or live to eat. I believe either philosophy has it's merits. It all depends on what you value.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

P.S. after reading this I got really hungry and went to the fridge for some of my mom's brisket. Gotta love coming home to good food
  12. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by buuzer0 View Post
    THIS JUST IN:

Life leads to death

*shock*
    We start dying the moment we are born. How we die is another matter. I for one, don't want my kids wiping my helpless ass. I've seen a lot of people age and die. The end is never a problem; it's usually the events leading up to. Life without joy is not worth living. We can't have it all so we trade things. Again, it's all about values. For some, the pleasure of eating comes first. I'm not knocking it. I've just been around long enough to know the price.
  13. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by killfat View Post
    What would my Saturday & Sunday meals come to? I eat it twice a week w/that sinful plain bagel and enjoy every last bite. I think they're referring to that Butter Soaked Sirloin at the Outback. That shady restaurant that refuses to publish their nutritional value on their foods. For that reason too probably. Or that gut rot steak that Guy from the food network advertises in those stupid TGI Fridays comercials. That overgrown garbage pail kid advertising any kind of food, would surely deter me on sight.
    He's on my Dead Pool for this year. Heart Attack by October.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  14. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    red meat is easier to digest then most grains and veggies, nuts, seeds...

the only thing that digest easier is eggs, milk and fruits

red meat is natures best food for humans

btw those studies are completely useless junk... i dont even bother to read them anymore
    Red meat can stay in your colon for 50 years. It eventually becomes hard and attaches to the lining of your colon and intestines blocking the absorption of nutrients. Check it out.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    He's on my Dead Pool for this year. Heart Attack by October.
    hahaha lol
  16. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    Red meat can stay in your colon for 50 years. It eventually becomes hard and attaches to the lining of your colon and intestines blocking the absorption of nutrients. Check it out.
    Source?

/MANY doctors that perform autopsies would take issue with this claim.
  17. Advanced Member

I saw this on good morning America this morning. Not sure I buy the whole "red meat is dangerous" thing. Carl on Super Human Radio will be discussing this very issue tonight.
  18. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tyler4 View Post
    I saw this on good morning America this morning. Not sure I buy the whole "red meat is dangerous" thing. Carl on Super Human Radio will be discussing this very issue tonight.
    Carl rocks...very smart man.
  19. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I hate to break it to you but I tend to see that as an urban legend. I have had several colonoscopies in the last 10 years and no reports of beef products attached to the lining of my colon...and it ain't for the lack of looking.
  20. Advanced Member

Carl rocks...very smart man.
    He is very smart and he has very smart people on the show. I just wish they had the show on podcast!
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

That whole food trapped in your colon for centuries I think is such a marketing ploy on men. Women have been targeted w/weight loss and beauty products since the dawn of time but it seems that they target men w/that because men are 'meat eaters' and what better way to push those detox products. I never see this to be a huge issue on those anatomy shows wherein they dissect the whole body and pull out the kitchen sink but alas, the colon track normal.
  22. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    I hate to break it to you but I tend to see that as an urban legend. I have had several colonoscopies in the last 10 years and no reports of beef products attached to the lining of my colon...and it ain't for the lack of looking.
    Please note I used the word can. I did not say it will stay in your colon, but if you're a heavy meat eater, and don't eat enough fiber it's a likely occurrence. Five years a go I read up on this but can't recall my sources. My wife was my main concern. She had a foot of intestine removed from her at the age of 45. She is not an over eater or fat person by any means. It was scary!

Undigested meat eventually becomes post-putrefaction, and it does not resemble meat. It's also the hardest substance in the colon. Here's a link that describes the process: http://www.articlealley.com/article_78994_17.html It's from an ad. I'm sure there's better material out there if you're interested.

Unless your doctor said your colon was squeaky clean consider the possibility.
  23. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Source?

/MANY doctors that perform autopsies would take issue with this claim.
    Why would autopsy doctors take issue with it? I don't have sources to support my claim, but I'm sure they are available. You sell colon cleanses. Have you seen the results?
  24. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Why would autopsy doctors take issue with it? I don't have sources to support my claim, but I'm sure they are available. You sell colon cleanses. Have you ever tried them?
    I do not sell colon cleanses...and autopsy doctors have seen MANY MANY colons post mortem, and they are the ones coming forward calling BS on the whole "meat buildup" myth.
  25. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Please note I used the word can. I did not say it will stay in your colon, but if you're a heavy meat eater, and don't eat enough fiber it's a likely occurrence. Five years a go I read up on this but can't recall my sources. My wife was my main concern. She had a foot of intestine removed from her at the age of 45. She is not an over eater or fat person by any means. It was scary!

Undigested meat eventually becomes post-putrefaction, and it does not resemble meat. It's also the hardest substance in the colon. Here's a link that describes the process: http://www.articlealley.com/article_78994_17.html It's from an ad. I'm sure there's better material out there if you're interested.

Unless your doctor said your colon was squeaky clean consider the possibility.
    My suspicion is that lack of fiber in the diet is the culprit. I believe that the beef intake is casual and not causation. JMHO.

BTW, my sympathies for you and your wife's scare.

My colon was squeaky clean, less of course the benign polyp removal. I have a genetic predisposition (biological father) so I have been very proactive and consume high amounts of fiber on a regular basis.

Interesting read: http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtbeef.html
  26. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by killfat View Post
    That whole food trapped in your colon for centuries I think is such a marketing ploy on men. Women have been targeted w/weight loss and beauty products since the dawn of time but it seems that they target men w/that because men are 'meat eaters' and what better way to push those detox products. I never see this to be a huge issue on those anatomy shows wherein they dissect the whole body and pull out the kitchen sink but alas, the colon track normal.
    It's not all about weight loss.

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cg...ract/66/3/1859
    http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/content
    http://www.newsmax.com/health/meat_l.../11/56059.html
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

[QUOTE=colkurtz_spf;1878598]i I don't have sources to support my claim, QUOTE]

Heres the key.The end. Naturopaths are not doctors,surgeons or anyone that actually looks inside the human body. They are marketers who want to sell their product plain and simple.They are also hippies for the most part that thrive on conspiricy theory. Red meat does not stay in your colon for 50 years, that is utter B.S. Same goes for bubblegum and multivitamins.
  28. NutraPlanet Fanatic

[QUOTE=TheLastRonin;1878618]
    i I don't have sources to support my claim, QUOTE]

Heres the key.The end. Naturopaths are not doctors,surgeons or anyone that actually looks inside the human body. They are marketers who want to sell their product plain and simple.They are also hippies for the most part that thrive on conspiricy theory. Red meat does not stay in you colon for 50 years, that is utter B.S. Same goes for bubblegum and multivitamins.
    Phew...I guess I can proceed with my new Beef-Based Multivitamin Gum!!
  29. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    My suspicion is that lack of fiber in the diet is the culprit. I believe that the beef intake is casual and causation. JMHO.

BTW, my sympathies for you and your wife's scare.

My colon was squeaky clean, less of course the benign polyp removal. I have a genetic predisposition (biological father) so I have been very proactive and consume high amounts of fiber on a regular basis.

Interesting read: http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtbeef.html
    Thanks for your sympathy. My wife is doing much better now. She and I both have families with a histories of colon problems. Unfortunately, my 16 year old kid eats red meat 24/7.
  30. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

[QUOTE=TheLastRonin;1878618]
    i I don't have sources to support my claim, QUOTE]

Heres the key.The end. Naturopaths are not doctors,surgeons or anyone that actually looks inside the human body. They are marketers who want to sell their product plain and simple.They are also hippies for the most part that thrive on conspiricy theory. Red meat does not stay in you colon for 50 years, that is utter B.S. Same goes for bubblegum and multivitamins.
    That's fine for you to say, but you have not shown any material supporting your statement either. My source was not an ad. Unfortunately I read it 5 years ago - I do a lot of reading. I assure you my effort was serious.
  31. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

I do not sell colon cleanses...and autopsy doctors have seen MANY MANY colons post mortem, and they are the ones coming forward calling BS on the whole "meat buildup" myth.
    Because of your reputation, I'll take your word for it. I apologize for saying you sell colon cleanses. I forgot that in the past I had purchased elsewhere.
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Those studies are ludacris. One had only 21 people. One had overlapping meat products bieng used.

Here is is a better one http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/169/6/562
    "Results
    During 10 years of follow-up, there were 47 976 male deaths and 23 276 female deaths. In general, those in the highest quintile of red meat intake tended to consume a slightly lower amount of white meat but a higher amount of processed meat compared with those in the lowest quintile. Subjects who consumed more red meat tended to be married, more likely of non-Hispanic white ethnicity, more likely a current smoker, have a higher body mass index, and have a higher daily intake of energy, total fat, and saturated fat, and they tended to have lower education and physical activity levels and lower fruit, vegetable, fiber, and vitamin supplement intakes"

There seems to be alot more involved than just eating red meat.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10918988

http://www.csiro.au/news/TWD-public-health.html

http://www.mla.com.au/NR/rdonlyres/3...sonourside.pdf

http://www.themainmeal.com.au/NR/rdo...rients_99k.pdf

http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/.../msg00098.html
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

Post of mine from other red meat thread,
    ;"The latest United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Nutrient Database shows that 19 cuts of beef meet government guidelines for "lean," including many of America's favorites like tenderloin, T-bone steak and 95 percent lean ground beef. And, 12 of these beef cuts have, on average, only one more gram -- or less -- of saturated fat than a skinless chicken breast (per 3-ounce serving).The 19 lean cuts, beginning with the leanest, include: eye round roast, top round steak, mock tender steak, bottom round roast, top sirloin steak, round tip roast, 95 percent lean ground beef, brisket (flat half), shank crosscuts, chuck shoulder roast, arm pot roast, shoulder steak, top loin (strip or New York) steak, flank steak, ribeye steak, rib steak, tri-tip roast, tenderloin steak and T-bone steak. These 19 beef cuts meet government guidelines for lean with less than 10 grams of total fat, 4.5 grams or less of saturated fat, and less than 95 milligrams of cholesterol per serving. Beyond lean beef's favorable fat profile, beef is -- and has always been -- a nutrient-rich powerhouse. Just one 3-ounce serving of beef is an excellent source of five essential nutrients: protein, zinc, vitamin B12, selenium and phosphorous. The same serving size is also a good source of four essential nutrients: niacin, vitamin B6, iron and riboflavin.In addition, beef's fat profile is generally misunderstood. Half the fatty acids in a 3-ounce serving of lean beef are monounsaturated fatty acids -- the same heart-healthy kind found in olive oil -- which research shows may have cholesterol-lowering abilities. And, one third of the saturated fat in beef is a unique fatty acid called stearic acid, which has been found to have a neutral or cholesterol-lowering effect."

"Research shows lean beef can play the same role as skinless chicken or fish in a cholesterol-lowering diet," said Dayle Hayes, M.S., R.D., member of the Council for Women's Nutrition Solutions (CWNS). "In addition, beef provides essential nutrients that can have a positive effect on some of today's major health issues like weight management and bone health."

Bear in mind that these are your standard cows.Not free range or organic,which are much leaner and definitely not wild.Buffalo or bison has less fat and calories than skinless light meat chicken.As do Deer and Elk.
  34. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Those studies are ludacris. One had only 21 people. One had overlapping meat products bieng used.

Here is is a better one http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/169/6/562
    "Results
    During 10 years of follow-up, there were 47 976 male deaths and 23 276 female deaths. In general, those in the highest quintile of red meat intake tended to consume a slightly lower amount of white meat but a higher amount of processed meat compared with those in the lowest quintile. Subjects who consumed more red meat tended to be married, more likely of non-Hispanic white ethnicity, more likely a current smoker, have a higher body mass index, and have a higher daily intake of energy, total fat, and saturated fat, and they tended to have lower education and physical activity levels and lower fruit, vegetable, fiber, and vitamin supplement intakes"

There seems to be alot more involved than just eating red meat.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10918988

http://www.csiro.au/news/TWD-public-health.html

http://www.mla.com.au/NR/rdonlyres/3...sonourside.pdf

http://www.themainmeal.com.au/NR/rdo...rients_99k.pdf

http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/.../msg00098.html
    I'm sure that lung cancer wasn't caused by meat, but you have to consider colon cancer. Maybe it's the way we raise our cattle. I know that meat tasted different 40 years ago. At home we eat mostly buffalo, and sometimes grass fed hormone and antibiotic free beef. It costs money - not sure how may can afford to eat that way and avoid health risks.
  35. NutraPlanet Fanatic

I'm sure that lung cancer wasn't caused by meat, but you have to consider colon cancer. Maybe it's the way we raise our cattle. I know that meat tasted different 40 years ago. At home we eat mostly buffalo, and sometimes grass fed hormone and antibiotic free beef. It costs money - not sure how may can afford to eat that way and avoid health risks.

Nothing compares to Buffalo...there's a few farms right out here - all grassfed and as fresh as can be.
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

[QUOTE=colkurtz_spf;1878631]

That's fine for you to say, but you have not shown any material supporting your statement either. My source was not an ad. Unfortunately I read it 5 years ago - I do a lot of reading. I assure you my effort was serious.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dig...system/AN00896

http://www.kinginstitute.org/health_...nu-06-2008.pdf

Did your wife happen to have colon polyps?

"Anyone can develop colon polyps, but you're at higher risk if you are 50 or older, are overweight or a smoker, eat a high-fat, low-fiber diet, or have a personal or family history of colon polyps or colon cancer.

Sometimes colon polyps can cause signs and symptoms such as rectal bleeding, a change in bowel habits and abdominal pain. But most small colon polyps don't cause problems, which is why experts generally recommend regular screening. Colon polyps that are found in the early stages usually can be removed safely and completely.Polyps that cannot be removed during colonoscopy will require abdominal surgery. When polyps are cancerous, the surgeon will usually remove the portion of the large intestine that is affected and then join the healthy ends of the intestine back together. In more severe cases, all or part of the colon may need to be removed. This is called a colectomy. You should have a colonoscopy one year after any removal of colon polyps, cancerous or noncancerous. After that your doctor should perform colonoscopies at regular intervals to check for recurrences."

Red meat contains a natural dye which can irritate the polyps...but in general the resons for getting them is on the top paragraph.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

If red meat is gonna speed my death, I have to say I will be there quicker than most!
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

I agree with chemically enhanced beef bieng a possible cause for cancer and other health ailments..from the chemicals,hormones and antibiotics. That is why I hunt. I can also buy a whole buffalo here for under $500. During the mad cow scare ..they were going for $100...it cost more to feed them than sell so it was a happy time for me lol. Wild meat is still the best and healthiest around.
    I hate the way cattle are raised in the states.In Canada we have slightly more strict laws..although we have nothing on the Argentinians though,which is how beef should be raised IMO. I am fortunate to have cattle ranchers as family members so I can get free-range organic beef for free as well. I know some people can only afford what they can afford and some are lucky to eat at all. You have to survive with whatcha got.
  39. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.

I agree with chemically enhanced beef bieng a possible cause for cancer and other health ailments..from the chemicals,hormones and antibiotics. That is why I hunt. I can also buy a whole buffalo here for under $500. During the mad cow scare ..they were going for $100...it cost more to feed them than sell so it was a happy time for me lol. Wild meat is still the best and healthiest around.
    I hate the way cattle are raised in the states.In Canada we have slightly more strict laws..although we have nothing on the Argentinians though,which is how beef should be raised IMO. I am fortunate to have cattle ranchers as family members so I can get free-range organic beef for free as well. I know some people can only afford what they can afford and some are lucky to eat at all. You have to survive with whatcha got.
    My wife has a tortious colon resulting from an extreme case of diverticulitis. At the time it was perforated, so a section had to be removed. You're lucky to have access to the buffalo. It's probably the most nutritious red meet available, and it tastes great. I also like hunting and the taste of wild meat. Some don't like it, but for me it's special.

It's a good thing to have to kill and clean your food. Too many people see a hamburger and not a cow. There's a feeling of gratification when you take responsibility. My first kill was a rabbit in a Belgian forest back in '78. I was only 20 and resented the lady who asked me if I was hungry and then handed me a 22 gage rifle. My shot hit it's hind quarters. I was only 20, nervous and hungry. I tried to give it the Karate chop to the back of the neck, but that didn't do it in. Finally I hand to grab its thumpers and whack its head across a tree. It was a messy and painful experience. I didn't know what I was doing. I walked back to the house with mutilated rabbit in hand. I was a very big man until I was told to clean it. I owe that lady a debt of gratitude.
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.

My wife has a tortious colon resulting from an extreme case of diverticulitis. At the time it was perforated, so a section had to be removed. You're lucky to have access to the buffalo. It's probably the most nutritious red meet available, and it tastes great. I also like hunting and the taste of wild meat. Some don't like it, but for me it's special.

It's a good thing to have to kill and clean your food. Too many people see a hamburger and not a cow. There's a feeling of gratification when you take responsibility. My first kill was a rabbit in a Belgian forest back in '78. I was only 20 and resented the lady who asked me if I was hungry and then handed me a 22 gage rifle. My shot hit it's hind quarters. I was only 20, nervous and hungry. I tried to give it the Karate chop to the back of the neck, but that didn't do it in. Finally I hand to grab its thumpers and whack its head across a tree. It was a messy and painful experience. I didn't know what I was doing. I walked back to the house with mutilated rabbit in hand. I was a very big man until I was told to clean it. I owe that lady a debt of gratitude.
    You probably already know this so I will post for others.
    "The assumption that a lack of dietary fiber, particularly non-soluble fiber (also known in older parlance as "roughage") predisposes individuals to diverticular disease is supported within the medical literature."

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/d...ase-000051.htm

http://www.ohsu.edu/health/health-to...ic.cfm?id=8464

Lack of dietary fibre in the diet is a big problem for people in so call "first" world nations. Fast fatty foods (high in saturated fats)make up the bulk of what many people eat. Veggies and friuts are almost non existent in peoples diets nowadays. People really need to strive to uphold a healthy balanced diet. I am also sorry about your wife , I thought it might be poylps because someone I worked with just went though that.
    BTW that is an awesome story. Its always good to meet a fellow hunter.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 05:12 PM
  2. New Poll Shows "none Of The Above" Leads Gops !
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 10:22 AM
  3. First Date Sex Leads To Better Relationships
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 01:28 PM
  4. Low test, leads to more falls
    By tattoopierced1 in forum News and Articles
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 09:22 AM