I scream for icecream

  1. Registered User
    japiranio's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    84

    I scream for icecream


    id have to say im dieing on my diet right now. im on the anabolic diet cuttin carbs during the week load on weekends. do any of yall know of an icecream with low carbs that tastes good? im not a big fan of frozen yogurt

  2. Registered User
    AllMaxBrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    184

    I'm not aware of any low-carb ice creams, but mixing cottage cheese with some whey and peanut butter and freezing it tastes pretty good. You can also try cottage cheese and sugar-free pudding mix.
  3. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    1998

    sugar free pudding mix ftw. Are you looking for this ice cream for your weekend carb ups or during the week?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Sinon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Humble, Texas
    Age
    26
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    177

    I heard mixing up some casien and putting it in the freezer makes it ice cream like. Never tried it though.

    Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
  5. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136022

    there is breyers "Carb Smart" ice cream.. 4g of net carbs.. The rocky road is pretty damn good.

    I usually get my ice cream fix on my refeeds though..
  6. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    1998

    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    there is breyers "Carb Smart" ice cream.. 4g of net carbs.. The rocky road is pretty damn good.

    I usually get my ice cream fix on my refeeds though..
    Just checked that out and relatively not bad at all (especially if its the worst thing on a refeed). I checked out the fat free double churned, and the carmel swirl looked delicious and not bad for a post workout type thing on occasion (the HFCS was a big deduction thought).
  7. Registered User
    FameGirl's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    68

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Just checked that out and relatively not bad at all (especially if its the worst thing on a refeed). I checked out the fat free double churned, and the carmel swirl looked delicious and not bad for a post workout type thing on occasion (the HFCS was a big deduction thought).
    That carb smart ice cream is really good, but watch out... the sugar alcohols killed me! I was writhing in pain from cramps/gas pains for hours. Took about a full day for it to completely leave my system.
  8. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41243

    Quote Originally Posted by FameGirl View Post
    That carb smart ice cream is really good, but watch out... the sugar alcohols killed me! I was writhing in pain from cramps/gas pains for hours. Took about a full day for it to completely leave my system.
    Yea some people react pretty bad to sugar alcohols. I seem to tolerate them well, although I rarely encounter them. Just my occassional summer frozen treat.
  9. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    1998

    Quote Originally Posted by FameGirl View Post
    That carb smart ice cream is really good, but watch out... the sugar alcohols killed me! I was writhing in pain from cramps/gas pains for hours. Took about a full day for it to completely leave my system.
    Yea like Steveo I'm pretty lucky and can handle sugar alcohols like a champ. Although outside of when I get a chance to try this, it really only comes in handy when I need a fix on some lesser quality (yet delicious) protein bars ahaha.
  10. Registered User
    Cinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    29
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    452

    I like to buy cool whip free and keep it in the freezer. It's 15kcals/serving and is good at taking care of the occasional dessert cravings.

  11. Registered User
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    LatCity
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    874

    That looks good... whyyyyy
  12. Registered User
    japiranio's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    84

    alright guys thanks for the ideas. i got a thing for soft served, i eat a few cones on weekends. iv tried skinny cows thur cold so kinda works. im gonna try cool whip and casien. thanks again
  13. Registered User
    Broodstar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    305

    dayum all this talk about ice cream lol haha I honestly can say I don't remember the last time I had ice cream. We have a place here in Raleigh,Nc called Goodberreys and its frozon custard ice cream and god its so good. Or the ones at the Cook Out man ha here I am thinking about junk food when I am about to go workout haha.Everyones ideas are excellent I am going to try to do stuff with the 20 lbs of proteins powders I got lol.
  14. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136022

    Quote Originally Posted by Broodstar View Post
    dayum all this talk about ice cream lol haha I honestly can say I don't remember the last time I had ice cream. We have a place here in Raleigh,Nc called Goodberreys and its frozon custard ice cream and god its so good. Or the ones at the Cook Out man ha here I am thinking about junk food when I am about to go workout haha.Everyones ideas are excellent I am going to try to do stuff with the 20 lbs of proteins powders I got lol.
    I eat a ton of ice cream and waffles, every saturday..lol
  15. Registered User
    japiranio's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    84

    idk why i like it so much. its has to do with it being cold. i live in houston so its hot as balls all year round so i guess ice cream is just an escape from the heat.
  16. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136022

    Quote Originally Posted by japiranio View Post
    idk why i like it so much. its has to do with it being cold. i live in houston so its hot as balls all year round so i guess ice cream is just an escape from the heat.
    I live in AZ, so i FEEL ya..lol

    I like it on waffles, i dunno why, but it is bomb.
  17. Registered User
    Cinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    29
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    452

    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    I live in AZ, so i FEEL ya..lol

    I like it on waffles, i dunno why, but it is bomb.
    Good lord that looks awesome. I would ditch the whipped cream but damn.
  18. Registered User
    Broodstar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    305

    Yum that looks tasty as ever
  19. Registered User
    fieldt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    142

    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    I live in AZ, so i FEEL ya..lol

    I like it on waffles, i dunno why, but it is bomb.
    never thought I'd see anything like this on AM. Now I won't feel like such a fatazz tomorrow when I have my weekly cheat... That'd be a pepperoni pizza
  20. Registered User
    The Myth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    How bout instead of having a low carb pathetic excuse for ice cream on week days, you have some real deal high carb low fat ice cream on your weekend loads?
  21. Registered User
    The Myth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by fieldt76 View Post
    never thought I'd see anything like this on AM. Now I won't feel like such a fatazz tomorrow when I have my weekly cheat... That'd be a pepperoni pizza
    If you think that's "bad," check my blog archives under "refeed" and prepare to **** yourself
  22. Registered User
    japiranio's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    84

    lol i do have my share on the weekend. but i jus crave during the week. so the tryed the coolwhip and i think tahts gonna cure my fix. ahaha thats an epic stack of cakes. i wish a restaurant would have something like that
  23. Registered User
    Variocam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    209

    jesus that pancake looks amazing
  24. Registered User
    margarette29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    71

    Quote Originally Posted by japiranio View Post
    id have to say im dieing on my diet right now. im on the anabolic diet cuttin carbs during the week load on weekends. do any of yall know of an icecream with low carbs that tastes good? im not a big fan of frozen yogurt
    Honestly speaking, I don't know ice cream with low carbs. But why not try searching for stores, grocery, supermarkets, etc. that sell the said product? Or instead of searching for stores, why not try searching for recipes?
    you can do it!
  25. Registered User
    ThomasRivera's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    814
    Rep Power
    481

    Heavy whipping cream + protein powder OR sugar free jello packet of your choice of flavor, leave it in the freezer until it thickens up.
  26. Registered User
    McBurly's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    124536

    Quote Originally Posted by japiranio View Post
    id have to say im dieing on my diet right now. im on the anabolic diet cuttin carbs during the week load on weekends. do any of yall know of an icecream with low carbs that tastes good? im not a big fan of frozen yogurt
    best icecream/cheat food out there imo: Skinny Cow sandwhiches!
    they taste amazing and pack a whopping 3g of fiber to help slow the digestion of the sugar

    Serving Size: Sandwich
    Calories 140
    Calories from Fat 15
    Total Fat 2g
    Total Fat Percentage 2%
    Saturated Fat 1g
    Saturated Fat Percentage 5%
    Cholesterol 1mg
    Cholesterol Percentage 2%
    Sodium 95mg
    Sodium Percentage 4%
    Total Carbohydrates 30g
    Total Carbohydrates Percentage 10%
    Sugars 15g
    Protein 4g
    Calcium 8%
    Dietary Fiber 3g
    Vitamin A 6%

    Ingredients:
    skim milk, wafer [bleached wheat flour, sugar, caramel color, dextrose, palm oil, corn flour, cocoa, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, modified corn starch, baking soda, salt, mono and diglycerides, soy lecithin], sugar, corn syrup, polydextrose, cream, whey protein, Inulin (Dietary Fiber), stabilizer [microcrystalline cellulose, cellulose gum, mono and diglycerides, locust bean gum, calcium sulfate, polysorbate 80, carrageenan], natural flavor, vitamin A palmitate

    Kosher, Low Fat, Nut Allergen-Free

    Low fat Ice Cream. 97% Fat Free. 140 Calories. 3 grams Fiber. 0 Trans Fat.

    taken from http://www.skinnycow.com/myproducts/sandwiches.php
  27. Registered User
    japiranio's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    84

    iv had skinnycows but they got 30g of carbs thats like half of what i eat all day. thanks for the suggestions guys
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Chocolate peanut butter pudding and icecream
    By rysigpi in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 12:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.