I despise Veggies....

  1. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

    I despise Veggies....


    Ok, So, Ladies and Gentleman.....I HATE Veggies, cant stand em, however, I am thinking its time I added some to my dinner at night. If you could only eat 2 Veggies which two have the most nutritional value? Im thinking Brocoli and something else.....Only two please

  2. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    1.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Broccoli is definately a good choice.

    ...Personally I would go with capsicums. Red, yellow and green eat em raw or BBQ, stuff them with spices etc. Fkg A
  3. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Broccoli is definately a good choice.

    ...Personally I would go with capsicums. Red, yellow and green eat em raw or BBQ, stuff them with spices etc. Fkg A
    Actually i dont mind them in things. But I wanna make it clear taste is not in the equation. Just wanna know which 2 have the highest nutritional value.....
    Cause I'll be gagging trying to eat them anyway. may as well eat the best two

    I think we can safely say brocoli is up there.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    1.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    Actually i dont mind them in things. But I wanna make it clear taste is not in the equation. Just wanna know which 2 have the highest nutritional value.....
    Cause I'll be gagging trying to eat them anyway. may as well eat the best two

    I think we can safely say brocoli is up there.
    dont count onions and garlic, but eat them by the fist-full
  5. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

    Damn it jake, your the only one who's gonna post in here. in that case its Brocoli and garlic everynight i guess.
  6. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    900
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    7.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    Damn it jake, your the only one who's gonna post in here. in that case its Brocoli and garlic everynight i guess.
    broccoli and green beans would be my choice there big guy.
  7. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

    Green beans hey....Hmmmm, I can almost stomach that. Brocoli and Green beans it is unless something better comes along. I like Jakell's Idea of drowning said Veggies in garlic till I cant taste them (why cant Veggies taste like Steak?)
  8. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    900
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    7.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    Green beans hey....Hmmmm, I can almost stomach that. Brocoli and Green beans it is unless something better comes along. I like Jakell's Idea of drowning said Veggies in garlic till I cant taste them (why cant Veggies taste like Steak?)
    Dice up some almonds and throw em in with green beans, add garlic and a bit of sugar. delicious. and i said a bit of sugar, not a spoonful. i will make a whole bowl of that and have it with a big fat porterhouse slab of beef.
  9. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    Dice up some almonds and throw em in with green beans, add garlic and a bit of sugar. delicious. and i said a bit of sugar, not a spoonful. i will make a whole bowl of that and have it with a big fat porterhouse slab of beef.
    You wrote all that and all i saw was "big fat porterhouse beef" I gotta go and read it again.
  10. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Power
    10791
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    69.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    green and leafy - spinach, turnip greens, etc.
  11. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.81%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    X2 on what the big guy said.
  12. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

    Cool Guys! Taken under advisement. I find Brocoli the easiest to eat so it will definately get a run. And spinach did work for Popeye....hmmmmm
  13. New Member
    Jaegernaut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    35
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    80.48%

    Green beans, scientifically proven to have the highest yummy to nutrition ratio out of all veggies (note: I was the only scientist who tested this theroy, and by scientist I mean average guy)
  14. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    1.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    Dice up some almonds and throw em in with green beans, add garlic and a bit of sugar. delicious. and i said a bit of sugar, not a spoonful. i will make a whole bowl of that and have it with a big fat porterhouse slab of beef.
    that sounds mighty tasty!
  15. Advanced Member
    bubbachew's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    530
    Rep Power
    384
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    39.58%

    Broccoli, spinach and sugar snap peas are my favorites.
  16. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaegernaut View Post
    Green beans, scientifically proven to have the highest yummy to nutrition ratio out of all veggies (note: I was the only scientist who tested this theroy, and by scientist I mean average guy)
    Green beans getting a bit of a mention.....
  17. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,522
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I just died a little on the inside! Anyways, I would go with sprouted broccoli (That allowed? lol). If not, then Spinach, and...hmm...Green Beans are pretty tasty when prepared right. A spring mix salad wouldn't kill you

    You should take a Greens+ supplement to make up for your anti-veggitude
  18. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I just died a little on the inside! Anyways, I would go with sprouted broccoli (That allowed? lol). If not, then Spinach, and...hmm...Green Beans are pretty tasty when prepared right. A spring mix salad wouldn't kill you

    You should take a Greens+ supplement to make up for your anti-veggitude
    I do take a mult-vitamin Stevo-O. Is "sprouted" brocoli different than just brocoli?
    From the responses here I am gonna roll with Brocoli & Green beans so far. I'll put some on my plate aand just hold my nose and eat em real quick. Man, I cant stand Veggies....
  19. New Member
    briancogs888's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    44.23%

    What do you take for a phytonutrient supp?
  20. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,522
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    I do take a mult-vitamin Stevo-O. Is "sprouted" brocoli different than just brocoli?
    From the responses here I am gonna roll with Brocoli & Green beans so far. I'll put some on my plate aand just hold my nose and eat em real quick. Man, I cant stand Veggies....
    Sautee em in coconut oil and with herbs de provence... mmm

    And yes, sprouting increases the nutritional content by up to 10x for certain nutrients; you can find Broccoli Sprouts at the supermarket but they are a bit expensive. You can sprout just about anything under the sun; ive sprouted various berries, seeds, grown my own beansprouts. It just takes more work than most are willing to do. I say downing a broccoli will be enough in your case

    And Multi's can't properly replicate what is found in nature, there's some things we just don't fully understand how they work/interact.
  21. New Member
    briancogs888's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    44.23%

    Adding to Steve's post, they say there are over 6,000 phytonutrients (plant nutrients) and we know a decent amount about "a handful." This shows how important a variety of fruits and veggies is. Your leafy greens are usually highest in minerals and some vitamins, but not necessarily phytonutrients.
  22. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

    I have always known Multi's cant replicate whats in the real thing. Not even close. but I am of the opinion they are better than nothing!
    I reckon im gonna go with Brocoli and green beans.....God, I feel like gagging just thinking bout eating them....
    Steve-O....You sound like one healthy MoFo!
  23. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    1.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    I have always known Multi's cant replicate whats in the real thing. Not even close. but I am of the opinion they are better than nothing!
    I reckon im gonna go with Brocoli and green beans.....God, I feel like gagging just thinking bout eating them....
    Steve-O....You sound like one healthy MoFo!
    Steve and his bloody coconut oil! Im a flaxseed/olive oil man myself
  24. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,522
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Steve and his bloody coconut oil! Im a flaxseed/olive oil man myself
    I've never liked the taste of EVOO; Flaxseeds I like, not the oil because of the req'd conversions. I'd rather to straight for Fish Oil which has the EPA/DHA already. I've been evaluating Chia Seeds instead of ground flax seeds; if they are truly more nutritious is hard to tell, but they definitely help keep you full longer. Might be useful on a cut.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What veggies do you eat and how do you eat them?
    By alih92 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 03:42 PM
  2. too many veggies
    By cheezscott in forum Recipes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 10:08 PM
  3. I Despise Pretentious Vegans/Vegetarians
    By Mulletsoldier in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Help me get my fruits and veggies...
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 01:09 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in