Low Carb and liver health - AnabolicMinds.com

Low Carb and liver health

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Low Carb and liver health

Still fat and trying to continue losing weight. I am still trying to get my diet tuned in. I have been doing low carb for about three months. I have been under a lot of stress. I lost about 29 pounds it should be a lot more, but I feel off a few times. excuses, excuses, blah, blah, blah. Anyway I read low carb is bad on your liver. I take a multi, fish oil, calcium with vitamin d and some fiber supplements. Should I also take b6 to help my liver breakdown the protein and excess fat. I am supposed to be on CKD, but still learning about it. I do carb ups about every seven to eight days for about a day. I think I am going to do it for another month the switch to low calorie with much more fiber. Thoughts?

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

where did you read low carb is bad on your liver?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

http://health.usnews.com/usnews/heal...tein_diets.htm

I also read somewhere that there is an increased need for vitamin b6 to help break down the increased protein.

I also want to improve kidney health and digestion. like I said my diet isn't as tight as it should be. I eat less than 30 grams of carbs a day. I refeed every 7-8 days.
    What is the best source of fiber for ckd?
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

well, if you are looking to be on a CKD, you aren't on a high protein diet like that article is talking about... High protein will keep you out of ketosis.

psyllium husk or benefiber are your two easy fiber sources. psyllium husk is cheap, but doesnt dissolve 100%, benefiber is expensive buy you can mix it in water
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    psyllium husk is cheap, but doesnt dissolve 100%, benefiber is expensive buy you can mix it in water
    Tried psyllium it worked, but it was kind of harsh. I drank enough fluids during. Thinking of trying benefiber. i have tried grapefruit pectin and right now I am taking oat bran tablets. I need more fiber. Carbs lately have been coming from less than desirable sources. I am taking in alot of fat including healthy ones from fish oils, cocunut oil, olive oil and natty pb. I also take zinc, magnesium, and b6 before bed. NEED TO CUT OUT CAFFEINE.
  6. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

celery is another choice too, on a ckd its not too bad to load the celery with peanut butter or even cream cheese
    This space for rent

7. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

if anything i would say keto is better for your liver. When people eat emmence amount of carbs for long perios of time ive heard about it causing fatty liver.

however i cant dig up that no bull radio show because dave and romano are no longer on MD. but i believe it was stated by Dr connelly
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

definetly wanting to add more vegetables. Thanks for the help meh man.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

If you want help to breakdown protein, increase your HCL intake (TMG, betain HCL) and digestive enzymes.

Low carb diets increase the concentration of glutathione in the mitochondria. This is good for your liver. An over abundance of saturated fat may be bad on your liver though if you are on a calorie surplus (bulk). Saturated fat during a bulk will store itself around your organs, and it's easy to get a fatty liver this way. Saturated fats are good, but keep a balance with MCT's and mono-fats too.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    if anything i would say keto is better for your liver. When people eat emmence amount of carbs for long perios of time ive heard about it causing fatty liver.

however i cant dig up that no bull radio show because dave and romano are no longer on MD. but i believe it was stated by Dr connelly
    That is what I thought too. I just read some things saying it increases stress on your liver and was curious. I did come across some reads that stated the same thing that low carb depletes glycerin in muscles and the liver helping with fatty liver.
  11. New Member

Perhaps you should try a conventional diet rather than cyclic ketogenic diet. Virtually everybody on this board uses cyclic ketogenic diet, but the success rate for these diets isn't very good because your forcing yourself to eat a very restricted and unbalanced diet.

Personally I believe cyclic ketogenic diet is really only good for getting into competitive shape and if you have a lot of fat to lose you may be better off trying a conventional diet with a balanced variety of health foods.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    Perhaps you should try a conventional diet rather than cyclic ketogenic diet. Virtually everybody on this board uses cyclic ketogenic diet, but the success rate for these diets isn't very good because your forcing yourself to eat a very restricted and unbalanced diet.

Personally I believe cyclic ketogenic diet is really only good for getting into competitive shape and if you have a lot of fat to lose you may be better off trying a conventional diet with a balanced variety of health foods.
    I hear you but it works for me. I fall off once in a while, but it works. I was at 309 now I am down to 280. It may be less healthy, but how much worse can it be than being obese?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carb health question
    By jmoney02 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 03:38 PM
  2. Liver health w/ Epistane
    By thetrukillat in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 07:38 PM
  3. SAMe for Liver Health
    By oswizzle in forum Supplements