how much money do you spend... - AnabolicMinds.com

how much money do you spend...

1. New Member

how much money do you spend...

how much money do u spend on food a week? or month, whatever u keep track of?

i'm asking this cause at the rate i'm going, i'm spending about 100 bucks a week just on food and water alone.. and i only eat like 4 or 5 times a day, this isn't even counting eating out, this is just from what i spend at the grocery store, and i don't overspend i usually get good sales and stuff... so i'm wandering what the usual rate is for everybody, cause dam i can't afford to keep doing this, thats 400 bucks a month on just food... not even counting protein shakes

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.

Hmm. 75ish or less.

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Water is free out of the faucet
    •   

4. Senior Member

When you eat right, it can absolutely run that high. It's always a little unsettling how the most natural of food choices tend to be the most expensive. Supply and demand... it can hurt. I hover around the same price, but food is basically my number one priority when it comes to spending money (next to paying for a gym membership).

There are ways to conserve funds through bulk supply, and its worth it to at least crunch the numbers to see how you will fare. BJ's, Costco, and similiar bulk food stores can set you up with larger value deals that can put some money back in your pocket. It takes planning and strategizing, but its worth it.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

125 per week i think.
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I spend about 100-125 per week, not counting shake consumption.
  7. Board Sponsor

Why on earth would you pay for water? Other than the water bill?
  8. New Member

first of all, because here in houston texas, the tap water is nasty, and the water i buy isn't even that much to the bill, its like 20 bucks more a month for good water, and i drink a ****load of it
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Just on myself about $75 to $100. And lets not even talk about for Supps.
    Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  10. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Gstyle24 View Post
    first of all, because here in houston texas, the tap water is nasty, and the water i buy isn't even that much to the bill, its like 20 bucks more a month for good water, and i drink a ****load of it
    I guess.

I spend about 75 on myself weekly. It was more, but I am done with the bulk now. Back down to maintenance calories.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Have you tried the pitchers with filters? Pur and Brita make them, and they also make filters that attach to the faucet of your sink. I only spend about $8 on a filter every2 or 3 months. I love mine.

I normally spend about $400-425 a month, but that includes what my little one eats when shes with me too. I moved a few months ago and had to shop around because the stores around here were a lot more expensive than the one I used to shop at. I tried like 4 stores before I found one with good prices and a good selection of what I liked.
  12. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    Have you tried the pitchers with filters? Pur and Brita make them, and they also make filters that attach to the faucet of your sink. I only spend about $8 on a filter every2 or 3 months. I love mine.

I normally spend about $400-425 a month, but that includes what my little one eats when shes with me too. I moved a few months ago and had to shop around because the stores around here were a lot more expensive than the one I used to shop at. I tried like 4 stores before I found one with good prices and a good selection of what I liked.
    A good store makes all the difference. I actually have to shop at three different stores to get everything I need. The ****ing grocery is an adventure on the weekends.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

Every Sunday I go out and hit up a local grocery store and costco to restock up on the things I need for the following week. I usually hit about $70-80 per week.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

about $100 every 2 weeks.. Paleo diet rocks.
  15. New Member

that might be a good investment cause my roomates drink a lot of water too... but man i can't believe how much food costs a month, i mean with a 300 dollar car payment, 450 for rent, all other bills, pretty much leaves me with no extra to go out and drink and have fun
  16. Board Sponsor

that might be a good investment cause my roomates drink a lot of water too... but man i can't believe how much food costs a month, i mean with a 300 dollar car payment, 450 for rent, all other bills, pretty much leaves me with no extra to go out and drink and have fun
    Going out, drinking, and having fun? Sounds like a way to lose some gains yo!
  17. Advanced Member

Walmart baby. Thats about the only place I shop.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    Going out, drinking, and having fun? Sounds like a way to lose some gains yo!
    Thats a personal choice that some may be willing to put up with. Thats still cool. Being ocd about gaining the absolute most muscle in the absolute shortest time shouldnt be a requirement to workout. Still gotta live life sometimes...
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

I am right around $75 a week and that is shopping in bulk at the local BJ's wholesale club.
  20. Board Sponsor

Thats a personal choice that some may be willing to put up with. Thats still cool. Being ocd about gaining the absolute most muscle in the absolute shortest time shouldnt be a requirement to workout. Still gotta live life sometimes...
    I know, I was just messing around
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

My clan of 4 takes 150-200/week at Walmart and Sams Club. Thats with protein included. No meat purchased anywhere but sams. This is also without other supps, etc. Two kids can really put that extra money on a grocery bill.
  22. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by BabyHulk View Post
    My clan of 4 takes 150-200/week at Walmart and Sams Club. Thats with protein included. No meat purchased anywhere but sams. This is also without other supps, etc. Two kids can really put that extra money on a grocery bill.
    I bet. Sometimes my GF and I spend upwards of $130. We both eat clean and healthy though, so that costs money of course.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

about 70$ a week here
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I bet. Sometimes my GF and I spend upwards of $130. We both eat clean and healthy though, so that costs money of course.
    The healthy stuff definitely piles on the dough! I try to stay out of the health food store except when I pick up my Ezek bread. I have a hard time not picking up stevia, and more stuff.
  25. Board Sponsor

The healthy stuff definitely piles on the dough! I try to stay out of the health food store except when I pick up my Ezek bread. I have a hard time not picking up stevia, and more stuff.
    I hear ya! I spent $9 on a jar of almond butter the other day!!! WTF!!! And, if you guys didn't know... Big Lots has huge cans of whole natty almonds for $3. If you have a Big Lots near you! That reminds me, I should just buy those and make my own almond butter!
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I hear ya! I spent $9 on a jar of almond butter the other day!!! WTF!!! And, if you guys didn't know... Big Lots has huge cans of whole natty almonds for $3. If you have a Big Lots near you! That reminds me, I should just buy those and make my own almond butter!
    Thanks. I got one 4 miles from home. going today my friend!
  27. Board Sponsor

Thanks. I got one 4 miles from home. going today my friend!
    Let me know what you find!!!
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.

Like 50 dollars a week but I'm a vegan.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

500 a month on bulk, probably 300 on cut.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

100 bucks a week??!?!? yall can eat.

I just went shopping the other day and spent like 40 dollars for the week.

It was something like 3pounds of ground beef, 3 pounds of chicken breasts, 3 dozen eggs, a few packets of tuna, some frozen fish, a few other things I'm forgetting....... (CKD)

I'm also in college so I'm looking to cut every last frickin penny.
  31. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    100 bucks a week??!?!? yall can eat.

I just went shopping the other day and spent like 40 dollars for the week.

It was something like 3pounds of ground beef, 3 pounds of chicken breasts, 3 dozen eggs, a few packets of tuna, some frozen fish, a few other things I'm forgetting....... (CKD)

I'm also in college so I'm looking to cut every last frickin penny.
    Too bad you're on a CKD or you could do my trick. Buy 25lb bags of Steelcut Oats and Oatbran I have something like 40lbs of Protein Powder lying around here as well... A flavour for every mood
  32. New Member

I spend about $75 a week, and I have Brita pitchers in my fridge, with 4 gallons of COLD tap water on hand to put in them.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 11:31 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 01:11 PM
  3. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 07:15 PM
  4. What Would you Do? Help Me Spend My $$
    By BoneDaddy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 11:03 AM