bloated stomach

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
I cannot get rid of this. I eat eggs in the morning, chicken afternoon and regular dinners. I dont' get this. I have the typical ectomorph body type of being thinner and a smaller bone structure, yet, I have this stupid bloated stomach that doesn't seem to go away regardless of what I eat. I'm staying away from dairy as much as possible thinking about would help.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I assume you've tried the fiber + digestive bacteria supplement route? could always give that a shot too.

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
what does that entail? Is that a sort of cleansing treatment?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
what does that entail? Is that a sort of cleansing treatment?
no, just fiber to always keep things moving, and something like acidolphilus(sp), digestive bacteria, to make sure things are getting broken down properly and in a timely manner. I've had a bloated looking stomach since I was a kid and have always had it no matter how lean I get, I'm starting to think I just have crappy genetics for lower torso.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you are drinking enough water, def try some fiber + acidophilus. Take some lactase if you eat a lot of dairy products. Taking shots of all natural apple cider vinegar with "the mother" (you can get a bottle cheap at any local supp store) can help with digestion too. Its been used for something like the past 2 thousand years for health benefits. Anything with digestive enzymes would be great. Probably the best single supplement I can think of would be Gut Health by RPN. Its on NutraPlanet right now for like 12 bucks. Def check it out, a lot of good reviews from other people with bloating problems.

tmachovec

tmachovec

Awards
I have the same problem as well. I was thinking though at my height and thin build I have to keep working my chest, back and shoulders to compensate. When I started working out i weighed 160 with skinny arm and NO chest.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Try Gut Health by RPN you can get it at NutraPlanet. Its an excellent bacteria replacement for the intestines.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5

JKC12482

Awards
i think if you drink water at 120 oz. a day spread out EVENLY over the day, you'll be okay if not, try a digestive enzyme

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
i think if you drink water at 120 oz. a day spread out EVENLY over the day, you'll be okay if not, try a digestive enzyme
i agree, i used to get really bloated eating 6-7 meals a day but when i started to drink lots of water 1.5-2 gallons a day i feel much better and less bloated.

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: The Past week or so I have removed milk from my diet, and just use soy milk. The bloating has really gone down. I think the sugar found in dairy, lactose is the devil. Just something to think about fellas. Milk is for babies...well u know the rest

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update: The Past week or so I have removed milk from my diet, and just use soy milk. The bloating has really gone down. I think the sugar found in dairy, lactose is the devil. Just something to think about fellas. Milk is for babies...well u know the rest
Milk may be for babies, but soy isn't for men IMO. Lowers your testosterone; I would just avoid milk altogether in your case, or look into almond milk if you feel the need.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I don't handle lots of sodium well. Maybe that could be it.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Milk may be for babies, but soy isn't for men IMO. Lowers your testosterone; I would just avoid milk altogether in your case, or look into almond milk if you feel the need.
I believe the studies that state soy milk lowers test have been proven wrong.

cjszip

cjszip

Awards
This may or may not be helpful, but you could try something that is known to help improve visceral fat. Something like a cortasol blocker or Sesamin extract may be helpful.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This may or may not be helpful, but you could try something that is known to help improve visceral fat. Something like a cortasol blocker or Sesamin extract may be helpful.
TBH I would go with some sort of cort blocker and the digestive enzymes. Eliminate one after you see results and see what happens. I like the idea of taking both on a bulk anyway.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
eliminate dairy, take digestive enzymes and drink a lot of water.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Now are you talking bloated as in gassy or bloated as in its round and sticks out further than the rest of you, like a beer gut almost?

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
Llike sticks out futher than the rest of me. I'm cut everywhere else except my stomach. I constantly have to suck it in.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Well if its not bloated as in gassy I'm not sure any enzymes would do much.

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
I wonder if some people just have genes with either having a round stomach and others with a flat. I need to post some pctures. I'll do that

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
Make sure to eat high bacteria yogurt daily and if you are not going to bathroom regularly add mirilax. I wouldnt add a bunch of over priced digestive supps. If you dont think you are getting enought fiber add medimucil or other fiber drink and yogurt.

searcyc2

Awards
Stomach vaccum exercises are excellent for a protruding gut

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Like suggested above, Gut Health by RPN is a great choice here. If you cannot afford it (even though a small bottle is only like $12), then you can go with NOW's Acidophilus.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Water, yogurt, and the vaccum exercise are all good. I would also take inventory of the types of carbs you eat. The starch in brown rice, when broken down in the digestive system, does not cause gas and is high in fiber. I removed all starches from my diet a few years ago and ate brown rice only and it did wonders for me. I gradually started adding more carbs back in and noticed some cause more bloating and gas.

Good luck, I hope you gut goes away.