VELOCITY DIET LOG. From 20% to 12% Bf.

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.88%

VELOCITY DIET LOG. From 20% to 12% Bf.

So here we go. I'm 180 lbs @ 20% body fat (Tanita Scale).

Goal: To get down to 10% Bf.

Calories: 1740/day. Six shakes, minus the carbs on the last two unless doing lifting.

Lifting: 3 days/week.

Cardio: 3 days/week. (Ice hockey)

Yoga: 5 days/week. (Laugh all you like, but my back has never been better).

Supplements: Bcca, Efa's, Retain, Multi, Nac, Milk thistle and might add in eca if I don't get to shaky.

History: I've been on and off healthy living for a while. Over the holidays had a stricked diet of eating anything and drinking six to twelve Molson Canadians/day along with the two pack of Player's light King Size/day. Needless to say.......... I'm not impressed with my body or cardio anymore. More or less this is the first step to a steady, more healthy living life style. I'm sick of reading about it, doing nothing, then reading more and doing less. And no, I'm not a Troll lol.

Diet starts on the Janurary 6th, 2009. I'm pretty focused about this, though everyone always is, so if I can make a week, then two, then three, etc, I'll be happy. One week at a time. I have quite a high metabolism so this should go quite well.

Things to note: This site has spell check. Why don't so many use it!!!!
    Last edited by Graglor; 01-06-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: wrong date

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.88%

Oh ya.... and 4 to 8 liters of water/day
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Graglor View Post
    Diet starts on the December 6th, 2008.
    How did it go or should this be Jan 6th 2009?

Good luck with the diet, I'm currently on day 5. It's pretty hard going and I think you're going to find the Hockey very hard work. I found that doing cardio on the 3rd day I had to lower the intensity significantly as I was getting the shakes, nausea, etc. I'm going to try to stick it out for 14 days.

Ignore the bf reading on the scales as those things are normally wildly wrong and dependent upon liquid intake but it's a good comparison if you use the same scales throughout.

Are you going for the full 28 days?

A couple of things I have noticed during the first few days:

- I am insanely dehydrated. No matter how much water I take in I still have an insane thirst.
    - I went into ketosis on day 4 and this day was fairly easy hunger wise so hopefully I can remain in keto for the rest of the diet
    - Major hunger pangs after 5pm. Even though I have 2 shakes after 5pm they don't seem to stop the pangs for more than 15-20 mins after I've finished the shake
    - Going to bed hungry is not nice. It takes me about 30 mins to get off to sleep as I can't stop thinking about food. Normally I fall asleep within about 5 mins
    - You will fantasize about the strangest foods. My current favourite is a chicken salad but I normally hate salad!!

Good luck and I'll be following this with interest.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

180lbs at 6'1 sounds kinda skinny already. Im wondering how you are still 20% BF. Im 6'2 with and extra 65lbs.

What weight do you need to get down to, to make 10%?
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    180lbs at 6'1 sounds kinda skinny already. Im wondering how you are still 20% BF. Im 6'2 with and extra 65lbs.

If he's 180 at 20% then he has 36lb fat/144lb LBM. For 10% he would need to get down to about 160lb without losing any LBM. A few people have lost 20lb on this diet but as I have said the bf% on the Tanita scales is normally wildly off.

My Tanita scales say that I am 24% first thing in the morning and 21% in the evening. The Accumeasure calipers say that I am 18%, which, looking at pictures of other people, is probably about right although this is dropping as I am also on the V-diet.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.88%

Quote Originally Posted by warsteiner View Post
    How did it go or should this be Jan 6th 2009?

Good luck with the diet, I'm currently on day 5. It's pretty hard going and I think you're going to find the Hockey very hard work. I found that doing cardio on the 3rd day I had to lower the intensity significantly as I was getting the shakes, nausea, etc. I'm going to try to stick it out for 14 days.

Ignore the bf reading on the scales as those things are normally wildly wrong and dependent upon liquid intake but it's a good comparison if you use the same scales throughout.

A couple of things I have noticed during the first few days:

- I am insanely dehydrated. No matter how much water I take in I still have an insane thirst.
    - I went into ketosis on day 4 and this day was fairly easy hunger wise so hopefully I can remain in keto for the rest of the diet
    - Major hunger pangs after 5pm. Even though I have 2 shakes after 5pm they don't seem to stop the pangs for more than 15-20 mins after I've finished the shake
    - Going to bed hungry is not nice. It takes me about 30 mins to get off to sleep as I can't stop thinking about food. Normally I fall asleep within about 5 mins
    - You will fantasize about the strangest foods. My current favourite is a chicken salad but I normally hate salad!!

Ya sorry. Wrong date. Edited it just now . So today is day one. So far I'm not shaky, but definably hungry all the time. I obviously expected that though. Thanx for to tips. I normally can't get to sleep for almost an hour on most days so that will be interesting.

I will be using the same scale every morning. I actually heard that Tania Scales were very close, that's why I got it. We'll see.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.88%

I am skinny lol. The last couple of years I've been putting on more and more weight around the gut though. I'm going to turn into one of those skinny fat guys one day if this keeps up. I'm 6'2. So I'll be trying to loose 18 lbs of fat. So that would take me down to 162 lbs if I don't put on any muscle. When I make a strong commitment and stick to a schedule I can put on Lbm slow and steadily, just want to loose the gut. The rest of me is quite lean.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.88%

If he's 180 at 20% then he has 36lb fat/144lb LBM. For 10% he would need to get down to about 160lb without losing any LBM. A few people have lost 20lb on this diet but as I have said the bf% on the Tanita scales is normally wildly off.

My Tanita scales say that I am 24% first thing in the morning and 21% in the evening. The Accumeasure calipers say that I am 18%, which, looking at pictures of other people, is probably about right although this is dropping as I am also on the V-diet.
    I read in the manual that it's most accurate first thing in the morning after waking. Your calipers are likely more accurate though so maybe these scales are crap. I don't have calipers yet so I'll keep using it. It said I was at 19% this morning, but I just figured I must have been on the low side of 20% last time I used it.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.88%

Thanx. I'm just focused on 7 days for now, because I'm sure this won't be easy and I already get really irritable if I don't eat every few hours as it is. Combine that with kicking the cigarettes.................... .... the wife may have to go stay with family lol. If all goes o.k I'll aim for another seven to make a total of 14 days.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.93%

Thanx. I'm just focused on 7 days for now, because I'm sure this won't be easy and I already get really irritable if I don't eat every few hours as it is. Combine that with kicking the cigarettes.................... .... the wife may have to go stay with family lol. If all goes o.k I'll aim for another seven to make a total of 14 days.
    I don't envy you, or should that be your wife, giving up cigarettes and going on this diet. Weigh yourself and take measurements each morning so that you can see some decrease in weight/fat to keep yourself motivated. I've only been losing .5lb each day but I've lost almost 1" on my waist in 5 days so this should keep me going for the rest of the diet.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.88%

I don't envy you, or should that be your wife, giving up cigarettes and going on this diet. Weigh yourself and take measurements each morning so that you can see some decrease in weight/fat to keep yourself motivated. I've only been losing .5lb each day but I've lost almost 1" on my waist in 5 days so this should keep me going for the rest of the diet.
    Was wasn't going to take measurements, but will pick up a tape and start today.

Day 2:
    Made it through day one and it's true......... not an easy task lol. It's amazing to me how a neighbor's gross cooking can suddenly smell enticing.

A little confused on the scale this morning.
    Weight: 180.5 @20%. Like I said I'm using the same scale everyday. I don't know if that's because of the seven liters of water I drank yesterday or not, but the tape measurements will be a nice addition.

I'm taking a whole host of supplements while on this, but feel the Retain2 and Recreat help with the cravings and mood.

I'm also applying two nicotine patches a day (21mg and 14mg) for a total of 35mg/day. Strange, already hacking up stuff. Normally it takes a week or two for that to start. Gross I know, but whatever, It's my log lol. :food
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.88%

Sorry War. My hat tips to you and anyone who can do this deit. However, after two days of no solid foods............. I'm out.

No solid food, kicking a two pack/day habit, and running a business is to much. I'm going to still take three to four shakes/day, but have to eat two to three solid meals/day. I really didn't think drinking only shakes would be this bad, wow. I'm going back to my raw veggies and grilled chicken starting tomorrow. One good outcome of this last two days is how my lungs seem to be cleaning out. I'm going to stick with kicking the ciggs for sure.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.93%

Sorry War. My hat tips to you and anyone who can do this deit. However, after two days of no solid foods............. I'm out.

No solid food, kicking a two pack/day habit, and running a business is to much.
    No worries Graglor, I'm working at home for the 2 weeks that I am going to try to stick to the diet and without a wife/kids it means that I don't have any distractions and can just focus on the diet. There is no way that I could stick to this if I was around other people/food.

With giving up smoking as well it was always going to be very hard. Try to stick with giving up smoking and just eating healthier and it will make a big difference.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.88%

No worries Graglor, I'm working at home for the 2 weeks that I am going to try to stick to the diet and without a wife/kids it means that I don't have any distractions and can just focus on the diet. There is no way that I could stick to this if I was around other people/food.

With giving up smoking as well it was always going to be very hard. Try to stick with giving up smoking and just eating healthier and it will make a big difference.

Will do! Thanx.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.32%

Why on earth were you only having shakes? Solid food is where its at, cutting or bulking!
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.93%

Why on earth were you only having shakes? Solid food is where its at, cutting or bulking!
    Read up on the diet and have a look at some of the results that others have got running this diet. It is extreme and should only be run for a short length of time (<1 month) but has been shown to lose a significant amount of fat and retain muscle at the same time.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.32%

Before i even clicked back in here i thoguht hmmm maybe this is what the velocity diet is...my bad.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.93%

Before i even clicked back in here i thoguht hmmm maybe this is what the velocity diet is...my bad.
    No probs, looking at your avatar always brings a smile to my face so you can say pretty much what you want without me getting upset

Similar Forum Threads

1. Velocity Diet ?
    By wti66stang in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 03:27 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 05:38 PM
  3. ATW Velocity Diet +
    By 01yz426 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 12:33 PM
  4. Need some help with the Velocity Diet.
    By HelloEvo in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 08:10 PM
  5. Velocity Diet
    By bigironkiller in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 01:50 PM