bioavalibilty of protein in Canned tuna
- 12-30-2008, 06:21 PM
- 12-31-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm pretty sure it's fine. Even if it is processed it's minimal. I mean a hotdog is about as processed as it gets and it has protein. Not that I'd ever eat a hot dog after seeing how they are made on Discovery Channel...
- 01-03-2009, 05:44 PM
... eh, gross! There's a show called "how it's made" or something like that, probably the show you mentioned planetfuzz. Anyway, they had a segment on how hot dogs are made - way too gross, probably never eating a hotdog ever again.
01-03-2009, 07:24 PM
01-03-2009, 07:50 PM
the processing of the tuna may not take away from the bv...but it takes a lot of heat to seal those cans and that will definately denature the protein...therefore lowering the b.v.
01-05-2009, 12:13 PM
01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
01-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By rrm in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2009, 11:52 PM
- By jeiden in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 39Last Post: 02-03-2009, 12:55 PM
- By Highlanda01602 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 36Last Post: 01-06-2009, 02:56 PM
- By bigCountry000 in forum RecipesReplies: 5Last Post: 08-17-2008, 06:02 PM
- By Smokey3957 in forum RecipesReplies: 21Last Post: 10-02-2007, 01:35 PM