How much water do you drink?

1. Registered User
    Answers

How much water do you drink?

I was wondering how much water most of your drink a day? I always heard the best way to no if your hydrated is by the color of your urine. I drinnk up 2 gallons a day, and I only weigh around 155lbs. I was wondering if this is over kill. If I dont drink a shiit load of water I get head aches. Do some people need more water than others?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Answers

I drink at least a gallon of water usually 1.5 a day, not including any other drinks.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

I usually sit around a gallon a day
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    I usually sit around a gallon a day
    Same.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I know this will raise some eye brows, but I am lucky if I get a half gallon. I have been this way for years, it is hard for me to drink water. I have to set timers to remind me to drink water. I know, I know, but I am working on getting better at it.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    I know this will raise some eye brows, but I am lucky if I get a half gallon. I have been this way for years, it is hard for me to drink water. I have to set timers to remind me to drink water. I know, I know, but I am working on getting better at it.
    As long as you're not thirsty, no point in drinking.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Answers

I usually drink half a gallon when working out so a gallon is easy. I buy a gallon of water jug and just refill it every day becuase the water is drinkable out of the tap here, its great. Its easy to keep track on how much you drink also
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.
    Answers

a gallon +. once i drink my gallon container during the day i just use a normal cup so idk exact amount.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MEH89 View Post
    I was wondering how much water most of your drink a day? I always heard the best way to no if your hydrated is by the color of your urine. I drinnk up 2 gallons a day, and I only weigh around 155lbs. I was wondering if this is over kill. If I dont drink a shiit load of water I get head aches. Do some people need more water than others?
    The headaches are a good measure of whether or not you drank enough water the day before. I usually drink about a gallon a day but recently I started to get headaches and the last few days I've been slamming down close to 2 gallons.

I forgot that Jacked has creatine in it and thats the only change I've made in my nutrition/supps so that must be it and it makes sense. Whenevr I'm on creatine I have to keep my water intake close to 2 gallons.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

1 gallon a day on a normal day. If I have a busy shift at work, I can sometimes hit nearly 3 gallons. Generally speaking, I rarely ever go over 2.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    As long as you're not thirsty, no point in drinking.
    Omen, one never knows what you will say sometimes, lol.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Same.
    Same here.

To the OP...

Hyponatremia.

Not saying you have it, but be aware. And yes.... it can kill you.

Excess water without electrolyte replenishment has all kinds of potential nasty consequences.

Sodium - potassium exchange and sodium - calcium exchange are critical bio-chemical functions. Diluting your body with excess water and not enough replenishment of one of these minerals can induce severe muscle cramps on the basic level or cardiac arrest in severe cases.

If you're gonna drink that much water, would probably be a good idea to mix in some gatorade, powerade, colloidal mineral supplement, etc...
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Answers

So am I being paranoid about not drinking a lot of water? I grew up in the caribbean, and as hot as it is where I come from, I still did not drink a lot of water. Not sure how or why, but the only time I have been known for drinking a lot of water was when I was rucking or while I was in the middle east. I keep thinking that if I did not drink a gal min, I was hurting myself. At the gym in a 2 hr period I go thru 3 8oz bottles of water. Of topic, what are back pumps? Can not enough water cause it?
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Answers

I have a gallon set for everyday.
    If I drink it all that's fine.
    If I don't no biggy.
    No point in drinking when you don't want to.
    The whole galon+ is overrated.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah depends on my days I guess. Sometimes a gallon a day.. sometimes half. If anything I'm addicted to soda lol bad habit that I need to break
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Water not including tea, 1+gal. Find myself going to the bathroom like clockwork.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    So am I being paranoid about not drinking a lot of water? I grew up in the caribbean, and as hot as it is where I come from, I still did not drink a lot of water. Not sure how or why, but the only time I have been known for drinking a lot of water was when I was rucking or while I was in the middle east. I keep thinking that if I did not drink a gal min, I was hurting myself. At the gym in a 2 hr period I go thru 3 8oz bottles of water. Of topic, what are back pumps? Can not enough water cause it?

No, I don't believe you are paranoid. Your military and should know that in everyday life how much you drink is working for you then your good to go. If you get headaches, feel thirsty, lips, mouth are always dry then drink more. If not you don't need to. Remember you do get "H2O" from other drinks or foods like fruit etc. In the field or say in Iraq etc. especially in extremes such as hot deserts etc. drinking when you are thirsty puts you behind the curve. The amount of water your body looses in those conditions is faster than you can consume/process.

I always joke with my marines when they fall out because of dehydration by saying.."water is a crutch, you don't need it"..lol
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I try to get about a gallon to a gallon and half
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Answers

I get 1-2 gallons a day, usually closer to 2. I keep a gallon of water by me and drink it through the day but I usually go through one in a few hours.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

A gallon a day now that the weather is colder.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how much water per day do you drink?
    By Nightwanderer in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 07:32 AM
  2. how much water do you drink during exercise?
    By tim1985 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 11:12 AM
  3. water- drink it right after my meal?
    By animalXXX in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 02:11 AM
  4. drink your water
    By Zack in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 01:46 PM