feeling weak

  1. New Member
    hopeful's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    80%

    feeling weak


    Hello i have a problem with feeling weak after i workout, i take supercharge as a pre-workout, and when i take 2 scoops, i sometime feel really rundown....i know obviously, don't take 2 scoops anymore..but, is this even a side effect of the supercharge???my diet is good plenty of protein lots of water....think maybe i should try another pre-workout??any suggestions? thanks for all the help in advance...

  2. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4770
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    64.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    how many daily calories
  3. Advanced Member
    planetfuzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    533
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    52.47%

    try a intra workout drink containing carbs. this helps me. Is your pre-workout nutrition solid??
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    raginfcktard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    978
    Rep Power
    568
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    84.64%

    awww..the old 'crash'. chances are you are too low in cals and tried to begin with. i'd throw in some more rest and daily cals...as mentioned intra work out carbs are great too, i personally like 60g WMS with my preworkout. get'em down just before warm up sets.
  5. Advanced Member
    planetfuzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    533
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    52.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by raginfcktard View Post
    awww..the old 'crash'. chances are you are too low in cals and tried to begin with. i'd throw in some more rest and daily cals...as mentioned intra work out carbs are great too, i personally like 60g WMS with my preworkout. get'em down just before warm up sets.
    Hmm...I might need to try that. Drink it immediatly before. I've been drinking my waxymaize about 45 mins before my workout and I end up getting really hungry and tired halfway.
  6. New Member
    hopeful's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    80%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    how many daily calories
    Usually around 3400....I also work a swing shift always switching from days to nights...i think that may come into play as well.....eating/sleeping always rotating i think it's time for a new job.....i consumed 3500 calories 2 days ago.....been about a week on new diet...cause hurricane ike knocked out our power for like 9 days which sucks....you can only eat so much peanut butter/almonds/tuna fish all day for so long....had to drive 3 hours away just to get some chicken to barbecue.....
  7. New Member
    hopeful's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    80%

    Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    try a intra workout drink containing carbs. this helps me. Is your pre-workout nutrition solid??

    i eat 6x a day still working on balancing it out throughout the day though who makes "intra" most supp. stors have it??
  8. Advanced Member
    planetfuzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    888
    Rep Power
    533
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    52.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    i eat 6x a day still working on balancing it out throughout the day though who makes "intra" most supp. stors have it??
    Yeah,I feel you,balancing it out can be very difficult.
    It's not a supplement. Intra means during your workout. You can toss a gatorade back or make your own. Some people like just carbs and some people prefer protein and carbs. A far as what type of carb you want,that's all personal preference.
  9. New Member
    hopeful's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    80%

    Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Yeah,I feel you,balancing it out can be very difficult.
    It's not a supplement. Intra means during your workout. You can toss a gatorade back or make your own. Some people like just carbs and some people prefer protein and carbs. A far as what type of carb you want,that's all personal preference.

    oh i c....well i think i am going to go buy some true mass tommorow when i get off...appreciate the info
  10. New Member
    striking's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    231
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.9%

    Have to tried to workout without supercharge to see if the same thing happens?
  11. New Member
    hopeful's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    80%

    Quote Originally Posted by striking View Post
    Have to tried to workout without supercharge to see if the same thing happens?
    yeah i didn't notice feeling so bad....i work swing shift..and am currently on night shift then on friday i go to days til sunday and then 3 night starting monday...i think this has a lot to do.....i still try to workout 5x a week
  12. New Member
    striking's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    231
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    49.9%

    Ouch that is a killer working hours.

    To me is sounds like your body is tired and wants a little more rest. It is possible that a prework is stressing your body that much more that it crashes afterwards.


    Like others have said carbs during the workout can help but if you think you are taking in enough kclas during the day I would think this would not cause such a huge crash.

    I would vote for strange sleep cycle and added stress
  13. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350691
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    try cutting back how days you workout per week as well. Insufficient rest + 5day split can be pretty draining. You gotta lift only as often as your body is capable of recovering from, and a routine sleep cycle and schedule is a large determiner of recovery.
    You're not a professional bb'er, your life is not built around your workout schedule, with stress, diet and rest adjusted to enable you to pound the weight all week long.

    Try cutting back to 3 workouts per week, try intra-workout carbs (I like mine with BCAAs personally), and try eating more produce - greater consumption of vitamins, minerals and alkalizing agents always helps.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  14. New Member
    hopeful's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    80%

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    try cutting back how days you workout per week as well. Insufficient rest + 5day split can be pretty draining. You gotta lift only as often as your body is capable of recovering from, and a routine sleep cycle and schedule is a large determiner of recovery.
    You're not a professional bb'er, your life is not built around your workout schedule, with stress, diet and rest adjusted to enable you to pound the weight all week long.

    Try cutting back to 3 workouts per week, try intra-workout carbs (I like mine with BCAAs personally), and try eating more produce - greater consumption of vitamins, minerals and alkalizing agents always helps.

    sounds good...now i got the flu lol....i don't think god wants me to workout..
  15. New Member
    hopeful's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    80%

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    try cutting back how days you workout per week as well. Insufficient rest + 5day split can be pretty draining. You gotta lift only as often as your body is capable of recovering from, and a routine sleep cycle and schedule is a large determiner of recovery.
    You're not a professional bb'er, your life is not built around your workout schedule, with stress, diet and rest adjusted to enable you to pound the weight all week long.

    Try cutting back to 3 workouts per week, try intra-workout carbs (I like mine with BCAAs personally), and try eating more produce - greater consumption of vitamins, minerals and alkalizing agents always helps.

    what the heck is reputation and how do you get it??? i have like 10 and that sux...what do i need to do in order to get reputation.....just post more???
  16. The BPS Rep
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,062
    Rep Power
    350691
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Sometimes you gotta take it easy, especially if you're ill. Taking time off from lifting can really help refresh you too, so that when you do return to the gym, you're mind and body are ready to hit it harder than ever. Personally I'll take a week-10days off every 3months.

    As for reputation, it is your evaluation by your peers - if they like something you post they can "rep" you to increase your reputation by clicking on the scale at the bottom below your avatar.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Sluggish Lifting/Feeling Weak
    By gotbench600 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 01:50 AM
  2. DNP = Weak
    By brockles in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 10:44 PM
  3. why so weak?
    By bigironkiller in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 03:12 PM
  4. Too weak of a PCT?
    By Irish Cannon in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 02:17 PM
  5. Feeling pretty weak
    By Beebs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 01:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in