What is your average daily protein intake?

What is you average daily protein intake?

• Less than 1g per pound

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • 1g per pound

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • 2g per pound

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • More than 2g per pound

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • What is protein?

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
Anybody? I thought there would be some good discussion on this one!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
1g per pound of LBM is great for maintaining where you are.

in my opinion, 1g per pound + 15g is great for adding size - eat for where you want to be, not where you are.

1.5-2g is right only for when cycling (more / less depending on how strong your cycle is), since you're growing at an unnatural speed.

not that i've really cycled much (once in fact) but thats what i believe. cylcers - what works best for you?

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
sh1t man...when I'm on it's 3g/lb+...when I'm cutting or just cruising it's 1g/lb...

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really sure what works best for me yet....

I try to go no lower than 1g per pound, but like to get around 1.5 hard training days! Being over 200 pounds just makes it so damn hard to do that though.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i try and EAT 1.25g per pound so including my shakes i'm hitting about 2.25. basically i try and keep it around 350-400 as i match it carbs with at least 1g carbs to 1g protein.

i vote 2 cause no ones perfect...:box:

Nacho1545

Awards
I want at least 1 g to 2g but I can't get enough... Just under 1g per lb..

Machine Mind

Machine Mind

Awards
I shoot right for 2g/lb. That's the sweet spot for me that I've found going beyond that doesn't correlate to better gains.

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
I want at least 1 g to 2g but I can't get enough... Just under 1g per lb..
Somedays its tough to hit that 1-2g mark, especially if your busy!

Thats the beauty of protien powder... and protien bars:head:

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
Voted 2 but its really about 1.5- 2 is tough to get unless i put 2 or 3 scoops in every shake, but then my tubs get empty pretty quick...

JAGShaw

JAGShaw

Awards
I'm at 1g per pound of body weight. Thats almost 300g per day. It seems to be working very well, however, protein consumption was never my problem. I was taking way too many carbs. Once I halved them, I'm finally leaning out fast.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
1.5g i aim for, maybe a little over. 2/3g on cheat days :lol:

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
Honestly, I often end up getting less than 1 gram per day. It's probably my biggest weakness in my training.

I would say I average about .8/lb a day.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
1g per, maybe a little more. When I go any higher my terds turn black so I don't think I'm digesting it. Come bulk, in a few weeks, I'll be at about 1.5.

TheeBC

TheeBC

Awards
  • Established
Im gonna say 1.5 is my overall goal...but right now AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

it also depends when I volunteer as a cum dumpster. ew. i kid. i kid.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
i voted 2, but really I just shoot for at least 1.5 (which really should be on your poll btw) and on most days its about 1.5

GXbcmFTO

Awards
240-300g for me, screwed up today tho, only 226g :/

~GX

pump3d

Awards
does anyone have any solid evidence that even 1g/lb is needed naturally?

ive never seen anything that said any more was necessary, anything scientific, that is.

i still get >1 g/lb, but i think that amount is even more than most need

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
all you need is 1.8gr per kg max of bodyweight flooding your body with protein, your body wouldnt know what to do and it would be stored as fat

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I have yet to be convinced you need anything over 1g per lb.... except maybe when on cycle, but even then your prob losing half of it in the toilet and just converting the rest to fat and energy

if your eating adequate carbs, then your body can better utilize the protein it digests, and you don't need as much

30-40g per meal spread over 6 meals and i'm good to go

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 grams/lb

Pi is a magical number for protein consumption as well!

Actually, I am always over 1 grams/lb but try to aim for 1.5 grams/lb

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I use any where from 1.5-1.8g per lb BW since im on a cut

NAS

NAS

Awards
I shoot for 1.2-1.5g/lb and I would say that I get 200 minimum, 280-300 max

slanno

slanno

Awards
The past 2 weeks its been in the 300+ range but im cutting it back now that im using the diet tracker, dont even need to use my weight gainer. I got a heads up that im probably doing more damage then good with the amount i was eating.

Last edited:
ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Over 1 per lb, but not 2, so somewhere in the mid.

WarfareX

WarfareX

Awards
1.75 gram per lb (350 gms daily) when cycling, 1.25 when I'm not.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I'm lucky if I get .75 grams/lb. If I eat more than that I would look like a blimp.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i get about 1.25/lb on a cut and 1.75-2 on a bulk

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
I find it very hard to even reach 1G per pound let alone 2G... I eat the crap out of protein bars.. I eat CLIFF bars.. all organic with 20g of protein, they are great.... and dominate the whey! but even with all of that i barely get 200g a day

connelly22

Awards
How much can your body digest at one time? Ive always been told that it can only take around 25 grams per setting, and the rest is just waste. How true is this?

slanno

slanno

Awards
How much can your body digest at one time? Ive always been told that it can only take around 25 grams per setting, and the rest is just waste. How true is this?
Im not 100%, but im pretty sure its only 25grams give or take a few an hour.

connelly22

Awards
Well i know there has to be a limit on it because your body does not store protein well. Whatever the body thinks is not needed goes straight to waste. So where is this limit at? 25 grams per hour, as stated by slanno, sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I voted 2, because there is no 1.5 option. I would say I am around 1.5 per lb, maybe more. I always end up eating like a fat ass on weekends though, because I get up 2 hrs later than normal. It throws my routine way off, because I miss a meal and have to compensate the rest of the day. :food:

slanno

slanno

Awards
25g of protein and hour no matter how fast your metabolism is what i have always hear and read was the max. Anything over is a waste, the proof is when you eat more protein then your body can take it gives you horrible gas, thats the by product of no digested/absorbed nutrients.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
25g of protein and hour no matter how fast your metabolism is what i have always hear and read was the max. Anything over is a waste, the proof is when you eat more protein then your body can take it gives you horrible gas, thats the by product of no digested/absorbed nutrients.
This is complete and utter Bullsh!t.

Sergiu

Awards
What is protein? jk

I eat a gram per pound, but I'm going to eat more starting next year due to the fact that I need to up my calorie intake.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
you eat every hour? I might just have to put that into my sig.