Protein: Morning vs. Before bed
- 08-28-2008, 11:38 PM
- 08-29-2008, 01:59 AM
- 08-29-2008, 03:06 AM
08-29-2008, 07:30 AM
I agree, use a slow to digest protein at night such as casein sadly though compared to normal whey protein it is more expensive. I think you can get away with just filling it in with a smaller meal an hour or two before bed and not worry.
Protein in the morning is easy to take in if you have a normal breakfast. Between eggs/ milk and your choice of sides the protein is already there.
A small night meal may be harder to drum up and a shake would fit well.
08-29-2008, 08:43 AM
If you work out early in the morning(say 5 am), like I do, you are better served with taking a Protein blend before you hit the bed. I prefer a mostly Casein drink with some whey, glutamine,BCAA and some natural peanut butter before I hit the bed. In the morning I grab myself some Stimulant rich Pre workout drink and hit the gym.
On days where I work out little later in the day(say noon of after) I dont really need to fill my body with so much nutrient. So I shall have Whey the first thing in the morning to prevent the breakdown.
Still generally speaking having Protein before bed is the best as your body would be without nutrients for 6-8 hours..not good.
Similar Forum Threads
- By saafanco in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2009, 09:59 PM
- By Predaking in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-07-2008, 06:55 AM
- By SacDIESEL in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 05-02-2007, 09:38 AM
- By julius kelp in forum Weight LossReplies: 10Last Post: 10-06-2005, 07:09 PM
- By Gethuge in forum Weight LossReplies: 28Last Post: 02-06-2004, 02:53 PM