Feel free to ask advice on quick fat loss....

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Guys/Girls,

I'm no expert or IFBB Pro, but I have some experience with dropping bodyfat in a short period of time in a safe manner....Not guaranteed to work, but thought I would just throw it out there, if you don't want to, just throw it back lmao (Anchorman baby!!!!)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm always up for advice on how to drop to the low digits for competition.

propho

Awards
  • Established
I keep hearing mixed feedback on this.. is cardio required to lose bf? or lose body fat quicker?

And the random topic: how about that celery diet.

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
OK, all kidding aside, I meant for this to be a Q&A type thing..Should have phrased it, ask questions that are confusing to you, how to help, etc....Also, let's keep this mature and not turn this into a sarcastic thread..

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Like propho, I'd also be interested to hear your take on cardio requirements (or lack thereof) whilst dieting.

harlan100

harlan100

Awards
whats the optimum calorie deflict to loose BF at like 12-15%, also what macros to use?

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For cardio, I ALWAYS found 45 min first in the AM on an empty stomach was perfect....Never too much, or too little..

Moderate pace 3.2-3.8 with incline fluctuating between 1.0 to 7.5 to stop the boredom..

harlan100, really need a lot more info to answer the question:

body type?
weight sessions per week
cardio, how many times/week or day and duration
height
weight
what your body responds to best in terms of low fat or low carb

DGSky

DGSky

Awards
Grexx, there is no way I can afford your arsenol of supps. For fat lot which would you consider most necessary?

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
ECA ftw better than 95% of the fat loss supps out there.

justing

Awards
well, I may have a problem with my fatloss. The thing is i havnt loss any weight yet, been doing this for about 2 1/2weeks. I've been using HST training x3, cardio am x2 (30-35min fasted) and 1 cardio on weekend mixing it up-fasted, hit, slow incline(10)... Im 6ft, 170,ecto. goal is to cut down to 10%, currently 13-14%. MY supps are L. reloaded, dcp, neovar and igf-2.

normally, i would say cut the cals or carbs to lose weight, but i feel myself getting stronger. If im gaining muscle and losing fat, i dont want to change that. However, is it possible im busting my ass and getting nowhere? i just dont know.

my diet is clean. meal 1- 1/2cup oats, fruit, eggs, p. powder- around 500 cals,
meal2- 1cup oats, chicken. both of these meals have 50ish carbs per neovar instructions.
meal3- chicken(single breast) vegs.
meal4- p.power, ff calorie control milk(3gs sugar), almonds.
meal5- spinach leaves, olive oil(tbsp),tuna. little bit vegs.
meal6- 1cup cottage cheese, p. power, 1tsp peanut butter(natty)
meals do change somewhat, but thats a basic day. i dont always get all 6 meals in, probably on days i drink my post wrkout drink i get full.-3/4 cup oats, blueberrys, cranberry, bit of dextrose and p.power.

anyway, WTF am i doing wrong, or am i doing something really good. to early to see changes in mirror, some days look like progress others dont. maybe water weight holding. Thanks for any insight.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
For cardio, I ALWAYS found 45 min first in the AM on an empty stomach was perfect....Never too much, or too little..

Moderate pace 3.2-3.8 with incline fluctuating between 1.0 to 7.5 to stop the boredom..

harlan100, really need a lot more info to answer the question:

body type?
weight sessions per week
cardio, how many times/week or day and duration
height
weight
what your body responds to best in terms of low fat or low carb

Im looking for some help on my diet, i was doing a keto diet for the last 24 or so weeks but now im looking to reintroduce carbs once im done w/ my vdiet run.

Im an endo - looking @ the weights or a cookie put weight on me to put it simply

# of session a week is 3 weight training ( HST )

my only cardio lately has been soccer practice ( I coach not play so not to much ) but I do try and get in some HIIT or atleast some raquetball once a week

5'7 and ~206 @ 16% b/f

Any help you can lend is apprecaited as I've never followed any sort of eating program while eating carbs, i've only done a CKD diet

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with Grexx that during contest (maybe I am just paranoid) dieting longer fasted, lower intensity levels are best. The amount of cardio you do is body type dependent really. ie.. I have to do quite a lot or I can't get low enough for contest, at the end of my last prep I was up to 6 hours a week, and my precontest diet was emmaculate (no supps). My partner was the most shredded I have ever seem someone get, hard as a rock and he did no fuggin cardio whatsoever. Freaked me out he made me look like the pilsbury dough boy.

Somebody mentioned something about not being able to afford supps, look with proper diet and exercise and given the time you can get as lean as you want with 0 supplementation. The biggest problem I have seen is some people drop too many calories too fast. You have to plan ahead leave room for sensible adjustments in diet. I am a fatass naturally and I have no problem getting down sans supplementation, I just have to be prepared to go through hell, it ain't easy.

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
justing,

Your program looks great. First, you are only 2.5 weeks into it, not that long to see dradtic improvements. With the style of training you are using, you will wake up one day and see a major difference. Just stay consistent, that's the name of the game.

DGsky,

I like Recreate out of all the present ones on the market.
You can also do NP caps for a real nice stack that is very cost efficient. Green tea, forskolin, CLA, ALA, yohimbine, and caffeine:welcome:

JDF,

Hit some complex carbs first thing in the AM (1 cup of oats)

Then hit another serving of carbs immediately post workout. I like NP's Kwick Karb or you could use dextrose or maltodextrin..Only at these times do you really need any carbs . You'll do great, just stay consistent:cheers:

JDF

Awards
  • Established
JDF,

Hit some complex carbs first thing in the AM (1 cup of oats)

Then hit another serving of carbs immediately post workout. I like NP's Kwick Karb or you could use dextrose or maltodextrin..Only at these times do you really need any carbs . You'll do great, just stay consistent:cheers:

I just picked up a couple bottles of AP so could I add another ~60g of carbs PreWO?

I was thinking about shooting for 2800cal/day ( BW * 14 for clean bulking/recomping since i'm an endo )

60g * 3x daily would be 180 * 4cal/g = 720calores then divide that by the 2800 and my carb intake should be ~25% daily

This leads me to believe I should try for: 50% Protein/ 25% EFAs/ and 25% Carb, as my macro breakdown.

How's that sound for an endo at ~16%b/f looking to lose bf/gain muscle sound?

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
2 recreate, 1 AP, 2 NP Green tea caps, 2 yohimbine, 1 Powerfull, 4 GL BCAA-EE

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
JDF,

Looks to be a great program, definitely make sure to keep your progress posts here..:dance:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey man -

Have you read the ultimate diet 2.0 by lyle mcdonald?

I'm just starting it and looking for feedback from informed people with an opinion... If not then cool but just wondering.

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yup, AP before cardio....just gotta deal with the low blood sugar but the fat burning is insane..

Not really familiar with the lyle mcdonalld diet..

yes, breakfast after cardio, and NP's Kwick Karb post workout, usually 35-50 g.....

wheels

Awards
  • Established
yup, AP before cardio....just gotta deal with the low blood sugar but the fat burning is insane..

Not really familiar with the lyle mcdonalld diet..

yes, breakfast after cardio, and NP's Kwick Karb post workout, usually 35-50 g.....
what about fruit later in the day(no) ?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. But, I'm unsure of how I would 'deal' with almost passing out. Do you ever feel this way?

Markio

Markio

Awards
Hi Grexx,

Could I ask for your opinion on Sugars/Simple Carbs please? I always go for starchy or fibrous carbs, but recently I have been trying to get a more complete breakdown for my spreadsheets and have been looking at how many of those carbs are Sugars.

Even though my diet is what I'd call clean, the amount of sugar in my diet each day from veggies, yog, cott cheese etc seems quiet high, around 100g a day at least - and 20-30g of that is at 10pm at night as I have cott cheese and poss carrotts.

Do you have any guidlines for sugar intake, whether it be total during the day, or how much in a meal?

Many thanks!

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
AP on an empty stomach??
I've done this plenty of times before morning cardio, and I am prone to hypo effects, but never had a problem with this practice! Only better fat burnign results! My theory is that it will help totally deplete my glycogen stores, and therefore I am prone to burn more fat. Don't know if I am :fool2:, but so far haven't had problems. By the way, I started this practice on my hard cut las year.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. But, I'm unsure of how I would 'deal' with almost passing out. Do you ever feel this way?
Not to answer for Grexx, but I do this also and haven't had any problems! I will admit that I was scared to try it as I am prone to hypoglycemic effects, but did this on my last cut with outstanding fatr burning effects, and did not have a problem. I am currently employing this tactic on my current cut, and .....no problems as of yet either!

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
grexx.....
when you do the fasted cardio in the morning, you workout later in the day? or do you do them on seperate days?

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i do my cardio first thing in the AM and trainlater in the day but sometimes i do it back to back depending on schedule....

Never really went hypo doin cardio this way with AP.....

I prefer fibrous cabrs throughout the day except in the AM and post workout where I employ dextrose or waxy (Kwick Karb)

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i'm currently on a diet that consists of 2400 cals. i'd slowly dropped from 3500 or so down to this point so as to have weight drop at the same time.

here's my ratio:
300g protein
120g carbs
85g fat

It wasn't this low on carbs a while back, and at that time, when the carbs were high and the fat was low, I felt BLOATED and FULL all the time. I've come to decide that I like having carbs as low as possible all the time. I've ALWAYS felt BLOATED and FULL while on heavy carbs. I hate that. Makes me feel my metabolism sucks.

But with higher fat diets, I am on top of the world, mayn! But finally, HERE IS MY QUESTION: should i have a carb day if i'm sometimes going as low as even 70-120g of daily carbs (I do the low carbs on non-lift days.)? And how many carbs should I take in if I have a carb day, being that I'm 205 lbs. at 5'10" with probably 14-15% BF now, and already taking in a semi-decent amount of carbs during the week?

I ask because I do feel a bit fatigued at times and could sleep longer than I'd like to. Maybe I could benefit from a bit of dat glycogen.

I guess I was thinking that if one were required, it would be good to do it toward the end of the week, on Sunday, when I generally rest. What do you think Mr. Grexx? Lemme know!

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
2 recreate, 1 AP, 2 NP Green tea caps, 2 yohimbine, 1 Powerfull, 4 GL BCAA-EE
What do you consume for your post meal? When do you get some fish oil or CLA fats in theres? What does your next supp regimen look like and when do you typically weight train.... how many hours after cardio?

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Not to answer for Grexx, but I do this also and haven't had any problems! I will admit that I was scared to try it as I am prone to hypoglycemic effects, but did this on my last cut with outstanding fatr burning effects, and did not have a problem. I am currently employing this tactic on my current cut, and .....no problems as of yet either!
sweet....i have some yellow gold laying around and have been trying to find a way to use it instead of before my postworkout shake. Im gonna take this before my fasted cardio in the AM. I hope all goes well. Anyone know about how much? I have it in bulk.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sweet....i have some yellow gold laying around and have been trying to find a way to use it instead of before my postworkout shake. Im gonna take this before my fasted cardio in the AM. I hope all goes well. Anyone know about how much? I have it in bulk.
So how much yellow gold you plan on using for your fasted sessions. I kind of like the concept.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
So how much yellow gold you plan on using for your fasted sessions. I kind of like the concept.
Well, im gonna try and get like 750mg. But i have it in bulk, so i was thinking maybe 2 caps of nutra empy 00 caps. That would probably put the dose over 1000mg....What you think?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds ok I guess, I have no real experinece with nutrient partitioning. I was always afraid of the extra carbs but fasted for extra fat burn for morning sessions sounds like it could work. I wonder if Neovar could be used the same way.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Sounds ok I guess, I have no real experinece with nutrient partitioning. I was always afraid of the extra carbs but fasted for extra fat burn for morning sessions sounds like it could work. I wonder if Neovar could be used the same way.
I think so, if u had some to just use i suppose