dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We're going to be moving the JavaLique' brand into some large retail establishments soon. After doing some test marketing, the packaging for the Java Lather std and jumbo is just not shelf friendly.

We did a LOT of different experiments, and settled on the following...your feedback is MUCH appreciated. The brown circle is a cutout that will allow prospective customers to see and smell the bar before they buy it. Forgive the slighty raggedy cut....the full print labels are not done yet and I trimmed these with a razor knife.

Also, while we will probably retain the std sized bars for the online retailers, for ease of production and overall value, we will probably stick with the Jumbo sized bars for the most part.

Attachments

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We're going to be moving the JavaLique' brand into some large retail establishments soon. After doing some test marketing, the packaging for the Java Lather std and jumbo is just not shelf friendly.

We did a LOT of different experiments, and settled on the following...your feedback is MUCH appreciated. The brown circle is a cutout that will allow prospective customers to see and smell the bar before they buy it. Forgive the slighty raggedy cut....the full print labels are not done yet and I trimmed these with a razor knife.

Also, while we will probably retain the std sized bars for the online retailers, for ease of production and overall value, we will probably stick with the Jumbo sized bars for the most part.

This is great matt! I especially like the cutout that allows potential customers to sample the product.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is great matt! I especially like the cutout that allows potential customers to sample the product.
I wonder if we will get people either scratch 'n sniffing...or trying to taste it.

/the snozzberries taste like snozzberries.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Aye agreed the scent sells the soap. Have to be able to sniff it. I also decided on the coffee cup , gotta stimulate all the senses.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder if we will get people either scratch 'n sniffing...or trying to taste it.

I'm sure there are a few out there that will go the taste route haha

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aye agreed the scent sells the soap. Have to be able to sniff it. I also decided on the coffee cup , gotta stimulate all the senses.
Agreed, the coffee cup is a nice touch. I loves me coffee :D

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
looks good matt.....once they smell java its too late,they are already hooked.

side note, i picture your house with drums of bulk powders everwhere !!....under the table, beside the coach, in the bathroom..lol

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
looks good matt.....once they smell java its too late,they are already hooked.

side note, i picture your house with drums of bulk powders everwhere !!....under the table, beside the coach, in the bathroom..lol
You are not far off....but I refuse the bed and the bathroom!

Tkenshin

Awards
when is nutraplanet gonna have the bar soaps back in stock?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
when is nutraplanet gonna have the bar soaps back in stock?
They should be back in stock tomorrow...all deliveries are extremely slow during hoiday season.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Looks nice, but i'm not a big fan of the font.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if it would look better if the outside packaging was a darker shade of brown?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wonder if it would look better if the outside packaging was a darker shade of brown?
Perhaps...but we went with the recycled packaging for the environment's sake.

It is a hard decision, though, which is why we are asking for opinions. These probably won't affect cost TOO much, and hopefully they are strong enough to stand on their own on a retail shelf.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BUMP for more opinions.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only thing i would change is to have all the writing in black. Other than that, i think it looks great the way it is.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I totally agree. The font on the box is making an attempt in killing the whole design.
I agree it looks very military. I would use the font that most small mom and pop coffee shops use. WHen you think of Java you think of something warm and inviting. The military script throws that off and may be too hard for the target market.

Attachments

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

I think it looks GREAT!!!! WAY BETTER IMO! :)

and.....that was my favorite book as a kid :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I totally agree. The font on the box is making an attempt in killing the whole design.
We tried to go with a "crate-stencil" type font, to create that exotic travel-case kind of look.

Maybe I will go ahead and try a few new fonts.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
We tried to go with a "crate-stencil" type font, to create that exotic travel-case kind of look.

Maybe I will go ahead and try a few new fonts.
Darker packaging should also help with the "exotic look" too!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
We all know the product is great, but I really think graphically the packaging needs some work. The font used as well as the coffee cup graphic look like they were laid out using the drawing toolbar in word. Not trying to offend anyone, just saying that many people will buy a product based on packaging and as it stands it doesn't appear to be a high end product. The packaging doesn't equal the product and you def have an awesome product.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We all know the product is great, but I really think graphically the packaging needs some work. The font used as well as the coffee cup graphic look like they were laid out using the drawing toolbar in word. Not trying to offend anyone, just saying that many people will buy a product based on packaging and as it stands it doesn't appear to be a high end product. The packaging doesn't equal the product and you def have an awesome product.
Definitely appreciate the feedback. When we get ready to make the presentation, I want everything to be polished.

We'll go ahead and knock some new ideas around. :)

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
I would say, darker box material, like a heartier brown so the box outline more closely matches the visible bar area, keep the label area the same creamy color, and switch the stencil font to a more handwritten script font. That should make it look real nice.

Sucks that the packagingwill make it more expensive, but nice packaging often attracts more sales.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiosity, but what type of stores are you branching out to? Are we talking large retailers like wal-mart, target, etc..? It would be nice to go to a store when all i need is java lather and not get hit for shipping charges. Great job Dsade, keep it up! Oh, whats up with the acne soap you were working on? haven't heard or seen anything. I was very interested in trying that.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
and, unfortunately, add another 50 cents to price. :(
It is basically your call, but it might be an expense that would be worth it. As you surely know, product design and packaging must be right in order to attract buyer attention. At that point, half the buying decision would have been taken. It would be a pity if the packaging and design would turn off, rather than attract potential users.

The font, as has been severally pointed out, needs some tweaking.

By the way, the idea to permit the potential buyers to experience the fragrance before purchasing is a solid positive :thumbsup:

Something else unrelated to the bar soap. 1) I find that I still experience the fragrance hours after using the liquid version, but not when I use the bar-soap version, hence my preference for the liquid version. 2) The label of the liquid version peels when used under the shower. A cellophane-foil type label may be nice, if it would not change the economics of the soap negatively.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We actually changed the label on the liquid version so as to prevent the peeling. The original version of the label did peel but was a beta label to allow us to get it to the retailers.

We have currently changed the font on the boxes and we are tweaking some label color variations..So its a work in progress now.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We actually changed the label on the liquid version so as to prevent the peeling. The original version of the label did peel but was a beta label to allow us to get it to the retailers....
This is like music to the ears! I still have three bottles of the paper-label version. And it has always been a challenge to avoid water contact. Looking forward to using the new bottle while showering :D

We have currently changed the font on the boxes and we are tweaking some label color variations..So its a work in progress now.
Solid job, guys! Keep it up!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is not printed, nor applied to a box (with the circular cutout).

I like the back font for sure (it looks great on a box), and the font within the coffee cup.

Still thinking we need to dress up the top "Jumbo Java Lather" part, but the font looks good on the box as well.

Attachments

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Just got my liquid and jumbo bars yesterday; both of which smell GREAT. Couldn't decide which to go with so figured I would try both. I ended up getting the jumbo bars, but kind of curious how do you tell the difference in size unless you have both in front of you between the jumbo and standard bar size?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is not printed, nor applied to a box (with the circular cutout).

I like the back font for sure (it looks great on a box), and the font within the coffee cup.

Still thinking we need to dress up the top "Jumbo Java Lather" part, but the font looks good on the box as well.
In the "Ingredients" section, only honey, and almond fragrance are completely written in small letters. Any particular reason for this? Just a small optical/aesthetic mismatch. Probably inconsequential, only somewhat irritating.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In the "Ingredients" section, only honey, and almond fragrance are completely written in small letters. Any particular reason for this? Just a small optical/aesthetic mismatch. Probably inconsequential, only somewhat irritating.
We found a professional designer who has made us a mock up desgn and it looks kick ass! We will probably go with it. His would increase cost slightly but make us 100% retail ready!!!

moveweight

moveweight

Banned
Awards
i prefer the same type of packaging that dial uses.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The standard bars are around 2/3 the size of the Jumbo bars.

Have you showered/bathed with it yet? :D

moveweight

moveweight

Banned
Awards

i have with the standard.. not the jumbo soap on a rope version hehe

Ando55

Awards
Man I love this stuff, just got it Friday and it's already done, I guess I need to get jumbo bars and find out how to make it last longer..lol

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the bar and liquid forms. The liquid for is by far the best skin-care product of that type that I have used to date. I think the logical step would be for RPN to produce a deodorant (roll-on) along those lines :D

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
So without having both the regular and jumbo in front of you, no really way to tell if you got the right ones? LOL

I have only washed my face with the liquid so far and use some of it for bathing, but my impression was WOW; this stuff is incredible!

I recently had surgery and waiting for my incisions to complete heal before I start using the bars on them, but cannot wait :)

So is the liquid really more for travel convenience, but the bars would actually be more effective in the long run for scars?

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
So you prefer the liquid over the bars? Thought the bars were more "natural" or something, thereby being more effective on scars?

I have the bar and liquid forms. The liquid for is by far the best skin-care product of that type that I have used to date. I think the logical step would be for RPN to produce a deodorant (roll-on) along those lines :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you prefer the liquid over the bars? Thought the bars were more "natural" or something, thereby being more effective on scars?
I would be both surprised and disappointed, if the liquid version were less effective on scars versus the bar alternative. I currently do not have any scars as such to treat. My preference for the liquid is due to the fact that the fragrance lasts longer on my skin. I believe this is helped by some substances used to stabilize the active ingredients in the liquid version.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They are both equally effective in treating scars. However the bar gives the added benefit of a solid bar to "hold" the grounds in. So you can get a stronder exfolliation on it.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear! :) I know with some soaps depending on their ingredients, they can be very soft after initially used "dissolve" rather quickly. Any suggestions for maintaining the bars as much as possible?

Also, with the bars, or even the liquid, can you elaborate on the most effective usage for scars? I mean is the idea to "scrub" the scars so you go over it numerous times or what exactly?

They are both equally effective in treating scars. However the bar gives the added benefit of a solid bar to "hold" the grounds in. So you can get a stronder exfolliation on it.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established

I can not tell a lie. I licked mine a little when it first came out....i was dying to know and curiosity got me. I also love coffee so i was hoping, wasnt expecting it to tho, soap is soap just smells better than any others.

PS-DO NOT LICK, NIBBLE or BITE the JAVA.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can not tell a lie. I licked mine a little when it first came out....i was dying to know and curiosity got me. I also love coffee so i was hoping, wasnt expecting it to tho, soap is soap just smells better than any others.

PS-DO NOT LICK, NIBBLE or BITE the JAVA.
Lol, I knew someone would come forward and say they had to try it and give it a little lick....it just smells so good haha.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Auction 9
he-man Evomuse 8
unitas27 Evomuse 39
Evomuse 5
Ape McGrapes Evomuse 3