• Established
  • First Up Vote
Can we get some feedback on these?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm sure their good. I don't see how someone could mess up fish oil caps.lol. I may give them a shot at mega doses since some seem to had sucess doing that.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Believe it or not, I have had some VERY unpleasant fish oil caps. We went with the absolute highest quality at a good price we could find, but it is always helpful to get as much feedback as possible.

Some of the brands I have tried taste like rancid french hooker...umm, not that I would know what that tastes like...DAMN!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
taste like rancid french hooker...umm, not that I would know what that tastes like...DAMN!!
I have heard that once you get past the smell you got it licked...:rasp:

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm buying some soon, so you better not run out! This is a ridiculously could price/deal.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That profile does look very similar to a local membership bulk provider's in house brand but your price does beat it by a $2.50 for the 1000

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
they are good. no fish burbs. i chewed one just to test the oil cause i'm dumb like that. I had some fish burps from that. But other than that, good stuff. I've had 15 today thus far.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
they are good. no fish burbs. i chewed one just to test the oil cause i'm dumb like that. I had some fish burps from that. But other than that, good stuff. I've had 15 today thus far.
um....lol...there's a reason that I buy caps and not the liquid...but I guess the curiosity just got to you....lol :blink:

anyways, these are in my cart for my next order!

Rx Lift

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I picked some up.. been using them for a couple of days now. No fish burps.. loving this!!

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
im really intrested on this as well . i take 6 caps ED of enteric coated fish oil and it has worked for me but the price is kind of high for fish oil im willing to try this ones, most of the pills that i have taken they give me the sh1ts/upset my stomach and give me stinky farts and fish burps.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Are you guys thinking about getting any liquid fish oil ? I'd rather take 1 tablespoon than all those softgels. I don't mind the burp either, it gives me an excuse to be rude when others annoy me.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
Are you guys thinking about getting any liquid fish oil ? I'd rather take 1 tablespoon than all those softgels. I don't mind the burp either, it gives me an excuse to be rude when others annoy me.
The liquid can be flavored too. Vitamin shop is lemon lime and there's Barlene's brand that is orange flavored. Easier to take than pills for me.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We are looking into it, yes.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The liquid can be flavored too. Vitamin shop is lemon lime and there's Barlene's brand that is orange flavored. Easier to take than pills for me.
I actually take Vitamin Shoppe's liquid fish oil. It's actually pleasant tasting !

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
May I recommend Carlson Nordic Fish Oil? It is rosemary lemon flavoured (awesomeness) and give no fish burps for myself or my family/friends that I've gotten to try it. Would love to add my FO to my next NP order.
I tried it and it's good but the price is pretty high when compared to other products. I even liked Carlson's Cod Liver Oil which my dad says used to taste like vomit when his mom made him take it as a kid.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
... I don't mind the burp either, it gives me an excuse to be rude when others annoy me.
I do not want to be within 100 metres radius of you when you are angry :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My problem with fish oil is the question of purity. Dsade has severally confirmed that NutraPlanet's Bulk Fish Oil is of very high purity, so this should not be an issue. I will definitely try the Bulk Fish Oil, once my current stock is depleted.

I currently use Life Extension's Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with 35%/25% ratio of EPA/DHA. Also contains sesame seed lignan extract, rosemary extract, and olive oil extract. A fairly advanced fish-oil supplement. Also relatively "expensive", in terms of cash outlay.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I do not want to be within 100 metres radius of you when you are angry :D
That's weird because my students have said the same thing LOL. They say I can be someone's best friend or worst enemy but I think I'm mellow enough :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think the rosemary is added to halt any peroxidation/oxidation of the product as well as the usual benefits once ingested.

I use 2-3 tablespoons of the Carlson's cod liver oil per day and it makes me feel alllllright.

earlyriser73

earlyriser73

Awards
I just recieved these. Man its a lot of tabs!

AM07

Awards
  • Established
dsade, can you post up the supplement facts, such as how many mgs of EPA and DHA per serving, serving size, how many grams of fat per cap, etc.?

Maybe post up something similar to this? Thanks

Omega-3 (200 softgels) By: NOW Foods

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It's 180 EPA and 120 DHA AM07. It's 1,000mg per pill. That's about the same as most other fish oil products. Very few have higher EPA & DHA concentrations per pill but they jack up the price a little too much for that convenience.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Ok, cool. My NOW fish oil caps have the same amount of ingredients, so I'll be switching over to bulk fish oil caps.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I have to fork out the higher price for NOW's Super EPA concentrated caps because my wife whines about taking too many pills.

jlowsho

Awards
with high quality fish oil I was hoping to see some reviews stating improved joint health, weight loss, or mood enhancement.....

Can't say "no fish burps" are much of a review... Could you guys be a LITTLE more specific?

FTR Carlson's reviews are full of such reports and has been considered the supplement's "high standard" for some time. Any one having tried both have anything interesting to compare/contrast?

This is Triglyceride FO and not Ethyl Ester, right Ds?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
with high quality fish oil I was hoping to see some reviews stating improved joint health, weight loss, or mood enhancement.....

Can't say "no fish burps" are much of a review... Could you guys be a LITTLE more specific?

FTR Carlson's reviews are full of such reports and has been considered the supplement's "high standard" for some time. Any one having tried both have anything interesting to compare/contrast?

This is Triglyceride FO and not Ethyl Ester, right Ds?
Correct.

Then again with fish oils, they are pretty much staple supps...everyone is well aware of the benefits. I was hoping to see more people playing with various dosing protocols, and reviewing in that context.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Staple as in where most people never come off and take the benefits for granted. I couldn't afford Carlson's for several weeks recently and man, did my mindset go downhill fast.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Staple as in where most people never come off and take the benefits for granted. I couldn't afford Carlson's for several weeks recently and man, did my mindset go downhill fast.
Absolutely...the mental and physical benefits (especially in the most common Western diets) are highly underrated...but at the same time well known.

Nobody should NOT be taking fish oil.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

AM07

Awards
  • Established
So how many do you all recommend taking per day? 10 caps, assuming a gram per capsule?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So how many do you all recommend taking per day? 10 caps, assuming a gram per capsule?
That is about right.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We're hoping to be able to knock it back down...delivery fuel surcharges jacked us HARD.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
We're hoping to be able to knock it back down...delivery fuel surcharges jacked us HARD.
Doesn't seem to bad. I'd take about 8 a day or so. For $75 I get an entire year worth of Fish Oil :) - Some people drop that on a single Friday night out on the town.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doesn't seem to bad. I'd take about 8 a day or so. For $75 I get an entire year worth of Fish Oil :) - Some people drop that on a single Friday night out on the town.
No, the price is still excellent...but I am a perfectionist and I never rest trying to knock the prices down.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
No, the price is still excellent...but I am a perfectionist and I never rest trying to knock the prices down.
Awesome - That's why NP rocks. Every dollar saved is one I can spend......wait, does that make sense....

Jayzen

Jayzen

Awards
Fish caps normally give me fish burps, but since I started taking Nutra’s Fish caps at 10 pills per day split up with meals I’ve been getting no fish burps at all. And a few days ago I started taking DCP/CLA/Sesamin and taking the Fish caps between meals and still no fish burps. Also I got 1000caps for what I used to pay for less then half that many. I’ll definitely be getting my fish caps from Nutra from now on.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fish caps normally give me fish burps, but since I started taking Nutra’s Fish caps at 10 pills per day split up with meals I’ve been getting no fish burps at all. And a few days ago I started taking DCP/CLA/Sesamin and taking the Fish caps between meals and still no fish burps. Also I got 1000caps for what I used to pay for less then half that many. I’ll definitely be getting my fish caps from Nutra from now on.
Thanks for the excellent feedback.

Even aside from personal experience, reports are overwhelmingly showing no fish burps.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Do you have a special fishburpometer to quantify these results?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have a special fishburpometer to quantify these results?
Yeah...sort of like a metal shape that vibrates at the correct scented frequency...I guess you would call it a "Tuna Fork".

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's 180 EPA and 120 DHA AM07. It's 1,000mg per pill. That's about the same as most other fish oil products. Very few have higher EPA & DHA concentrations per pill but they jack up the price a little too much for that convenience.
Super Epa by Now has more EPA and DHA than that, and the price isn't bad either.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Super Epa by Now has more EPA and DHA than that, and the price isn't bad either.
120 for $12 with double content (say the Bulk equivalent of 240 caps.)

That would convert to 480 caps for $24...so with the NP brand you get OVER twice as much EPA/DHA for the same price.