dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
RPN is thinking about cross marketing Flawless stretch mark and scar cream to the Tattoo culture. Even if we had our ink done yet (which we don't...but soon) we would have no comparative healing times with which to judge the efficacy.

What we need is this:

An experienced tattoo connoisseur with plenty of ink, that is going to be getting another piece put on pretty soon (next few weeks) that is willing to do a pretty in depth log and comparison of healing times based on previous tats and the new one.

The cream does NOT have any exfoliants or chemicals which would harm the ink. Cream will be used twice a day over the tattoo.

Subjective feedback needs to be of the utmost quality, so testers will be looked at very closely. This is NOT a cheap product to make.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn....should say "Experienced"

Fixed - B5150

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

phantom

Awards
  • Established
RPN is thinking about cross marketing Flawless stretch mark and scar cream to the Tattoo culture. Even if we had our ink done yet (which we don't...but soon) we would have no comparative healing times with which to judge the efficacy.

What we need is this:

An experienced tattoo connoisseur with plenty of ink, that is going to be getting another piece put on pretty soon (next few weeks) that is willing to do a pretty in depth log and comparison of healing times based on previous tats and the new one.

The cream does NOT have any exfoliants or chemicals which would harm the ink. Cream will be used twice a day over the tattoo.

Subjective feedback needs to be of the utmost quality, so testers will be looked at very closely. This is NOT a cheap product to make.
This is a good idea...I've used tattoo goo b4, which has shea butter as a main ingred. and it woked pretty well...I can only imagine that with the very advanced Flawless, it should greatly enhance healing-which is good for maintaining color.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a good idea...I've used tattoo goo b4, which has shea butter as a main ingred. and it woked pretty well...I can only imagine that with the very advanced Flawless, it should greatly enhance healing-which is good for maintaining color.
Agreed....we might chance the packaging slightly for this market and called it Flawless Ink.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
dsade, I have a scheduled appointment for Nov. 19th. I will be working (finishing hopefully), my right forearm.

I (almost) have two full sleeves. Whole chest is done. Entire back (almost) done. Both calves are about 70-80% covered.

After my forearm is done, I will be working on finishing my back or possibly moving on to my hips/lower abdomen (I should and would like to finish my current projects, but I get to many new ideas and get impatient, so I start a new area).

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't help you out now, but I will be trying this in Decemebr after I get my back and right shoulder done.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
dsade, I have a scheduled appointment for Nov. 19th. I will be working (finishing hopefully), my right forearm.

I (almost) have two full sleeves. Whole chest is done. Entire back (almost) done. Both calves are about 70-80% covered.

After my forearm is done, I will be working on finishing my back or possibly moving on to my hips/lower abdomen (I should and would like to finish my current projects, but I get to many new ideas and get impatient, so I start a new area).
OHHHH ouch!!!! How bad do they hurt to get done,REALLY? You will have to post pics, I admire good ink.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Are you domestic?

tattoopierced1

OHHHH ouch!!!! How bad do they hurt to get done,REALLY? You will have to post pics, I admire good ink.
It all depends on where you get them... Feels like a sunburn really, like if someone rubs a fresh sunburn to irritate you. I've got some randoms on both arms, a rocker across my stomach, and the most recent on my ribs... the ribs by far hurt worse than any area I've had done so far.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
across the chest hurts like mad when it is on the sternum

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Over the years of collecting ink, I've noticed that the pain depends on location, artist style & needle set (i.e liners, 7, 15, 45 mag, etc.), and physical/mental state.

Different artists have a different approach. Also, I remember when my buddy Conan (Custom Tattoo and Fine Art in Indianapolis by Conan Lea, JayDee, Ashley LaFollette, and James Minor) came over from Indy to tattoo me. He ran into traffic and didn't get here until late. We started at about 12:30 am on my left arm (which I had already had work on). It was one of the most painful 4 1/2 hour sessions I had/have done. I chalk it up to being physically & mentally tired.

On the other hand, I was getting my back done (6 hour session) and I feel asleep. The piece was done by Andy Ringo (Evolved | http://www.evolvedbodyart.com/) in Columbus. He said I was out for about 2 hours off and on. I was laying on a table on my stomach. I woke up drewling on the table (Now on certain areas during that same session I was WIDE awake).

The two artists that are currently working on me are Monte (Monte Tattoo) & (soon to be) Ryan Hadley (Ryan Hadley).

Great artists. Monte is in Indiana and Hadley is in Columbus.

Hey Crader, you should grab dsade and head over to Hell City this coming summer in Columbus. Bunch of great artists and a really cool expo. I go every year. I'll be there getting worked on.

(Sorry for the long @$$ post. Tattoo gets me excited.) I will be posting pics here really soon.

Also, a plug for a good friend of mine, Guy Aitchison (Hyperspace Studios). He will be on the show Tattoo Wars tonight @ 8 p.m. (eastern) on TLC. Really good show with EXCELLENT artists. Check it out.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lol I went to Hellcity last year. We will definitley go to watch your pain:)

atnartist

atnartist

Awards
I would be interested in trying this, I own a tattoo shop in TN called Skin Graphix Tattoo Studio, you can look us up online at skingraphixtattoo.com and on myspace. One of my artists and myself are looking into breaking a guiness book world record for the longest tattoo session here in December. The session that we are shooting for will last 51 hours. Anyhow, let me know, we would be happy to give this a try, and I do believe we have the experience you are looking for. I personally have been tattooed and getting tattooed for twenty years now.

tattoopierced1

recieved the cream today.. will try it out after my shower tonight. At this point, the tattoo is in the "itchy as hell" healing stage. It will be 1 week old tomorrow and is starting to flake. Hopefully the cream will help with the itchy feeling. It certainly does smell nice.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
recieved the cream today.. will try it out after my shower tonight. At this point, the tattoo is in the "itchy as hell" healing stage. It will be 1 week old tomorrow and is starting to flake. Hopefully the cream will help with the itchy feeling. It certainly does smell nice.
Score one for the Post Office. Looking forward to your feedback, for sure.

tattoopierced1

Just applied it for the first time tonight after my shower. It is not greasy at all, goes on smooth as silk. Very little of this goes a long way, so the container should last as long as you need it to depending on the size of the tattoo. I had it cover about 5x8 inches on my ribs, and only used a few dabs of the cream. I do use Java Lather as my regular soap, so maybe this cream combined with Java Lather will really make this healing process quicker than normal. More updates to come.

On a side note, I'd like to thank Dsade for letting me try this out.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ideally, we are approaching skin care and appearance enhancement from every angle we can think of. After the initial "settling" of the ink (the only way I can think to phrase it) the Java Lather should definitely combine perfectly with Flawless to enhance healing significantly.

And thank you for reviewing this for me, in an area I am by no means an expert in.

tattoopierced1

Did it help any with the itching?
not really. I would like to see someone that tries this from the day they get the tattoo though, it may help with itching if used over time.

I really do enjoy the smell of this stuff, it smells awesome. Kudos on that.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm sooooo thinking about getting another tattoo now, its been 4 months since the last

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not to get off subject, but I just noticed your green... congrats easy!
thanks! just happened yesterday.

Its funny, I hadn't gotten a tattoo in about 10 years, but after having gotten the one on my chest in hawaii, I have a serious urge to continue to get more.

tattoopierced1

thanks! just happened yesterday.

Its funny, I hadn't gotten a tattoo in about 10 years, but after having gotten the one on my chest in hawaii, I have a serious urge to continue to get more.
this was my first one in about 5 years, so i know the feeling.

I only want 2 more, one of which is a full sleeve.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Will you sponsor me if I get a Nutraplanet full sleeve???

:D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry, Dsade, I am an old school tattoo healer.

The secret to healing my tattoos ... leave it the **** alone.

No goop, no goo's, no sprays, let the body heal itself.

I had another 3 hours of work done on one of my sleeves Friday and I am comfortably wearing a suit today.
The more I pursue this, the more this point of view seems to be coming up.

Again, not experienced in this area, but if healing is the most important aspect of having a good tat, I can't help but think that something that speeds healing, while keeping your skin supple (not dried out) would be the way to go.

Guess we'll see :)

atnartist

atnartist

Awards
The more I pursue this, the more this point of view seems to be coming up.

Again, not experienced in this area, but if healing is the most important aspect of having a good tat, I can't help but think that something that speeds healing, while keeping your skin supple (not dried out) would be the way to go.

Guess we'll see :)
you are correct! the Old school WAS kewl when thats all there was, hell I learned to tattoo in the cleanest shop in Augusta, GA twenty years ago when NOBODY wore gloves, used new needles and all that stuff that was old school. Glad I got off the horse and buggy mentality. I have clients that have flown in from Alaska to get full sleeves over the weekend and believe me they want the best that is out there, that would include updated knowledge on healing. I am looking forward to trying this product. Thanks.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
D, any ETA when Flawless will be here in the store?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The tattoo artist is the most important aspect of having a good tattoo. You can travel across the globe for the best shop conditions and healing creams but if the tattoo artist is just a well sponsored scratcher, your going to have a bad tattoo.
This was kind of a given...I have the utmost respect for artists, and from watching some of the work they do I am amazed at their talents. Nothing can salvage a bad tattoo given by a bad artist...but we look to push the envelope and find IDEAL factors and conditions leading to the perfect tattoo.

tattoopierced1

update: things are going well... peeling has pretty much stopped and the itching has subsided. I love this stuff

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
update: things are going well... peeling has pretty much stopped and the itching has subsided. I love this stuff
How is the healing compared to previous, untreated tats?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BTW...here is the initial design for the label....thoughts?

Attachments

atnartist

atnartist

Awards
oooh, it has such pretty colors. cant wait to try it, especially cause it means new INK!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oooh, it has such pretty colors. cant wait to try it, especially cause it means new INK!
Pretty? Is that a good thing or bad thing? :)

I wanted to have the right label to send to you, so I will go ahead and knock this out so I can mail it tomorrow.

tattoopierced1

How is the healing compared to previous, untreated tats?
Its hard to say at this point, but I honestly think this is healing up faster than any of my other previous tattoos. I usually have the flaking associated with the tattoo healing for 2 weeks, however this time was only for 4-6 days. The slightly "raised" feeling of the skin is also going down, a sure sign to me that it is on the tail end of the healing process.

Edit: also, color looks good, even though its only black, it is still very dark and the cream has not affected the color at all.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear that its not affecting the color at all. As that is my only concern, after all color makes the tat;)

tattoopierced1

Glad to hear that its not affecting the color at all. As that is my only concern, after all color makes the tat;)
another thing I like about it is I still havent actually tapped into using any of the cream from the container... I've been using the stuff stuck to the top cap, so this stuff lasts a while, a little dab'll do ya

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
another thing I like about it is I still havent actually tapped into using any of the cream from the container... I've been using the stuff stuck to the top cap, so this stuff lasts a while, a little dab'll do ya
We made it really thick and creamy so that it would last forever!! Well that and we wanted you to smell good so the longer it lasts the more you can enjoy the scent.

tattoopierced1

We made it really thick and creamy so that it would last forever!! Well that and we wanted you to smell good so the longer it lasts the more you can enjoy the scent.
I love the smell.. I often catch myself sniffing the side of myself throughout the day ;)

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Is this product going to just be called flawless ink, or will there be regular flawless, and flawless ink?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this product going to just be called flawless ink, or will there be regular flawless, and flawless ink?
Two products...Flawless is mainstream marketed to bodybuilders and other people with stretchmarks (post-partum mothers, etc.). Flawless Ink will be strictly marketed for the tattoo crowd.

Same product, different packaging.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats flawless cost? my wife is pregnant right now

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whats flawless cost? my wife is pregnant right now
4 ounces should last around 2 months, and will run about $42.95 a jar.

NP should have them by next week.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
dsade, your PM box was full. Just wanted to let you know if you needed a tester from the initial healing stage, I'll be getting work done (color, right forearm) on Nov. 19th. Thanks.