$100 - What staples to get?

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Guys, i am about to start my stack of...

DRIVE/ACT.X/PFULL/INCARNATE, and oddly enough, today i got a refund check that i wasnt expecting. So, im looking to add some staples to my stack for daily use and was curious as to what you guys would get if given $100. Here is what ive chosen thus far.

*Citrulline malate
* NA-R-ALA
* Elastamine (taking this along w/incarnate for my shoulder)

thinking on the following....
? (napalm or lipo-y) ?
? (bulk HMB...cost effective)
? (ALCAR / PLCAR) ?
?

Already have a decent stock of the following

bcaa's
cee
BA
yellow gold
multi's
fish oil

thanks

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Healthy Cheat Foods Protein Pancake Mix is pretty awesome! Not a supp, but still one of my staples...
Healthy Cheat Foods

Last edited:

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Beta-Alanine
Leucine
Creatine Gluconate
ZMK
MVP-365
Fish Oil
Some decent protein powder.

bodybybrad

bodybybrad

Awards
water, whey, multivitamin, antioxidants, creatine monohydrate.

done.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
you think creatine gluconate is a staple over monohydrate? :rofl:
You think it's not? :rofl:

Different strokes for different folks, mono makes me look like: :donut:

Defiantly not a staple for me.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
You think it's not? :rofl:

Different strokes for different folks, mono makes me look like: :donut:

Defiantly not a staple for me.
you think creatine gluconate is that much better than CEE , monohydrate, etc.....I have read some on this, just would like other opinions. I know the price of CG is a little steep....

thanks

nelix

Awards
  • Established
you think creatine gluconate is that much better than CEE , monohydrate, etc.....I have read some on this, just would like other opinions. I know the price of CG is a little steep....

thanks
It is about 4 times as expensive... only you don't need as much...

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
i think napalm...and def write a review about it!

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
i think napalm...and def write a review about it!
Yep, im definitely considering doing this. Does anyone think this has better potential than lipo-y or lipo-u? I would like to keep a log of this napalm and add it to my stack of DRIVE/ACT.X/PFULL/INCARNATE.

THANKS

onelife

onelife

Awards
haha i would also like to see a log of napalm...but with all that other stuff stacked with it.. i think the results might be a little skewed

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am not a big pusher of most formulas (I am a bulk powder kind of guy) but can't believe no one said RPM.

When you work out harder you can grow better, plain and simple... I know you have drive so maybe just add some Yohimbine nutra caps instead of getter RPM (yohimbine causes vasodialation while caffiene causes constriction)

Also consider glycerine or GMS... I think Glycerine has some solid potential and is verry ignored here.

Finally I would say Coconut oil for cooking. Cooking with olive oil denatures the omega-6 oils into unhealthy saturated fats. Coconut oil provides healthy natural MCT's and is great for cooking (oiling a pan not really sautee).

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Only extra virgin coconut oil, cheap arse coconut oil is proven to raise the risk of heart problems.

Poseidon is surprising in how effective it is...

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yep, im definitely considering doing this. Does anyone think this has better potential than lipo-y or lipo-u?
Think of Napalm and its older brothers, Lipoderm-Y and Lipoderm-Ultra, as complementary. You don't have to pick Napalm over L-Y or L-U, or vice versa. Napalm was designed to stack with one of those two, preferably L-U.

I'd also suggest giving the new SyntheSIZE a try- it's improved all around. Formula is better, taste is better, smell is better.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
here's my staple that I would buy with 100 bucks or close to it. Poseidon(Big one), Green Magnitude, and like 200g of CM.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would just get some protein. A good mix of slow digesting and fast digesting. Also try MST new multi-vitiamin and ZMK.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I am not a big pusher of most formulas (I am a bulk powder kind of guy) but can't believe no one said RPM.

I know you have drive so maybe just add some Yohimbine nutra caps instead of getter RPM (yohimbine causes vasodialation while caffiene causes constriction)

Also consider glycerine or GMS... I think Glycerine has some solid potential and is verry ignored here.
I agree. I am a capping machine with the bulk powders. Justreading, so u think yohimbine nutra caps would be pretty good with my stack? What exactly would that allow me to do in terms of working out? Pumps?

Also, i am very INTERESTED in glycerine. Have you ever used this and if so, what did it do for u? i have hear it causes nice vascularity among other things. Doesn't nutra carry this also?

Any light you want to shed on those two products with my stack, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks man
msucurt

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Staple: A basic or principal element

ALA, NAC, F/O, Multi V,C&E maybe some CEE

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't go crazy. When I remember to take them I believe I get in one 1g tab of C 2x/d and one 1000iu gelcap of E 2x/d. They are cheap Kirkland brand and I am sure that their bioavailability may be poor(er) than a premium brand.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree. I am a capping machine with the bulk powders. Justreading, so u think yohimbine nutra caps would be pretty good with my stack? What exactly would that allow me to do in terms of working out? Pumps?

Also, i am very INTERESTED in glycerine. Have you ever used this and if so, what did it do for u? i have hear it causes nice vascularity among other things. Doesn't nutra carry this also?

Any light you want to shed on those two products with my stack, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks man
msucurt
Personally I don't cap anything. I have yet to find a powder I can't handle straight. If I had to cap them I would NEVER buy powders, just to lazy.

Yohimbine is for energy to replace caffiene. I will often mix 5mg yoh with 200mg caff but I try to keep the caff to a min because it is a vasiocostricor. The idea of the Yoh is not to cause pumps (although it very well might) but rather to provide energy without decreasing pumps if that makes sense.
Actually I am surprised this concept isn't more popular in formulas.

As far as glycerine, I know NP carries GMS (powdered glycerine basically) but it is much more costly (still cheap though.) Glycerine shows promise in the way it pulls fluids into muscles. Everyone always wants cell volumization but overlook glycerine. Glycerine also may be helpful in absorbing BCAA's and creatine because of how it pulls water into muscle cells. One particular product that is pushed on another board combines aminos with glycerine and people are obsessed with it so there is some anecdotal evidence behind this. I have only used GMS and liked it ok but did not use it often enough. My next order will include glycerine and I will use it anytime I use BCAA or creatine.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nutra's got NOW Vegetable Glycerine. I just got some in my latest order and I'm thinking about trying it out today.

BTW, I agree with the Yoh, but I think most companies would opt out of using it more often because some people just can't handle it's effects. I, myself, was taking 15mg/day with no apparent adverse effects.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Boneless skinless chicken breasts..... currently on sale for $1.79/lb here by me. $100 worth will put more size on you than any supplements on the market.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Personally I don't cap anything. I have yet to find a powder I can't handle straight. If I had to cap them I would NEVER buy powders, just to lazy.

Yohimbine is for energy to replace caffiene. I will often mix 5mg yoh with 200mg caff but I try to keep the caff to a min because it is a vasiocostricor. The idea of the Yoh is not to cause pumps (although it very well might) but rather to provide energy without decreasing pumps if that makes sense.
Actually I am surprised this concept isn't more popular in formulas.

As far as glycerine, I know NP carries GMS (powdered glycerine basically) but it is much more costly (still cheap though.) Glycerine shows promise in the way it pulls fluids into muscles. Everyone always wants cell volumization but overlook glycerine. Glycerine also may be helpful in absorbing BCAA's and creatine because of how it pulls water into muscle cells. One particular product that is pushed on another board combines aminos with glycerine and people are obsessed with it so there is some anecdotal evidence behind this. I have only used GMS and liked it ok but did not use it often enough. My next order will include glycerine and I will use it anytime I use BCAA or creatine.
Can you name this glycerine/BCAA product? I'd like to read up on it.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think he's referring to the Liquid Beef Aminos.

EDIT: I think All American EFX sells them, BTW.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think he's referring to the Liquid Beef Aminos.

EDIT: I think All American EFX sells them, BTW.
Yes thats right...

I went over there and called them out on it being AA and glycerine and boy did the circular reasoning and intimidation tactics start up quickly.

A well known guy over there has tried EAA and glycerine and says it is as good or better than the "miracle" product.

Also "liquid beef aminos" is an f'ing made up name (jesus I hate the guy who made up that name!) the real name is liquid amino elite

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Also "liquid beef aminos" is an f'ing made up name (jesus I hate the guy who made up that name!) the real name is liquid amino elite
Haha yeah I figured that out after actually trying to search for "liquid beef aminos" lol. That's the only thing I ever hear it being referred to as round here.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
True, yet people continue to waste money on BCAA supplements.
Riddle me this Colonel Sanders. How is a guy going to store $100 (near 60lbs) in the frig. I dont live in a meat processing house. I understand chicken is a staple...make no bones about that....but staples in terms of supplements i was asking...

So, when we work out , are we supposed to sip on a watermelong flavored chicken breast shake?

:squat: :bb:

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
True, yet people continue to waste money on BCAA supplements.
Then why are you on this board? BCAA are an example of proven core supplements not some flavor of the week kitchen sink formula. If you have a problem with the basics like BCAA then why would you ever come to a supplement based board like NP where endless products are discussed that don't have a 10th of the research BCAA's do.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
whey, waxy maize starch, creatine monohydrate

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Riddle me this Colonel Sanders. How is a guy going to store $100 (near 60lbs) in the frig. I dont live in a meat processing house. I understand chicken is a staple...make no bones about that....but staples in terms of supplements i was asking...

So, when we work out , are we supposed to sip on a watermelong flavored chicken breast shake?

:squat: :bb:

Sure if you want to use them than its fine. I just don't think they are necessary or a staple for that matter. If your spend more on supplements than you do on food, then thats a problem. I like to try out certain supplements once in a while, but nothing is a "staple" besides a multi-vitamin, and a multi-vitamin is just so you are not deficient in certain vitamins and minerals. The truth of it is people don't eat enough of the right foods, I am guilty of this also. I could see protein drinks, if you don't get enough meat in your diet or just find it difficult to eat so much meat. They have BCAAs in them already though. Really though you don't have to gourge yourself on protein to build muscle. To me a supplement is just something extra, to help me in weaknesses in my diet. They are just to fill in the gaps because my diet is not perfect and probally never will be.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sure if you want to use them than its fine. I just don't think they are necessary or a staple for that matter. If your spend more on supplements than you do on food, then thats a problem. I like to try out certain supplements once in a while, but nothing is a "staple" besides a multi-vitamin, and a multi-vitamin is just so you are not deficient in certain vitamins and minerals. The truth of it is people don't eat enough of the right foods, I am guilty of this also. I could see protein drinks, if you don't get enough meat in your diet or just find it difficult to eat so much meat. They have BCAAs in them already though. Really though you don't have to gourge yourself on protein to build muscle. To me a supplement is just something extra, to help me in weaknesses in my diet. They are just to fill in the gaps because my diet is not perfect and probally never will be.

I agree with your logic but the question remains: Why are you here then?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ha I'm not really trying to call you out but it just sounds nuts that someone with those viewpoints would spend time on a supp board.

I am a supp skeptic myself but I like certain ones or else I wouldn't be here. Although I agree, when it comes to 90% of the stuff people on here push, I am just reading ha

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha I'm not really trying to call you out but it just sounds nuts that someone with those viewpoints would spend time on a supp board.
Just an FYI, but we have evolved into a supplement (whore and pimp) board over the recent years. We used to have a LOT more bodybuilding/training, diet, transdermal recipe and ancillary discussions. This board was founded on transdermal science. Now most members here have never used, or for that matter, never heard of any of those products.

Guys like T-Bone are dinosaurs.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Chicken is not a supplement, it's a staple.
Supplements add to a solid diet and training routine... That's what the poster is asking for...
Supplements mean different things to different people...
Some people would say creatine, protein and fish oil... Other's might say nothing... And some people like newer things that they find works for them...

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Don't let a simple statement get blown out of proportion. I said chicken to remind the readers and not necessarily the posters that they need to stay grounded, and in touch w/ the important stuff.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cut and pasted this definition I found,

dietary supplement -- Vitamins, minerals, or other substances taken by mouth, and intended as an addition to the diet.

sup•ple•ment

Pronunciation: (
—n.sup'lu-munt;
—v.sup'lu-ment"), [key]
—n.
1. something added to complete a thing, supply a deficiency, or reinforce or extend a whole.
2. a part added to a book, document, etc., to supply additional or later information, correct errors, or the like.
3. a part, usually of special character, issued as an additional feature of a newspaper or other periodical.
4. Geom.the quantity by which an angle or an arc falls short of 180° or a semicircle.

sup·ple·ment (sŭp'lə-mənt)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin supplēmentum, from supplēre, to complete; see supply.]

noun
Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole.
A section added to a book or document to give further information or to correct errors.
A separate section devoted to a special subject inserted into a periodical, such as a newspaper.
Mathematics The angle or arc that when added to a given angle or arc makes 180° or a semicircle. Also called supplementary angle
transitive verb: -ment·ed, -ment·ing, -ments.
To provide or form a supplement to.
derivatives
supple·men·tar'i·ty
noun
supple·men'ta·ry
adjective
supple·men·ta'tion
noun

bodybybrad

bodybybrad

Awards
avoid the yohimbine that everyone keeps pushing. it is garbage. it is an MAOI and has TONS OF DRUG INTERACTIONS some that could be deadly. dont mess around with MAOI.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't let a simple statement get blown out of proportion.
Then what else would there be to discuss?

You're out of proportion!
You're out of proportion!
This whole thread is out of proportion!

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah bro, and stay away from that GRAPEFRUIT JUICE too!! TONS OF DRUG INTERACTIONS!

:D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
avoid the yohimbine that everyone keeps pushing. it is garbage. it is an MAOI and has TONS OF DRUG INTERACTIONS some that could be deadly. dont mess around with MAOI.
While I agree that he does not need Yohimbine as a staple, it is not garbage and has it's place and time when used safely and responsibly.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just an FYI, but we have evolved into a supplement (whore and pimp) board over the recent years. We used to have a LOT more bodybuilding/training, diet, transdermal recipe and ancillary discussions. This board was founded on transdermal science. Now most members here have never used, or for that matter, never heard of any of those products.

Guys like T-Bone are dinosaurs.
I miss the old forum ways, were much more useful to me (hence never here).

If you have limited $ if you eat chicken & train correctly you will grow cheaply. If you have more $ the supps can help.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Don't let a simple statement get blown out of proportion. I said chicken to remind the readers and not necessarily the posters that they need to stay grounded, and in touch of the important stuff.
If anything I was agreeing that chicken is top stuff. :)
I was just trying to lay out the fact that supplements are not really supplements unless a person has there diet and training down.

Sevename

Awards
I'd skip the little stuff and buy another stack of good stuff, whatever you think the good stuff may be, for future use. Bulk AA and Drive. A years worth of HMB would be great, you could get 1.5 kilos from NP for about $100. You could get most of the stuff you need for an Epi cycle for that amount. All the little stuff combined won't give you the results of one or two big items IMO and it looks like you alrady have the basics covered.