international discounts?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just a thought... US customers get free shipping over $199..

I dont do many orders, but my first order was 900US, my next one will be 700-900US... and im sure alot of overseas customers spend 300-400... maybe they could get some discount or 5% off? I dunno..

International shipping is a KILLER< your half price shipping thingo sale was AWESOME.. it saved me like 70US... seriously.. was wild..

:)

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
We have to think of something that is both good for nutraplanet and good for us.

What about something like international orders over 400 US get a 25% discount on the shipping and that shipping is USPS options only.

Scrap the half price international shipping that happens occasionally during the year. Siphon the discount of the half price shipping that we receive into a more regular and less heavy discount.

This will make people more willing to purchase MORE often (which means more purchases from nutra) and less interested in waiting for that half price option, building up their lists, and making 900 dollar orders which cost 140 in shipping, which at 70 dollar saving is good for the consumer at that time, but may cut into nutra too heavily.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
There is also other issues which I have noticed with
international ordering, that may be of interest to nutra.

Because of the cost of shipping:
1. I order less frequently than I would do
2. I am more inclined to "make the order count". i.e. I will deliberate on products, look up reviews and feedback, revise my cart(or in my case a word document) over many days/weeks, pull things out of the cart, put things in, pull things out etc. If you check out AdelV, he really went to town before ordering his previous 900 nutra order posting threads about advice about his order in various forums. He got good feedback and culled his order nicely.

Because we want to make it count we are more cautious.

Another issue is the issue of "that new product". US sellers to US consumers do get a benefit from this phenomenon via the fact that as the shipping is low and the product looks promising, "heck, why not, lets give it a try."

I am and I think other international people overall are less inclined to try "that new product" as they have not read enough feedback/results, and as such will leave it till their next order. By that time, you might find that either:

a) that product that sounded good, was good and received good feedback...from here you would buy.

b) that product that sounded good, was ok, nothing special but ok nonetheless...from here you might buy or your might not.

c) that product that sounded good, was not that good...from here you wouldn't buy

d) that product 2+ months ago that was new, but now there is another product with similar ingredients with better additions(many knockoffs in this industry), and this sounds better than the old product which first got you interested...from here you might wait for feedback, or you might go ahead and give it a shot (however that first product does not get trialled by you, and in reality one less sale for the wholesaler and retailer)

Just some food for thought.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you got it... im always waiting.... if i lived in the US.. id do orders whenever, cos it costs NOTHING...

the extra 170US on shipping hits u fairly hard.. tho were lucky our dollar is strong atm.. but not when it was 55cents to the us DOLLAR...

:D

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i live in new zealand and i get a few of my gym buds in on the order and we share the freight costs

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I share the shipping costs with a friend.

Not only that, but 150 bucks shipping is cheap compared for $110 for OLD Activate at local GNC.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I share the shipping costs with a friend.

Not only that, but 150 bucks shipping is cheap compared for $110 for OLD Activate at local GNC.
150 dollar shipping. jjjjeezz thats crazy! I thought my 6 dollar shipping was pretty crazy. :D

nelix

Awards
  • Established
150 is for 3 day fedex to Australia with a bunch of large containers that is pretty heavy (15kg?) I guess that costs a lot of money.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
150 is for 3 day fedex to Australia with a bunch of large containers that is pretty heavy (15kg?) I guess that costs a lot of money.

anything via fedex is expensive when shiping overseas, esp 15kg, i've found USPS is a great option and a lot more economical

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anything via fedex is expensive when shiping overseas, esp 15kg, i've found USPS is a great option and a lot more economical
150 is still a ****load id rather spend on supps than shipping..

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Fedex is a lot better with customs (they actually call me when I need to talk to customs, and will sort things out on my behalf) and when it's an extra 40 bucks on top of 500 who cares?

I pay for piece of mind I guess.

I'm not saying some discounts or bonus's would not be nice, I'm just saying I'm happy if my supplements stay cheap and actually get here.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
since shipping for US customers who spend over $200 is free i dont see why international customers shouldnt get some kind of discount as well. doesnt have to be 50% off but something would be nice. I would definitely shop at Nutra more often if that was the case.

Say we haven't had the 50% offer for a while *hint hint*

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fedex is a lot better with customs (they actually call me when I need to talk to customs, and will sort things out on my behalf) and when it's an extra 40 bucks on top of 500 who cares?

I pay for piece of mind I guess.

I'm not saying some discounts or bonus's would not be nice, I'm just saying I'm happy if my supplements stay cheap and actually get here.
U havent been reading BB boards lately have u? 90% of people ordering with fedex have issues, they resend orders back without contacting you most of the time.. USPS always send a letter out and only take out the product which has issues..

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Really? Thanks for the heads up man.
Anything else I ought to know about?

I can never keep up with BB so much junk...

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really? Thanks for the heads up man.
Anything else I ought to know about?

I can never keep up with BB so much junk...
Same losers ordering PHS cos they have no idea about diet/training.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, no wonder 90% of orders are getting sent back with fedex.

Still it's nice to know that if customs decide something is bad that I don't know about, that ups will just send the single item home.
Now I can order the NHA stack and if Alpha Drive is bad they will just send it home.

Thanks for the advice AdelV

blind12

blind12

Awards
USPS holds packages for two weeks before sending them out, I've been waiting for my first shipment for almost a month now and it is not here (in Estonia) yet.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
USPS holds packages for two weeks before sending them out, I've been waiting for my first shipment for almost a month now and it is not here (in Estonia) yet.

sounds like an Estonian thing, in new zealand i've received a shipment in 5 days from nutra using USPS

once it reaches NZ, the NZPS takes over and delivers

blind12

blind12

Awards
sounds like an Estonian thing, in new zealand i've received a shipment in 5 days from nutra using USPS

once it reaches NZ, the NZPS takes over and delivers
Well, it was at the local FAYETTEVILLE, GA post office for 2 weeks, according to their own information. My second order has spent 5 days there and hasn't moved yet.

Of course, once it reaches Estonia, the local customs takes over and that's where the real pain begins.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Can I just say once more that I ****ing hate customs?

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Well, it was at the local FAYETTEVILLE, GA post office for 2 weeks, according to their own information. My second order has spent 5 days there and hasn't moved yet.

Of course, once it reaches Estonia, the local customs takes over and that's where the real pain begins.
maybe they don't know where Estonia is, cause i sure don't (joke) somewhere in europe,???:think:

i just checked google maps, it's below finland, f*ck it must get cold there!!!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ye I know there isnt huge mark ups from NP as they have awesome prices, but saying that... free shipping on over 200 orders would cost them 20-40bucks easily id say.. esp when people like me doing 800US orders.. so I reckon they could manage a 25% off shipping for orders over $400US internationally or something..

I dunno.. just a thought... my last shipping was $170US... but NP had a sale half price shipping, so that saved me ****loads... every dollar counts..

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I was under the impression that NP did not make any money on shipping, and by that definition it would cost them $170 to give you $170 free shipping?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was under the impression that NP did not make any money on shipping, and by that definition it would cost them $170 to give you $170 free shipping?
Yes it would.. but considering US customers get free shipping over 200US, maybe us internationals could get some form of discount..

:)

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Is anyone from NP going to chime in here???????

and for the record B unit Estonia has awesome cheap beer and all of the women are hot as you can get, its the dream!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Eastern Europe my man. I will be checking it out soon, the accent works a treat.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol sweet

so anyway anyone from NP.. 20-25% off discount..

it works out the same as giving US customers free shipping doesnt it? i dont see the problem, esp if we're spending 500US plus

:D:D:D

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
lol sweet

so anyway anyone from NP.. 20-25% off discount..

it works out the same as giving US customers free shipping doesnt it? i dont see the problem, esp if we're spending 500US plus

:D:D:D
Could one of you guys give me a quick breakdown on what it is that you spend $500 on in one hit? do u stock up on proteins or something?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could one of you guys give me a quick breakdown on what it is that you spend $500 on in one hit? do u stock up on proteins or something?
order for a mate or 2 also.. it adds up fast man...

example..

my last order was 400 CLA caps...
1kg ALCAR
L-Leucine (1 kilo)
Bulk PowerFULL (100 gm)
Green Tea Powder (50% EGCG) (500 gm)
Fish Oil
2 x multi vitamins
garlic
Poseidon
yellow gold
xtend
blah blah, it adds up very fast!!

off course i spilt the 1kg stuff with a mate.. i dont take alot of stuff myself.. ":)

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
is there no where at home that does bulk powders? i havent been home for 2 years so i wouldnt know. What about buying fish oil, garlic and multis at home as well to reduce the weight and shipping charges?

i remember going into the GNC's when they had there 40% off sales and buy my 1kg protein for $80 and thinking i was getting a great deal.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
4 bottles of RPM
10 Bottles of Natural Resveratrol
3 bottles of Glucophase XR
3 Bottles of Super EPA

Are the things of interest in my last 2 orders (there's a bunch of boring stuff too)

My current cart looks like this, but is subject to change.

3 Ultimate NHA Stack (value!)
3 Super EPA
1 Abyss
1 Swell
1 Blast
1 Hydroxl 4 Cissus Quadrangularis

Waiting on some millennium sport products, I'll probably add Cordygen5, ZMK, MVP. Still not sure about pre workout drinks, I have a million laying around that i find undrinkable.

AZZA

AZZA

Banned
Awards
Aussie guys, my last order of Methyl 1-D & IGH-1 was 13 US to post out, I would dip out on the powders and just order capsule's. I priced a 10LB bag of whey and it was 70 dollars from memory. Any of you guys run into issues bringing in products like Jungle Warfare, Espitane, RPM?
AZZA

nelix

Awards
  • Established
All of the things you mention are banned (even the protein) for import except RPM. But we have local protein suppliers and RPM is cool

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Aussie guys, my last order of Methyl 1-D & IGH-1 was 13 US to post out, I would dip out on the powders and just order capsule's. I priced a 10LB bag of whey and it was 70 dollars from memory. Any of you guys run into issues bringing in products like Jungle Warfare, Espitane, RPM?
AZZA
dont waste your money on ph's cos they wont get in at all.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
4 bottles of RPM
10 Bottles of Natural Resveratrol
3 bottles of Glucophase XR
3 Bottles of Super EPA

Are the things of interest in my last 2 orders (there's a bunch of boring stuff too)

My current cart looks like this, but is subject to change.

3 Ultimate NHA Stack (value!)
3 Super EPA
1 Abyss
1 Swell
1 Blast
1 Hydroxl 4 Cissus Quadrangularis

Waiting on some millennium sport products, I'll probably add Cordygen5, ZMK, MVP. Still not sure about pre workout drinks, I have a million laying around that i find undrinkable.
1 Abyss wont get in...

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
forgot one of the reps mentioned.. one of the things which helps u sleep may cause issues with customs.. just warning u
aussie customs are terrible, over in NZ it's all good for supps except for anything that has epherdine or pseudo-epherdine in it

AZZA

AZZA

Banned
Awards
Are you aussue guys familiar with the TGA website? I always look up the banned list and it is a long list. If a product you bring in small quantitys (3 months supply only) does not have a banned listed ingredient then it is in. I have told customs before that a product i ordered is not on the list and it is up to TGA to update its list, they then sent it to me.
AZZA

AZZA

AZZA

Banned
Awards
All of the things you mention are banned (even the protein) for import except RPM. But we have local protein suppliers and RPM is cool
Why is the protein banned when you can buy it here? I use ON gold standard whey and buy from The Supplement Den. I will check the ingredient list of the PH's against the TGA list.
My Methyl 1-D came through opened and inspected. 9 days in total to come in.:bruce3:
AZZA

nelix

Awards
  • Established
The TGA just does drugs and supplements.

Protein is banned by customs them selves, because it may not be up to Australian Dairy standards.

Something does not need to be on the TGA list to be banned ether, something can have an impossible chemical name (like JW) or name that does not mean anything to customs and they will hold it.

There are lots and lots of other cases too.

blind12

blind12

Awards
Sounds so familiar. Minus Australia and a useful website.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dont think this is happening anyway, no reps or NP people have even posted lol.. well worth a try on my part!!!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
have you seen the movies Hostel and Hostel II? i'd think twice about eastern europe and good looking chicks
:saw:
haha yeah just trying to liven things up!

isn't there a horror movie coming out in NZ soon about killing sheep? or maybe its already out. i here tourism is dropping because of it..:lol:

by the way, what the hell dig Doug Howlett do yesterday to get him on tv making a public apology?