Everyone's Off Season Arsenal?

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What are everybody's off season bulking shopping list?

I am currently loving:

Kwick Karb
L-Glutamine
VPX NO Shotgun
RPM
Dialene 4
PSLin
AP
Super Cissus
Powerfull
Generic Labz BCAA-EE

Working absolute wonders for lean muscle gains.....

What are you doing?

nelix

Awards
  • Established
My (delayed due to CC limit and moving house costs) list contains:
Activate Xtreme
Lean Xtreme
IP6
Super EPA

The primordial performance range, and some Giant Nutrition range stuff, which nutra does not stock so I guess I should not mention.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I am currently loving:

Kwick Karb
L-Glutamine
VPX NO Shotgun
RPM
Dialene 4
PSLin
AP
Super Cissus
Powerfull
Generic Labz BCAA-EE

What are you doing?
Why the Dialene 4 during bulking.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My (delayed due to CC limit and moving house costs) list contains:
Activate Xtreme
Lean Xtreme
IP6
Super EPA

The primordial performance range, and some Giant Nutrition range stuff, which nutra does not stock so I guess I should not mention.
Actually there is a product request thread . I am too interested in Giant nutrition's specially their protein powder

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use the Dialene for added energy, when I don't use RPM, and to keep my metabolism going. Also, you get a free bottle of Sesamin with it:clap2:

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
NO Shotgun has an impressive ingredient list but with the esterfied arginine, glutamine and creatine doesn't it taste like total ass? What flavour is it anyway?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
NO-shotgun has an awwwwful taste, but it works so its worth it, i heard they were coming out with a new flavor...but thats it

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Actually there is a product request thread . I am too interested in Giant nutrition's specially their protein powder
I don't see NP carrying Giant, since it's mainly Patrick's direct online sales company. I don't think any retailers carry Giant.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
It's just that Giant don't do international shipping. Which sucks. They have an awesome range of high quality products.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
I'll probably be rotating a few stack ideas

RPM with Drive

FX, HDX2, Retain2

Poseidon

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
grexx, most guys around here are ALWAYS off season :D

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Haha...:donut: :burger:

Seriously, the best move I ever made was just training and eating for the first 4 or so years between 19 and 22. At 20, I was up to 296. ALthough there was fat to lose, when I did drop it, all that newly acquired muscle was there. I had an abdominal hernia these past couple of months so it is hard to say when my next show will be. I'm figuring early Spring of next year as I want to do it right.

Keep the posts coming as it is always interesting to see everyone's plans.

Also, maybe we can make a Q and A section if NP is ok with it for training and diet as a sub forum in the Np section......

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
296lbs at 20y/o!!!!!!!!!! damn bro. was that natural if you dont mind me asking?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established

Seriously, the best move I ever made was just training and eating for the first 4 or so years between 19 and 22. At 20, I was up to 296. ALthough there was fat to lose, when I did drop it, all that newly acquired muscle was there. I had an abdominal hernia these past couple of months so it is hard to say when my next show will be. I'm figuring early Spring of next year as I want to do it right.

Also, maybe we can make a Q and A section if NP is ok with it for training and diet as a sub forum in the Np section......

You and me both...let me know where you are planning on competing...I think we're from the same general area...

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
At that time when I hit 296, I don't remember but I think I used the original 1-T ether gels and a 4 AD spray. Maybe boldione too? Not sure, but everything was legal. Genetically, I have always built muscle quite easily. Here is a pic of me at barely 18 winning the NJ States and using nothing but whey and glutamine

Attachments

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn impressive. when did you start bodybuilding in general? How much weight do you plan on adding this offseason?
I also see you dont use any type of creatine.....care to explain why or why not?

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I started training at 14. When I say training, I mean real training and diet. I remember bringing my chicken and broccoli to physics class in high school, lol. I use CEE. I didn't list everything I use, just a general outline. Add Cissus-Drol to that list for the matter. I just love training. I am not putting a number on where I want to go this off season. Just as much muscle with as little fat as possible. Time to start battling it out with the other young guns, lol.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what is the max acceptable amount of bodyfat% you will go to on a offseason bulk?

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
jeezee someone like you makes me wish i didnt do a sport in college and just hit gym fulltime that first 20lbs frosh year would of been 20lbs per year hehe and would of scored all the girls intead of half them /flex

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established

I agree with this me too, i got up to 280lbs at 19yr and that was with all natural except for one, 8 week S1+ cycle which packed on the last 30lbs, ya i also had chub but doing that built a wicked base. I was eating 5500calories+ and training like a powerlifter :thumbsup: Now i'm recomping and refining :) Currently at 237lbs

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
grexx how many grams of Glutamine do you dose per day

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
40 grams l glutamine

10 g in AM

10 pre and post

10 g before bed

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
is that it for you guys!!

I know there are more ideas or questions:aargh:

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
I don't really have an off season per se. Here are the supplements I stick with throughout most of the year though:

Whey protein
WMS
CEE
some kind of joint support (SuperCissus+ from now on, works amazingly well and very fast)
Cytocarb II powder
some sort of stim for pre-workout or early mornings (adrenaline right now)

I will also be taking the PSlin/AP stack as much as possible from now on, but I am not sure if I should be cycling and if so how long should my on and off cycles be?

I also think cycle support should be taken by anyone who cycles ph's.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Ok here is a question. Which supps have helped with recovery the most?

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For recovery, I am loving WMS with 50 g whey, 10 g glutamine, 3-6 g CEE, and AP/SUper Cissus

At night, I am using GABA, Glutamine, Powerfull and ZMA

In the AM, I love whey, b-vitamins, multi, fish oils, glutamine

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
def one of the few guys who uses gluatmine interesting not here to say blah blah stuff works or doesnt. just impresses me someone with your body and knowledge uses it so makes me start to question it again ! im all about the bcaa, leucine, and taurine

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gotta go a little light this year because Im buying a new car so this is what I got

Seasathin
CLA
Fish Oil (mega dose 30gr+)
Yellow Gold (maybe)
Cycle Support... gotta stay healthy right, lol
SizeON (got for $20)
and lots of food

*Year round stuff
Creatine Mono
Glutamine
Taurine
BCAA's

I'm doing NeoVar + RPM now and it's very nice. I may throw it in to somthing if I ever needed a P.C.T or somthing like that :)

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established

I am currently loving:

Kwick Karb
L-Glutamine
VPX NO Shotgun
RPM
Dialene 4
PSLin
AP
Super Cissus
Powerfull
Generic Labz BCAA-EE

What are you doing?
40 grams l glutamine

10 g in AM

10 pre and post

10 g before bed
Why are people still taking Glutamine? I dont get it...
I know it was once hot. I know every gym "guru" in the 90's swore buy it... but its been debunked. Oral glutamine is useless. :(

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why are people still taking Glutamine? I dont get it...
I know it was once hot. I know every gym "guru" in the 90's swore buy it... but its been debunked. Oral glutamine is useless. :(
Glutamine hater!

Research shows otherwise on Pubmed Alpine

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine hater!

Research shows otherwise on Pubmed Alpine
lol wut... ive seen the studies.

Im not talking IV or anything. Im talking about dumping the powder down your gullet. The absorption is horrible. For a well fed (or even slightly underfed, i.e. dieting) weight training athlete, oral glutamine is pretty useless.

For your plasma glutamine levels to be tanked enough for this to matter you would need to be a burn victim or something. Even then it would need to be IV. The lil dip in plasma glutamine levels after workout is nothing. The only people still promoting oral glutamine with bastardizations of pubmed studies are people who have an interest in its sales. :D

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
aI am loving the RPM/BCAA EE (Generic Labz)/PSlin pre workout boost with WMS during the workout and a dextrose/creatine blend post!! Off season time at currently at 286 on my way to 315!!!!!:bb3: