Supposed to be Bulk cissus but is it

  1. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    Supposed to be Bulk cissus but is it


    so im capping my first caps ever and doing my small container of alittle less then 100grams of bulk cissus.

    first 50 were really annnoying cuz i had no idea what i was doing second 50 were a lot easier still got more to do o well.

    here are my pictures according to someone this looks more like powerfull then it is cissus. if thats the case someone owes me an explanation and free 100g cissus :P.

    here are pictures.

    according to poopypants bulk cissus looks like this.
    [/QUOTE]

    but mine looks like.






    this is no huge big deal id just like to figureout what im capping so i can take it properly. i remember reading something about people possibly getting wrong powders when ordering bulk. but thats rumor cant remmeber for sure.

    let me know fellow peeps.

  2. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Rep Power
    32275

    i remember reading a post about this. the pic posted is probably bulk cissus and caps you posted below look like usp super cissus. correct me someone if im wrong.
  3. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    i remember reading a post about this. the pic posted is probably bulk cissus and caps you posted below look like usp super cissus. correct me someone if im wrong.
    if this is the case then id be happy. since im getting a better product for cheaper price. but if this is powerfull instead then dosing and everything is totally diff.


    on a side note. if i dont have a scale how can a weight a cap is there any way based on like a seasaw approch or anything like that?
    •   
       

  4. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    The material you self-capped looks like the >10% material, which is a darker brown color.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  5. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    The material you self-capped looks like the >10% material, which is a darker brown color.
    ok so translation is.

    its double dose bulk cissus.

    does that make it supercissusrx powder?
  6. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    if this is the case then id be happy. since im getting a better product for cheaper price. but if this is powerfull instead then dosing and everything is totally diff.


    on a side note. if i dont have a scale how can a weight a cap is there any way based on like a seasaw approch or anything like that?

    1/4 level teaspoon = ~700 mg

    9T = ~25g

    25g / 50 caps = 500mg/cap



    X
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    ok so translation is.

    its double dose bulk cissus.
    Yes.


    USP claims their Supercissus is extracted differently.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Yes.


    USP claims their Supercissus is extracted differently.
    -i must be a moron i dont get it. so what i got in my 100g container is double dose bulk cissus. whichs means its not supercissusrx correct? cuz isnt double strenth bulk cissus cissusrx?


    -ok if i just ordered bulk cissus 500g container which i did and have unopened here this could be 5percent cissus or 10percent cissus? or is all bulk cissus 10percent now?

    -and bulk supercissusrx is diff from 10percent bulk cissus right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    1/4 level teaspoon = ~700 mg

    9T = ~25g

    25g / 50 caps = 500mg/cap

    X
    ok id have to measure teaspoons which i prob wont do since im too lazy. but so far ive capped 100 00s and there is more left in container and container should be 5 servings short of full cuz i think i only took it about 5times.

    once i finally finish capping it all i can just forget the 5times and divide number of caps total with 100g right and that then finally gives me number for howmuch cissus is in each cap.
  9. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post

    ok id have to measure teaspoons which i prob wont do since im too lazy. but so far ive capped 100 00s and there is more left in container and container should be 5 servings short of full cuz i think i only took it about 5times.

    once i finally finish capping it all i can just forget the 5times and divide number of caps total with 100g right and that then finally gives me number for howmuch cissus is in each cap.
    You don't have a Tablespoon (measuring spoon)?


    Do you have an old scoop from some other supp? I sometimes just measure out the correct amount and try different scoops until it fills one then use that from then on.

    Although taking your 100g and capping them all at once and dividing by # of caps will work too.

    I get bored with capping after the second or third time through.



    X
  10. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    You don't have a Tablespoon (measuring spoon)?


    Do you have an old scoop from some other supp? I sometimes just measure out the correct amount and try different scoops until it fills one then use that from then on.

    Although taking your 100g and capping them all at once and dividing by # of caps will work too.

    I get bored with capping after the second or third time through.



    X
    well let me tell you about my experience.

    1. 100 caps fell on floor trying to open the bag haha was sooo mad almost flipped they went all over.
    2. filled the tray with 50 empty caps and was adjusting the side things and it went to high and all caps moved underneath so i had to replace all the caps again. was getting madder haha.
    3. finally filled everything up and things went well second 50 were 10x faster then first 50.

    tamped them 2 times each i think but my caps arent totally full first time around their was powder above the top of cap so when i tried to cap it lots spilled to sides so i wiped that extra away and then recapped them all.

    end of story is i had fun in long run. and look foward to capping everything from now on and saving money.
  11. Registered User
    Xodus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1040

    Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    well let me tell you about my experience.

    1. 100 caps fell on floor trying to open the bag haha was sooo mad almost flipped they went all over.
    2. filled the tray with 50 empty caps and was adjusting the side things and it went to high and all caps moved underneath so i had to replace all the caps again. was getting madder haha.
    3. finally filled everything up and things went well second 50 were 10x faster then first 50.

    tamped them 2 times each i think but my caps arent totally full first time around their was powder above the top of cap so when i tried to cap it lots spilled to sides so i wiped that extra away and then recapped them all.

    end of story is i had fun in long run. and look foward to capping everything from now on and saving money.
    It does get easier, but you still do stupid stuff. The other night I was watching a movie and capping. After I did two sets of caps, I just dumped powder on the tray without adding the cap bottoms. Even started trying to 'fill' the caps with the spreader.



    I figured it was time to stop for the night at that point.

    X
  12. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    ok finally finished the 100g of cissus and i still dont know what kinda cissus this is haha.

    i used 00 caps and about. 188caps. with lets say 5 servings missings.

    which makes each cap about .520mg

    i totally need the 000 next time.

    im afraid to cap my 1,4ad powder goddamit and those are smaller caps im gonna go crazy.
  13. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,208
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    It does get easier, but you still do stupid stuff. The other night I was watching a movie and capping. After I did two sets of caps, I just dumped powder on the tray without adding the cap bottoms. Even started trying to 'fill' the caps with the spreader.



    I figured it was time to stop for the night at that point.

    X
    LMAO thats a good one.... ill be watchin tv an miss like sporadic spots where theres cap bottoma and just get big pils when im finished.. lol at least i used to now i always go back through with an extra cap and tap everyone to make sure it has one.....

    well looks good then i figured it was possibly a diff extract but i was just wonderin what was up since my last 4 orders have all been the lighter color i showed you...

    Dsade do you guys offer USP's super cissus in bulk as well???? done by them with their "special" extraction process?
  14. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    LMAO thats a good one.... ill be watchin tv an miss like sporadic spots where theres cap bottoma and just get big pils when im finished.. lol at least i used to now i always go back through with an extra cap and tap everyone to make sure it has one.....

    well looks good then i figured it was possibly a diff extract but i was just wonderin what was up since my last 4 orders have all been the lighter color i showed you...

    Dsade do you guys offer USP's super cissus in bulk as well???? done by them with their "special" extraction process?
    Well its for sale 100g of bulk super cissus RX 20bucks. i still dont know what cissus i got. haha
  15. Banned
    nphocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Good Advice.


    Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    well let me tell you about my experience.

    1. 100 caps fell on floor trying to open the bag haha was sooo mad almost flipped they went all over.
    2. filled the tray with 50 empty caps and was adjusting the side things and it went to high and all caps moved underneath so i had to replace all the caps again. was getting madder haha.
    3. finally filled everything up and things went well second 50 were 10x faster then first 50.

    tamped them 2 times each i think but my caps arent totally full first time around their was powder above the top of cap so when i tried to cap it lots spilled to sides so i wiped that extra away and then recapped them all.

    end of story is i had fun in long run. and look foward to capping everything from now on and saving money.
    I would strongly suggest investing in a "pocket scale" or what's called a jewelry scale. Something that measures .00grams, or within 10mg. You should be able to get one online for under 30.00 shipped. That will let you measure individual pills from a given batch and figure out how much powder is in each pill.

    If you can't or don't want to do that, go to target/walmart/whatever and get a digital kitchen food scale that measures in grams, and tare/calibrate it to whatever bowl/cup you will be putting your powder in. Once you have tared it, add in 25 grams of powder for 500mg caps, or 37-38 grams of powder for 750mg caps.

    I only have 0 caps, which are good for a consistent 500-560mg. They weigh on my scale at 620-670mg because the empty capsule is 100-120mg by itself. Consistent tamping and filling will also produce consistent caps.

    I suggest practicing a few runs with something cheap, like BCAA. Granular stuff is pretty easy to cap. Fluffy stuff is a PITA. You can tell the difference by average granual size, and also how much puffs away when you open scoop it.

    DSADE: Ever though of adding a couple of ratings to the bulk powders on NP. Something like Water Solubility, Taste, and Ease of capping. Taurine is very water soluable(sp), has no/nil taste, and is average to cap. Hydroxl4 Cissus is not/nil water soluable, has a strong kinda bad taste, and is harder than average to cap. Something along those lines, so people know what they're getting into with the wide variety of bulk powders out there. If you have an accurate scale for measuring dosages, you can just mix it with your protein and call it a day if it doesn't have a strong taste, instead of wasting time and money capping it. With some of the harder to cap stuff, it might be worth your time and money to just buy a prepackaged product, instead of the headache of tamping and spreading, tamping and spreading, ad nauseum. Just a thought, I know some people just like making their own ish and will cap it irregardless, but for newbs, it might be useful. Like capping yellow gold...
  16. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    Quote Originally Posted by nphocus View Post
    I would strongly suggest investing in a "pocket scale" or what's called a jewelry scale. Something that measures .00grams, or within 10mg. You should be able to get one online for under 30.00 shipped. That will let you measure individual pills from a given batch and figure out how much powder is in each pill.

    If you can't or don't want to do that, go to target/walmart/whatever and get a digital kitchen food scale that measures in grams, and tare/calibrate it to whatever bowl/cup you will be putting your powder in. Once you have tared it, add in 25 grams of powder for 500mg caps, or 37-38 grams of powder for 750mg caps.

    I only have 0 caps, which are good for a consistent 500-560mg. They weigh on my scale at 620-670mg because the empty capsule is 100-120mg by itself. Consistent tamping and filling will also produce consistent caps.

    I suggest practicing a few runs with something cheap, like BCAA. Granular stuff is pretty easy to cap. Fluffy stuff is a PITA. You can tell the difference by average granual size, and also how much puffs away when you open scoop it.

    DSADE: Ever though of adding a couple of ratings to the bulk powders on NP. Something like Water Solubility, Taste, and Ease of capping. Taurine is very water soluable(sp), has no/nil taste, and is average to cap. Hydroxl4 Cissus is not/nil water soluable, has a strong kinda bad taste, and is harder than average to cap. Something along those lines, so people know what they're getting into with the wide variety of bulk powders out there. If you have an accurate scale for measuring dosages, you can just mix it with your protein and call it a day if it doesn't have a strong taste, instead of wasting time and money capping it. With some of the harder to cap stuff, it might be worth your time and money to just buy a prepackaged product, instead of the headache of tamping and spreading, tamping and spreading, ad nauseum. Just a thought, I know some people just like making their own ish and will cap it irregardless, but for newbs, it might be useful. Like capping yellow gold...
    Good posting.. id rep ya if i could
  17. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by nphocus View Post
    DSADE: Ever though of adding a couple of ratings to the bulk powders on NP. Something like Water Solubility, Taste, and Ease of capping. Taurine is very water soluable(sp), has no/nil taste, and is average to cap. Hydroxl4 Cissus is not/nil water soluable, has a strong kinda bad taste, and is harder than average to cap. Something along those lines, so people know what they're getting into with the wide variety of bulk powders out there. If you have an accurate scale for measuring dosages, you can just mix it with your protein and call it a day if it doesn't have a strong taste, instead of wasting time and money capping it. With some of the harder to cap stuff, it might be worth your time and money to just buy a prepackaged product, instead of the headache of tamping and spreading, tamping and spreading, ad nauseum. Just a thought, I know some people just like making their own ish and will cap it irregardless, but for newbs, it might be useful. Like capping yellow gold...
    Good idea...let me see what I can do about getting this. Might need to call on the experience of everyone to come to a consensus. Maybe like the product review section.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  18. Registered User
    WebDesigner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    207

    I have the bulk super cissus rx and it looks like the picture on top. Nothing like the one that you got.
  19. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDesigner View Post
    I have the bulk super cissus rx and it looks like the picture on top. Nothing like the one that you got.
    ok so your implying that i have normal bulk cissus but still arent sure if its 5percent or 10percent strength

    grey = bulk supercissus rx right if what ur saying is true
  20. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bikini Bottom
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,208
    Rep Power
    0

    no it must be both casue what i posted was only cissus, not super cissus.
  21. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    alright so we got 2 guys one of whom i know and is full of good info says that what i got isnt the same bulk powder he has

    and another dude saying his powder which is supposed to be bulk supercissusrx is grey.

    hummmers. dsade or something cant you just sum everything up and include pictures or something?

    there are only what 2-3 diff versions so 3 pictures would be great with small explanation
  22. Registered User
    fromkrypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    121

    From my experience, regular cissus (which I got from NP) is a reddish-brown color, and super cissus is grey like the first photo. Very different colors IMHO. USP even has a photo comparing the two in their ads I've seen in MD.

    As a side note, my regular bulk cissus had tiny rocks in it. They were a b!tch to pick out while capping.
  23. Banned
    nphocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    The tiny rocks might be coagulated resin, from the extraction process. You should try rolling them up and smoke, err breaking them up and capping them with the rest....
  24. Registered User
    fromkrypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    121

    Yeah, I capped most of them. Too hard to pick them all out.

    Hasn't been a problem at all since going to super cissus. Love that stuff!!!
  25. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    ok so summary of last couple posts say.

    regular cissus = reddish brown
    supercissusrx = grey

    so poopy your cappping supercissusrx then and i guess being hooked up thinking your buying regular
  26. NP Supplement Pimp
    Board Sponsor
    NutraPlanet CS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    136885

    I personally compared our two cissus powders and the bulk powerfull for any color differences. After looking at your pictures, I confirm that you received the standard Cissus Powder, not the 10% version nor Bulk Powerfull.
    Nice Products, Nice Prices, Nice People, No Problems....NutraPlanet.com!....Welcome to our World!
  27. Registered User
    nycste's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Manhattan
    Posts
    3,174
    Rep Power
    1688

    Quote Originally Posted by NutraPlanet CS View Post
    I personally compared our two cissus powders and the bulk powerfull for any color differences. After looking at your pictures, I confirm that you received the standard Cissus Powder, not the 10% version nor Bulk Powerfull.
    thankya.

    seems there are some conflicting views on this but thanks for setting the ground rules.
  28. NP Supplement Pimp
    Board Sponsor
    NutraPlanet CS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    136885

    Sure, no problem!

    Please note that cissus comes in hundreds of different strands/colors. Though, our regular cissus powder is still guaranteed to yeild 5% ketosterones.

    Thanks for choosing NutraPlanet!

    Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    thankya.

    seems there are some conflicting views on this but thanks for setting the ground rules.
    Nice Products, Nice Prices, Nice People, No Problems....NutraPlanet.com!....Welcome to our World!
  29. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    I believe those 50% capsules will be coming soon...soon.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  30. Registered User
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Planet Secksi Baby Yeah!
    Posts
    4,409
    Rep Power
    2360

    All you cappers look out for my new post soon on how to cap etc with details but btw y'all gonna be showing / guiding me on how to do it

    and then it will become a faq!

    Much Love,

    Neoborn
  31. Banned
    nphocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    All you cappers look out for my new post soon on how to cap etc with details but btw y'all gonna be showing / guiding me on how to do it

    and then it will become a faq!

    Much Love,

    Neoborn
    Also include the realworld capsule capacities, from 1, 0, 00, 000. I have no idea how someone can stuff 700mg into a 0 cap... I regularly get 500mg, no matter how hard I tamp...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 10:44 PM
  2. Diet Help, is it supposed to be this complicated???
    By ShockCollar in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 09:26 AM
  3. what color is formex supposed to be? help plz
    By sanchezgreg18 in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 06:26 PM
  4. <(^^,)> What the hell is this supposed to be?
    By freqfly in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in